Captain's Club points for cancelled cruises?

Life Buoy

Regent and Silversea are giving points in their recognition program for cancelled cruises as well as the cruises that are taken using the FCC. This would be a good way for Celebrity to "ease the pain" of cancelled cruises and perhaps reward loyalty. Saw this topic on the Crystal board.

Edited by Life Buoy
  • Like 1

There might be a cost to Celebrity, especially if people would move to a higher level, but in the long run might be worth it. This action might actually encourage those who took a refund to book a future cruise. Goodwill can go a long way to build and sustain brand loyalty.

My Celebrity Asia cruise that was cancelled by Celebrity back in February is showing in my cruise history as if this was a cruise that was taken.  If Celebrity is going to include cancelled cruises in our cruise history, they should give us the Captain's Club points we would have earned once the cruise was completed.

• Like 1

I have 4 cruises showing on my recent cruise history all that I never took, we weren't even booked on them.  But no points.

My 1 cancelled cruise isn't showing.  

If I get credit for the 3 cruises that will probably get cancelled in the next round and get credit again when I use the FCCs I'll get to Zenith by the end of 2021.  I like that plan 🙂

14 minutes ago, kebrown said:

My Celebrity Asia cruise that was cancelled by Celebrity back in February is showing in my cruise history as if this was a cruise that was taken.  If Celebrity is going to include cancelled cruises in our cruise history, they should give us the Captain's Club points we would have earned once the cruise was completed.

Yes, it would be a very nice " Goodwill Gesture " . 

I just checked my Captain's Club points . It shows as a " Past Cruise " , however, it does not show " Points Earned " , only the reservation number.

For what it is worth, when I had to cancel a cruise at the last minute 6 yeas ago I only got the taxes and fees refunded and zero Captains Club points.   I would not hold out much hope  for earning points on canceled cruises now.  It would be a nice thing but I don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Mr. Click said:

For what it is worth, when I had to cancel a cruise at the last minute 6 yeas ago I only got the taxes and fees refunded and zero Captains Club points.   I would not hold out much hope  for earning points on canceled cruises now.  It would be a nice thing but I don't see it happening.

It's a different time and circumstances. 

At first I though maybe if you chose FCC over refund they might do it because you are leaving your money in place but the I think about it the more I think no because then they would be doubling your points.  I just don't see it. I think their feeling is going to be "we offered you a 25% bonus and that is enough" .  

Yes Lifebouy, these are different times and different circumstances but I just don't see it.   Time will tell.

Silversea is a subsidiary of RCCL, just as X is.

It would be nice if they allowed X to follow suit in awarding points to cruises paid in full that they canceled. The”cost” to X would actually be negligible, while  rewarding customer loyalty is priceless.

Edited by C-Dragons

There have been threads in the past about passengers who, for a variety of reason, have missed embarkation and their entire cruise. In spite of having paid in full, they were told that they weren't entitled to points, that the points were awarded for nights sailed, not for nights paid for. Given that policy, I don't see how Celebrity can turn around now and award point to passengers whose bookings have been refunded in full or at 125% FCC. But if they are going to do so, what about the passengers who cancelled in early March, when it was patently obvious that their cruises would never sail but Celebrity had not as yet published its suspension policy? If Celebrity is going to award points for cruises it has cancelled, shouldn't they include passengers who reacted to the threat of COVID-19 just a little bit more quickly? They have already lost out on full refunds or 125% FCC, so are they going to be short changed again?

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

My cancelled Edge cruise for 3/15 is still showing as a cruise completed, but the points have disappeared.  EM

They must have had a Glitch on cruises cancelled the night before the cruise.   I also received points for our Equinox 3/14 cruise but not for the 3/21 or 3/28.   They disappeared this weekend which might mean they are working on our Credit Card Credit for the Taxes, Port Charges, Pre-paid gratuities and Move-Up bid.

Edited by Jim_Iain

It would certainly be a nice gesture for Celebrity to award Captains Club points for the cruises they cancelled.  Wouldn't mean anything to me as I am Elite Plus and will never get to Zenith in my lifetime but it may help others.  I am so very, very frustrated with Celebrity right now with their inability to provide refunds in a reasonable manner, their continued movement of the goal post for those refunds, their prioritization for refunding deposit payments rather than those of us with thousands of dollars due, and their seeming lack of any logic to their refund prioritization based on posts on these boards.   I have sailed with them on almost 60 cruises but I am just not sure I want to support this madness going forward if they continue treating us this way.  I know times are tough, but there is patience and then there is ridiculous.  This has turned into the latter.😒

• Like 1

I can't imagine they would do this.  Considering that even those who paid for a cruise, and didn't go; thus paying in full, but not boarded.  This even goes so far as one passenger in the room misses the trip but the other doesn't. 

As much as it's nice to wish for those points, in this situation your fare is refunded or credited, and the sailing didn't happen.

Harris

Denver, CO

The past cruises list looks pretty messed up.  Never reserved these sailings, reservation numbers don't match any of my reservations.  Oh and I would have had to be on both sailings at the same time as the dates overlap.

image.png.5a6e84eb8844203e6ee46666b686fd5d.png

If X is refiunding the money or giving 125 % towards another cruise I don’t see any reason for it.   The crusie was never taken and you now have the opportunity to take another with the added bonus of 25%.   Come on.  Let’s get realistic.  The cruise industry is hurting and in financial problems.   Why try to blood out of a stone?

How about a little give and take.   What if you got the points if you gave up the extra 25% and than received the amount that you paid towards a future cruise that was non refundable in the same class in a new future booking.    Would you do it? 

As a side note my wife and I don’t  need to but we support our local restaurants, places that we patronize frequently and know the owners,  with take out.   We tell them that we are using our stimulus money to help them stay in business.  They in turn tell us how they appreciate it and are really struggling.  

Every business is struggling 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

In the past, we received " extra points" as part of a  Cap Club early booking promo.  We were skeptical when we booked but the extra pts appeared along with the reg ones after the cruise was completed.

Maybe something along those lines would help stimulate bookings, even if a small offering.  For some a  few points can make a difference.  We are in that E+, never getting to Zenith category.. but if they ever add a new tier, it could be helpful.

For me personally I really don't see that extra CC points would change my strategy for resuming cruising.  I will go when it is safe again regardless of whether I qualify for a better WiFi package or extra bag of laundry.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 2

While some may think it would be a nice gesture, it wouldn't be long before many were complaining about the number of elite pax, a la the pax on Royal who complain about crowds in the Diamond lounge.   An artificial jump in the number of elite and higher pax would very possibly mean X would ultimately dilute the perks, thus offsetting the benefit of getting more points. 

2 minutes ago, verizon said:

The best way to rebuilt the trust of previous customers is to give extra points for those who sail right after they start sailing. 

That sounds more like danger pay being offered to those willing to take the risk.