Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oops...wrong words.  Should have said closet rods rather than curtain rods. 😁  I was actually thinking about using curtain rods for a little bit. The closet is only 10 inches deep and clothes won't fit hanging sideways like they normally do, so I had to get a little creative.  I ended up using black iron pipe fittings to create 3 separate short rods that run front to back rather than one long rod that runs side to side.  It's in the guest bedroom so guests will at least have room to hang 5-6 items on each of the 3 rods.

My daughter just sent a couple of pictures.  She got new bulbs for her "new" chandelier, and she gave us an "after" shot of cleaning her stained-glass window.  She found the chandelier at a thrift store, and it needed a lot of cleaning and a little rewiring.  Looks great in her foyer.  You can't really tell from the picture, but a couple of the stained-glass panes are cracked and some of the panes are loose from missing lead.  She'll need to find someone who fixes stained-glass windows.  That's well beyond my skill set.  I did however build a new wooden frame with a plexiglass insert that's mounted and sealed outside of the stained-glass window.  It lets in light but my daughter won't need to worry about bugs or cold air coming in from the cracks.

IMG_9131.thumb.JPEG.5496f18c01b7b21ba2cd2e93375a7e36.JPEG

IMG_9122.thumb.JPEG.0b1a3f384175245442ff07fafbe062a9.JPEG

The light on the newel post is different.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The light on the newel post is different.

Yeah...I'd never seen anything like that before.  It looks cool, but it's located right where I want to place my hand when grabbing the handrail to go upstairs.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

Feeling like new empty nesters, we are slowly getting back to our normal routine of longer hikes and walks.  

Our church owns quite a few acres of land, and a farmer leases part of it to plant crops.  This year, he agreed to plant sunflowers, several rows deep, along the outer edge.  

Weather was not nice enough Sunday for photos, so I went today fo a couple pictures. 

IMG_2943.thumb.jpeg.a03e0d4e36bff4eba9cb5f2f6c72be2b.jpeg

One of the local photographers has been using it for a nice background. 

IMG_2944.thumb.jpeg.132625f93f1a96ab61f07f523b8977fb.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My daughter just sent a couple of pictures.  She got new bulbs for her "new" chandelier, and she gave us an "after" shot of cleaning her stained-glass window.  She found the chandelier at a thrift store, and it needed a lot of cleaning and a little rewiring.  Looks great in her foyer.  You can't really tell from the picture, but a couple of the stained-glass panes are cracked and some of the panes are loose from missing lead.  She'll need to find someone who fixes stained-glass windows.  That's well beyond my skill set.  I did however build a new wooden frame with a plexiglass insert that's mounted and sealed outside of the stained-glass window.  It lets in light but my daughter won't need to worry about bugs or cold air coming in from the cracks.

IMG_9131.thumb.JPEG.5496f18c01b7b21ba2cd2e93375a7e36.JPEG

IMG_9122.thumb.JPEG.0b1a3f384175245442ff07fafbe062a9.JPEG

Beautiful!  Love the paint colour  and the light on the banister too.  That chandelier is a find.  Never seen one at a thrift shop here.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Feeling like new empty nesters, we are slowly getting back to our normal routine of longer hikes and walks.  

Our church owns quite a few acres of land, and a farmer leases part of it to plant crops.  This year, he agreed to plant sunflowers, several rows deep, along the outer edge.  

Weather was not nice enough Sunday for photos, so I went today fo a couple pictures. 

IMG_2943.thumb.jpeg.a03e0d4e36bff4eba9cb5f2f6c72be2b.jpeg

One of the local photographers has been using it for a nice background. 

IMG_2944.thumb.jpeg.132625f93f1a96ab61f07f523b8977fb.jpeg

Love this!  Makes me happy seeing these.  Wouldn’t last long in our area though - the cockatoos would call it a buffet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

What the cabin literature has on square footage/dimensions just numbers.
I have not stayed in one but went to see the cabin as it was occupied by a friend from cc. It is not any "bigger". It seems smaller, but it is a square so that makes it feel spacious. Also no sofa. There is the armchair that you see in the picture above with the backpack on it. The wall does have the windows which "opens" it up spatially and it feels open and bright. Bathroom is identical. Everything else is the same. Theirs was on deck 7, but those on deck 6 above the "smoking bus stop stand" have mixed reviews on noise and smoke...bothered some, did not bother some. I have also seen a solo square (Anthem) and an inside square ( can't remember ship, but probably the same one).

I do love deck 6 for its proximity to everything.
I also like the balconies at the very front with the round openings. Have stayed in them. The balcony does not feel any smaller or restricted and is excellent for those who want shade and sun.....little bit of all.

