Princess Gift Shops should go online!

cruisequeen4ever

I for one would be thrilled to order Princess merch online right now! I know they have a small shop website, but wouldn’t it behoove them and us to put ALL of their onboard shop merch for sale on line during this time?? I’d go crazy buying up stuff! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I for one would be thrilled to order Princess merch online right now! I know they have a small shop website, but wouldn’t it behoove them and us to put ALL of their onboard shop merch for sale on line during this time?? I’d go crazy buying up stuff! 

A good idea and provide discounts on the purchase of items based upon one's Captain's Circle status.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Rather than discounts for past guests I'd rather see them do this and have all proceeds go to a relief fund for crew members

Not me, I want my refund. Princess needs to take care of their paying customers or there will be no customers.  A relief fund for those of us in need would be more appropriate. Charity begins at home 

• Like 2

Great idea! Anything to help get them up and running when it’s safe to cruise again. For those waiting for your refund...I hope it comes soon. I have a refunded deposit waiting for me to book my next cruise 🙂 can’t wait! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not me, I want my refund. Princess needs to take care of their paying customers or there will be no customers.  A relief fund for those of us in need would be more appropriate. Charity begins at home 

Spot on. Any spare staff that can work in the on line Gift Shop can be diverted to the refund department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrysko2000 said:

Great idea! Anything to help get them up and running when it’s safe to cruise again. For those waiting for your refund...I hope it comes soon. I have a refunded deposit waiting for me to book my next cruise 🙂 can’t wait! 

Considering how they have treated their customers who have waited way too long for their refunds, why would anyone want to enrich their coffers more by buying stuff from an on line WEB store.    Maybe they should donate the interest that is accruing from the funds that they are holding and not refunding either to the crew who are being held hostage on the ships or to to a Covid relief fund.  After all, they are holding millions of dollars of refund money that should have refunded long ago.  

DON

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Are you joking?
Thrilled?

Im not sure why anyone would want to buy Princess merch when not on a cruise anyway....I mean, its one thing buying that souvenir T-Shirt....or being suckered into buying a pretty brooch.......

But to buy stuff online from a cruise company who are refusing to refund any of its customers????????

You have to be kidding!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are the gift shops, spa services etc independent of the cruiseline?

i can already order some of their merchandise through my Personalizer, but I will no longer tie my money up pre cruise. 

• Like 1

I understand that some of you are very mad about waiting for your refund. I too am waiting for refunds, but for me, that has nothing to do with my love of cruising and my favorite cruise line, Princess. Princess merch puts a smile on my face as it takes me back to my favorite activity in the world, cruising! Them selling existing merch that’s just sitting on ships collecting dust would generate money that would further help the cause of refunding our money. 

Edited by cruisequeen4ever
  • Like 4

I have long thought that Princess ought to take some of the shop goods and all of the onboard outlet sale stuff ...

Donate it to charity ...

And take the tax write-off ...

Oh, wait, they don't pay taxes.  

13 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I understand that some of you are very mad about waiting for your refund. I too am waiting for refunds, but for me, that has nothing to do with my love of cruising and my favorite cruise line, Princess. Princess merch puts a smile on my face as it takes me back to my favorite activity in the world, cruising! Them selling existing merch that’s just sitting on ships collecting dust would generate money that would further help the cause of refunding our money. 

Yes, collecting dust in the bowels os ships mostly on the other side of the world repatriating crew ... maybe theu can work in the shipping dept tk pick up pocket change before debarking

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Yes, collecting dust in the bowels os ships mostly on the other side of the world repatriating crew ... maybe theu can work in the shipping dept tk pick up pocket change before debarking

You’re right; it would also give crew a chance to earn some money before disembarking! 

Princess shops are duty and sales tax free. I believe any items purchased online would have to be picked up onboard. It would be quite an expense to handle all the different state taxes if sold online and shipped to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, denmarks said:

Princess shops are duty and sales tax free. I believe any items purchased online would have to be picked up onboard. It would be quite an expense to handle all the different state taxes if sold online and shipped to you.

Good point, but they’re able to sell

some of their merch like Stanley, ship mugs, etc. on their Shopify website. 

On 5/18/2020 at 3:23 AM, dog said:

Are the gift shops, spa services etc independent of the cruiseline?

i can already order some of their merchandise through my Personalizer, but I will no longer tie my money up pre cruise. 

I bet you can find loads of Princess merchandise on ebay!  Cheaper too!