Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Very similar. It comes dry, like pasta and cooks like pasta as well, about 8-10 minutes in low boiling water or broth. 

CFE850DF-20DD-46E2-A230-B4DCCF5C1F6A.jpeg

This is the only one I buy.

I usually only add it to 2 recipes.

1.  Wedding soup, dunno, makes it look better.

2.  Stuff cabbage  aka pigs in the blanket.  Absorbs some of the fat from the ground sirloin before your stomach does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Gary...this Blueberry pie we picked up at a farm market on the way in...is for you!    Well...if there is anything left after Bucky got to it. 😄 

20210617_192758.jpg

That look says "don't mess with my blueberry pie!!!"

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We will do lots of weekend trips and either stay with friends at their homes or stay at the Spray Beach Hotel right down the road from our house.

From the in-laws house, turn left and walk 10 minutes up the beach and I'm at the Beach Bar @ Spray Beach Hotel for lunch & day drinking. Turn right from the house and 10 down the beach is the Sea Shell Resort for Dinner & night drinking.

They sure know how to pick a great location.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky collecting fresh sea water from in front of the house to steam them in, which was recommended by the lobster people as much better than with sea salt added to steam them in.  

20210617_155613.jpg

OMG.... If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it..... Bucky actually wears something other than sandles/flip-flops ? ? ? ? ? 🤣😂😀 LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apologies for being absent from this great thread.  Most of the last couple of weeks have been consumed with work.  Finally taking a few days off and took a couple grandkids and DW up into the mountains for couple of days in a cabin at the lake.  Temp down below at home was supposed to be up above 110° so I definitely needed to get out of Dodge.

IMG_3795.thumb.jpeg.9f52f6dc5ecb10e09bc4ff97fce2e896.jpeg

IMG_0276.thumb.jpeg.a474b91eee6d928b7476853ec02b87ce.jpeg

IMG_0275.thumb.jpeg.f614261709aad74f110adc92d7afed0b.jpeg

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@Tree_skierlooks like a great trip

So far so good.  Besides going to a neat little place for dinner call the The Trading Post.  All I have done so far is sit in my chair outside and watched the fun.  I've messed my knee up  again kind of badly and have been limping around for two weeks.  Tomorrow I'm going to try and ride my bike a bit while the rest Kayak.  We'll see how it goes.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I’m procrastinating. I need to do housework, but I don’t want to.

Here are Stanley and Gus. I will probably not vacuum this room because they look so peaceful!

2FB262C0-C2B1-49D0-BED9-20960B7DE060.jpeg

What a precious picture!  I love how the one is hugging the other. ❤️

• Like 7

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Did you choose baked beans? Whatever happened to mushy peas?

I do not like garden or mushy peas and asked them not to give me any and they kindly obliged to my request to give me a seperate  pot of baked beans instead which I do like.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Apologies for being absent from this great thread.  Most of the last couple of weeks have been consumed with work.  Finally taking a few days off and took a couple grandkids and DW up into the mountains for couple of days in a cabin at the lake.  Temp down below at home was supposed to be up above 110° so I definitely needed to get out of Dodge.

Great pictures of your vacation.

Nice new avatar too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Gary...this Blueberry pie we picked up at a farm market on the way in...is for you!    Well...if there is anything left after Bucky got to it. 😄 

20210617_192758.jpg

Make my mouth water why don't ya'................I almost licked the screen!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday was NOT a routine day, it was a very good day.  Micheline is an ovarian cancer survivor who has been in remission for 3 years. She has checkups and gets blood tests done every 6 months.  The couple of days before blood test day are stressful for her, with the lingering fear that the bloodwork will show that the cancer is back.  Once again though, everything came back completely clean.  We're good for another 6 months!  After 5 years, she goes to annual checks instead of 6 months.  We have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor for more than 10 years.  She said that annual check fear diminishes but never goes away.  I'm sure that some of you can relate.

There was an extra bit of tension this time.  All test results (for any medical tests) are posted online as soon as they are available.  This is great because it reduces the amount of time that you need to wait to get the results (although also means that you will probably see the results before your doctor).  For ovarian cancer, the key blood test is called a CA-125 test.  A few hours after getting blood drawn, she'll get a text message that her results are ready and she'll log in to see the results.  When she logged in this time, they had posted basic metabolic panel test results, but no CA-125 results.  Someone had ordered the wrong test.  They quickly corrected this when she saw her oncologist yesterday, but it meant another day of waiting.  😡 

I started a tradition a couple of years ago where I have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge.  When we get the positive results, we pop the champagne.  🥂

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

From the in-laws house, turn left and walk 10 minutes up the beach and I'm at the Beach Bar @ Spray Beach Hotel for lunch & day drinking. Turn right from the house and 10 down the beach is the Sea Shell Resort for Dinner & night drinking.

