Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

More importantly, I hope that Tua is OK.  With his history of concussions, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that his career is over.  I'm sure he'll want to play, but there will certainly be doctors warning him of the serious risks.  Hopefully it's not that serious.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I felt the same thing. I feel sorry for Tua and his history of concussions. It might be better for him to retire while he can. CTE can be devastating to former NFL players. I also feel bad for Damar who hit him. I’m sure he feels concern for Tua also.

Same, I feel sorry for Tua.  And I hope we get to see him play again.  But it's sad, these guys are taught to slide or run out of bounds.  Tua lowered his head right in to an oncoming players chest.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Glorious weather here in Dallas area.  Low 90s, sunshine, 50% humidity.  Lunch with "the girls".  3 of my best TX friends, ending lunch at an outdoor Starbuck's,  (in the shade) maybe a little shopping at Sam Moon, an accessory paradise.  THIS is the weather I love.  And no, low 90s is not too hot for me.  My wish is that @dani negreanu our Dani, could have a carefree day like this with no worries except what size latte she'll have.

Terrible weather here.  We've had biblical rains over the last week+.  We got 5 inches yesterday alone and several roads were underwater.  Our golf course has seen more than 16 inches in the last week.  We're used to afternoon thunderstorms...that's a part of being in Florida.  But the rain we've had lately goes on for hours (and hours) every day.  Our island is fully saturated.  We have a storm drain in the back corner of our yard that is no longer draining.  There's no place for the water to go. 

We've got 3 neighbors who've had very large trees fall, I believe from the ground being too wet (we haven't really had high winds).  Two hit and damaged the house and one just covered the driveway, with fortunately no cars in it at the time.  Several friends have had a few inches of water in their driveway and garage.  We've been lucky since our house is newer than most in our neighborhood and was built a couple of feet above grade.  I feel bad for anyone here right now on vacation.  Not a good vacation week.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, DeltaOne said:

Same, I feel sorry for Tua.  And I hope we get to see him play again.  But it's sad, these guys are taught to slide or run out of bounds.  Tua lowered his head right in to an oncoming players chest.

It was certainly an awkward play by Tua, and I've seen many people online question why he didn't slide.  Some talking head former players though have pointed out that he was trying to get a first down, didn't know exactly where he was in relation to the first down marker, and didn't want to be short by sliding (since they spot the ball where the slide started, which is often a couple of yards before where he stopped).  It was a competitive football player trying to make a play for his team, who had a very unfortunate outcome.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It was certainly an awkward play by Tua, and I've seen many people online question why he didn't slide.  Some talking head former players though have pointed out that he was trying to get a first down, didn't know exactly where he was in relation to the first down marker, and didn't want to be short by sliding (since they spot the ball where the slide started, which is often a couple of yards before where he stopped).  It was a competitive football player trying to make a play for his team, who had a very unfortunate outcome.

I think the NFL should make those new helmets mandatory. I know the look weird and the players have the option to wear them but for the sake of brain injuries it would help.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Looks wonderful Graham.  I'm looking at P@O along with MSC and Celebrity 

So disappointed with RC's UK cruises next year and their prices.

After our Sept cruise we'll be three points away from D+ but can't find anything to book 

Thank you Sue.

We book every night speciality dining online 15 days prior to cruising and receive 20% discount off on board price and pick the dining times we want.

As top loyalty we also get an extra 10% loyalty discount.

The speciality restaurant dining every night makes our cruise special as the food and service is excellent.

• Like 7

@bobmacliberty No kidding on the biblical rain!!  I needed to pick up a prescription yesterday…drove over to Walgreens on the island…power out along Sadler and Walgreens was closed with no idea of a reopening time.  Sigh.  Needed that prescription so we had to drive 40 minutes to north Jax to another Walgreens.  Via flooded roads and idiots that didn’t even slow down for the many ponds we had to plow through.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening from the beach.

We ordered a new automatic full hybrid car today and part exchanged our 27 months old 6 speed manual.

We expect to pick it up in a weeks time.

IMG_20240913_163724.jpg

What's the make and model you ordered... Getting new car is exciting. 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This time next week I'll be boarding Navigator.  It seems like forever since I've been on a cruise...

I can't wait...

Screenshot2024-09-13at8_47_19AM.thumb.png.911213b0b60d780b145f53457e964935.png

Had a great dinner last night at an El Salvadoran restaurant. It was one of the best Carne Asada's I have ever eaten... and I've eaten more than a few.  The view wasn't bad either.  The restaurant was just east of Dallas in Rockwall.

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.1f2c61c83a14236df6db64325d1b6116.jpeg

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.e3ab5e47a938a6c6fda7b7868dff2ecc.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing everything about your cruise and scouting report for food and drink.

• Like 3

I finally got to meet "in person" my newest step cat - Toffee.

image.thumb.jpeg.633580e742011ba612ea53be50211901.jpeg

And renew my acquaintance with my all-time favorite, Lychee, with the silkiest fur.

image.thumb.jpeg.9325f17b7e618ac85b4199adb3258c13.jpeg

Meantime, DH met the neighborhood cat, who deigned to pose gracefully for him 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.bfd0604e395c378b07bbdca4b6094f77.jpeg

And on a happier note, fingers crossed we'll fly tomorrow afternoon to Athens, to join my cousin and her DH. Hopefully, this time we'll cruise together, since last year she had to cancel at the last minute.