Hi Sis,  You like my backpack😁  I always enjoy the 80 +/- sq' balcony that comes with these square cabins.  And there is a regular walk in shower (rectangular or square I cannot remember).  That is bigger than those capsule showers.  I'll take some photos and share in March.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

@bobmacliberty I have to ask. Why would you hang curtain rods in closets? Is that in place of doors? Or a secret organizing trick, that I am not familiar with? ☺️

Movers are coming on Aug. 30. Hopefully I can drive by then. I am getting around with the walker and short walks with a cane. 

So happy to hear that you are doing better and able to get around😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 10:21 AM, firefly333 said:

…Well i see a dentist finally today. Long wait and they cant schedule a cleaning until xrays. Hopefully I can get my teeth cleaned before oct. When i leave for a month on harmony.

Why can’t they do them at the same time? Our dentist has always done them on the same day.

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why can’t they do them at the same time? Our dentist has always done them on the same day.

Well that post was a while ago I guess. They did wind up doing them the same day, with maybe a 30 minute wait in between. In between I was presented with a aetna dental plan and prices with it and without. They had measured all my teeth the gums pulled away whatever they call it, 3 3 2 2 4 5 6.. those and said the regular cleaning only does the surface, I have some molars in the back with deeper holes to my gums. I have had a long history of dental problems, probably have extra saliva. So I had to pay for a deep cleaning to get my teeth cleaned below the surface which actually didnt take that long, just waited while they did another patient. 

I now have a 5 year dental plan I didnt have before. Very different dental office. Kinda of a black vibe and fancy machines. I'd had a couple of implants and paid 1k twice for a around the head xray which they did here included. It's also right past bldg A here, so I could walk there easily though I'd have to go out and around our fence on the street but it's the very next bldg after the first bldg of my condo. I go back in Nov for a regular cleaning. We will see if all she did worked. Never worked before but hey I'll keep the faith. She squirted antibiotic below my gums to make them heal up better. Next time she will do a fluoride treatment. If she can get my gums so they dont need cleaning so often and dont have issues I'll work with them. Worth a try. 

I'm guessing they often charge for deep cleaning the way the receptionist acted when I kept trying to make a cleaning appointment and she kept saying we need to determine what kind you need. At least I was able to get it all done the same time.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

On 8/19/2024 at 7:06 PM, h20skibum said:

I went to the school to help my daughter finish the setup of her classroom for start of school tomorrow.  

I don’t think many realize how much time, and their own money, goes into getting things ready.  I think this was the 4th time I was there to lend her a hand in hanging things.  

Five years ago, my son's teacher from second grade (who I'm still friends with) posted a fundraiser of sorts on FB where people pledged a $9 donation to be used to buy a student a Scholastic 99-cent book each month.  I think it only took a couple days for her to fill up all 24 spots -- most of us covered more than one student. 

Most of the students in her classroom were unable to purchase books each month when the Scholastic flyer came out, but they'd all get excited over the order form anyway, even though only a few would get to make a purchase.  Every month, there is always one book available that is only 99-cents, and with 24 people pledging $9, that would get a book a month for all 24 kids in her classroom.

Last year and this year, I took money from a extra shift and covered the cost for the whole class.  She tells the kids that they have a Book Fairy Godmother that bought the books for them (I don't let her give me credit).  I know what a game-changer it would have been for me to be able to get a free book as a child, and if I can help just one child learn to love reading, it's totally worth it to me.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

On 8/20/2024 at 5:28 AM, h20skibum said:

Add me to that group.  I have enjoyed the low utility bills this summer.  It is 54° here this morning.  

On 8/20/2024 at 5:32 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Tonight is supposed to get into the 50's here and I think today is only going to make it to 70.

Here in SW Michigan, it was 54 when I left work this morning, and we're also supposed to get down to 50 tonight.  But summer's not over -- forecast is for 80 on Friday, then higher each day this weekend, up to 89 on Monday.  

• Like 3

Good morning.

It is 62°F and sunny here at 11.24am.

It is our 43rd wedding anniversary today.

We had a family meal last night to celebrate.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a nice day.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Just dropping in a few pics from Norway.  Turn around day in Amsterdam today and headed to Iceland next.  We have a great trip so far! Norway was stunning.

20240819_111641.jpg

20240819_111000.jpg

20240819_094510.jpg

We’re finally going on a cruise to Norway next August! I can’t wait! It looks beautiful!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Congratulations to you both. 🎉🥳

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy Anniversary Graham!  Wishing you many more happy years together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy anniversary. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy anniversary.  You and Pauline are such a lovely couple.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Sis,  You like my backpack😁  I always enjoy the 80 +/- sq' balcony that comes with these square cabins.  And there is a regular walk in shower (rectangular or square I cannot remember).  That is bigger than those capsule showers.  I'll take some photos and share in March.

Yes I love the backpack! It is such a pretty color.😁
I cannot say anything about that bathroom because I did not peek in 😉.
I have seen the solo cabin bathroom (one of them) and I recall the layout being more square.

Looking forward to your pictures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy Anniversary!

• Thanks 1