They sure know how to pick a great location.

I havent been to the sea shell in a couple of years as the spray beach hotel is right down the street from us so we go there a lot when we stay at our house.  I love getting a strawberry daiquiri or 2 and take them on the beach while I read and sunbathing.  Also nice to sit in their pool /hot tub with cocktails.  My parents have been friends with the owner, wooley, so they know all of us and dont mind us using their resort when were at our house.

Some Nights we either walk or ride our bikes to 13th st for hudson house.  Have been known to stay too long and leave our bikes there and uber home.

Always fun!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Seems like a win-win-win situation. Time with family, beautiful spot, escape the heat. Enjoy!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yesterday was NOT a routine day, it was a very good day.  Micheline is an ovarian cancer survivor who has been in remission for 3 years. She has checkups and gets blood tests done every 6 months.  The couple of days before blood test day are stressful for her, with the lingering fear that the bloodwork will show that the cancer is back.  Once again though, everything came back completely clean.  We're good for another 6 months!  After 5 years, she goes to annual checks instead of 6 months.  We have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor for more than 10 years.  She said that annual check fear diminishes but never goes away.  I'm sure that some of you can relate.

There was an extra bit of tension this time.  All test results (for any medical tests) are posted online as soon as they are available.  This is great because it reduces the amount of time that you need to wait to get the results (although also means that you will probably see the results before your doctor).  For ovarian cancer, the key blood test is called a CA-125 test.  A few hours after getting blood drawn, she'll get a text message that her results are ready and she'll log in to see the results.  When she logged in this time, they had posted basic metabolic panel test results, but no CA-125 results.  Someone had ordered the wrong test.  They quickly corrected this when she saw her oncologist yesterday, but it meant another day of waiting.  😡 

I started a tradition a couple of years ago where I have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge.  When we get the positive results, we pop the champagne.  🥂

Congrats on the good news!

Yesterday was quite eventful while I was on the beach there was a report of a possible paraglider or guy with jet pack drown.  Search and rescue by township, lifeguards, coast guard, local police and state police spent about 3 hrs searching and found nothing.  The rumor now is it was a false alarm.

Our Son blew out a tire on rt 206 on his way here and didnt get here till 630 so we didnt get to do our blue claw crab feast yet as the blue claw store sold out.  Expect a new shipment today, so hopefully tonight we will be eating those delicious steamed crabs.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I understand the anxiety from other family members going thru this.  

Congratulations!!   That is great news and nice way to celebrate.  Best wishes for many more bottles of champagne in celebration.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So far so good.  Besides going to a neat little place for dinner call the The Trading Post.  All I have done so far is sit in my chair outside and watched the fun.  I've messed my knee up  again kind of badly and have been limping around for two weeks.  Tomorrow I'm going to try and ride my bike a bit while the rest Kayak.  We'll see how it goes.  

Relax and take it easy on the knee you will need that in good condition for your alaska cruise😀

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

.........................................................  We have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor for more than 10 years.  She said that annual check fear diminishes but never goes away.  

Wow how stressful for you and your wife having to wait a day more.

My brother in 1981 was diagnosed with Metastatic Testicular Cancer.

Surgery and scans  for him show positive nodes all the way up the Aorta.

It was a rough road when he went through his treatment phases and he did everything the Oncologist said to do in addition to the therapy.

He too went for follow-up every 6 months.  

Years went by he was advanced to yearly regimen and then after 15 years was released from the oncology doctor.

He was one of the fortunate ones that even though he had metastatic disease, he remained cancer free for over 25 years.

It was always on the back of his mind  "What if....."

But he lived life and spoke to other young men facing this cancer.

But, for him, his luck ran out when he suffered a major heart attack, and did not survive.

But my point is Cancer was not the cause. 

Cancer therapy has advanced through many hurdles, and treatments have advanced quality of life for many.  

I am sending positive vibes your wife's way today, thanking the powers that be for a great report and many more great years to enjoy.

Take care. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Well dang...here I was thinking you were in LBI...so much for my butting in late.  Glad you enjoyed your dinner!

Thanks...it was delicious!  😄 

LOL...we are pretty much in a very remote and unpopulated area up here.  It's a mile just to the county road down this single lane gravel road.  Then at least 45 minutes to any kind of small grocery.  Over an hour to "Wally World" in Ellsworth outside of Bar Harbor area.  That is the every two week stock up.  😉 

• Like 2