With all the chaos going on, we decided to push forward our flight from Sunday to Saturday, to have a "buffer" of one day before our cruise starts on Monday.

So looking forward to "disconnect" from the daily "news" and finally meet the cousins, whom I didn't see from the beginning of Covid.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And renew my acquaintance with my all-time favorite, Lychee, with the silkiest fur.

And on a happier note, fingers crossed we'll fly tomorrow afternoon to Athens, to join my cousin and her DH. Hopefully, this time we'll cruise together, since last year she had to cancel at the last minute.

With all the chaos going on, we decided to push forward our flight from Sunday to Saturday, to have a "buffer" of one day before our cruise starts on Monday.

So looking forward to "disconnect" from the daily "news" and finally meet the cousins, whom I didn't see from the beginning of Covid.

Have a wonderful time you need a disconnect and some cousin time.  The cats are beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Fantastic news Dani.

You certainly deserve an absolutely fabulous cruise.

Nice photos.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@HBE4 After seeing Leonard I’m not sure I believe Minnie needs to lose 4 pounds!

IMG_5882.jpeg

That was a general internet meme, it's not Lenoard nor me. 

Minnie looks fine. No need for her to lose weight. Here is Leonard, doing what he does best,  curled up on top of the couch

20240712_1556092.thumb.jpg.8c77e3f0cd73f3179be0fe1e0b03ee02.jpg

Except when I walk down the staircase behind the couch,  then he goes into his imitation of a lion stalking a prey.

And no, his paw is not exploding. It's a tuft of fur that the sunlight was shining on. Totally accidentally. I couldn't capture a shot like that if I tried. 

20240712_1233402.thumb.jpg.aa8bd416c479624aa3c8ef8eda4bc6f4.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Love all of the kitty pics! You look amazing in that beautiful red blouse. I hope your trip goes smoothly and you have a wonderful time with your cousins!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So happy to hear it looks like your trip is on.  Will be saying a prayer all your travels are safe and on time.  Enjoy your time with family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu have a wonderful cruise and your chance to unwind from the daily stress.   It is nice that you will be able to get together with your cousins you haven’t seen since the beginning of Covid.  

On another note, my California grandson’s other grandparents were able to finally make the trip from China.  He hasn’t seen them, other than by FaceTime, since 2019.  They are staying through the end of October.  Hopefully he is brushing up on his Chinese. 

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This time next week I'll be boarding Navigator.  It seems like forever since I've been on a cruise...

I can't wait...

Screenshot2024-09-13at8_47_19AM.thumb.png.911213b0b60d780b145f53457e964935.png

Had a great dinner last night at an El Salvadoran restaurant. It was one of the best Carne Asada's I have ever eaten... and I've eaten more than a few.  The view wasn't bad either.  The restaurant was just east of Dallas in Rockwall.

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.1f2c61c83a14236df6db64325d1b6116.jpeg

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.e3ab5e47a938a6c6fda7b7868dff2ecc.jpeg

Hey Rockwall is just across the lake from us.  I do enjoy Gloria’s.

We were on Navigator in May.  Great ship. The tiki bar and Playmakers were great additions. Have a great time!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@dani negreanu have a wonderful cruise and your chance to unwind from the daily stress.   It is nice that you will be able to get together with your cousins you haven’t seen since the beginning of Covid.  

On another note, my California grandson’s other grandparents were able to finally make the trip from China.  He hasn’t seen them, other than by FaceTime, since 2019.  They are staying through the end of October.  Hopefully he is brushing up on his Chinese. 

Gosh, as a soon-to-be granny the length of time not seeing Grandparents in the flesh is very sad.  BUT FaceTime really does help.  When my 32 yr and 33 yr daughters were small contact was via video to my parents and then twice yearly trips there or back (between uk and Gibraltar).  It has been lovely to see that they have had a strong bond despite the distance.  

Sadly my father passed away last month.  Both girls managed to get to visit and made calls while he was in hospital.  

They both spoke of their memories at his funeral and eldest played the Ave Maria on her flute.  

So why have I reflected on this to you all ….  Lots of us are torn apart by geography, but if you do make the effort, regular calls and regular postcards or whatever way you choose to connect, it is worth that effort.  

I hope that my soon to be born grandchild will stay in Gibraltar, but it will have roots here, in northern Spain, UK, Italy and Canada- so who knows what the future may bring.  I might need to re read this post sometime in the future. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Great kitty pictures, have a great vacation you definitely deserve it.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

That was a general internet meme, it's not Lenoard nor me. 

Minnie looks fine. No need for her to lose weight. Here is Leonard, doing what he does best,  curled up on top of the couch

20240712_1556092.thumb.jpg.8c77e3f0cd73f3179be0fe1e0b03ee02.jpg

Except when I walk down the staircase behind the couch,  then he goes into his imitation of a lion stalking a prey.

And no, his paw is not exploding. It's a tuft of fur that the sunlight was shining on. Totally accidentally. I couldn't capture a shot like that if I tried. 

20240712_1233402.thumb.jpg.aa8bd416c479624aa3c8ef8eda4bc6f4.jpg

we had a 23 pound ragdoll that we had to put on diet food if he sat on his sister she couldn’t be seen.

• Like 5