Is it Just Me ???

Pinboy

I don't miss the art auction or the opportunity to join the "Park West Family"...  or the constant barrage of photographers 

That's about all I can come up with.  The rest of the stuff that I would typically be annoyed by...I'd welcome in a heartbeat if it meant we could cruise again.

Yesterday on my walk I began talking DH's ear off about our next cruise.  That's part of my SOP as a cruise approaches.  He pointed out that our next cruise is 2 years away...I'm getting a jump on things!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't miss the art auction or the opportunity to join the "Park West Family"...  or the constant barrage of photographers 

That's about all I can come up with.  The rest of the stuff that I would typically be annoyed by...I'd welcome in a heartbeat if it meant we could cruise again.

Yesterday on my walk I began talking DH's ear off about our next cruise.  That's part of my SOP as a cruise approaches.  He pointed out that our next cruise is 2 years away...I'm getting a jump on things!

Maybe Park West will hopefully go bankrupt since they probably make all their money on cruise ships.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Rude and self entitled scooter drivers. Parents that assume others think their little whining kids are cute. No matter the venue. 

My DW is one of the nicest and most polite people you would ever want to meet.  The past few years she has had to give in to a scooter or quit traveling.  

I agree that a few scooters users might be "entitled", but I would imagine they were entitled when they were mobile too.  They probably were chair hogs, line cutters and reserved seats in the theater despite being told not to.

It has been amazing to step back and watch from a distance my wife attempt to secure an elevator during busy times.  Without fail, people just cut in front of her time after time.  Entitled "able body" folks that just walk in front of her as if she was not there.  

Moving on to the buffet.  Unless a staff member assists, the polite scooter user hardly has a chance to get up to the counter.

I wish my DW could walk again.  This is goal she working on.  Life in a scooter simply sucks!

Edited by Sam.Seattle
  • Like 16

15 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

My DW is one of the nicest and most polite people you would ever want to meet.  The past few years she has had to give in to a scooter or quit traveling.  

I agree that a few scooters users might be "entitled", but I would imagine they were entitled when they were mobile too.  They probably were chair hogs, line cutters and reserved seats in the theater despite being told not to.

It has been amazing to step back and watch from a distance my wife attempt to secure an elevator during busy times.  Without fail, people just cut in front of her time after time.  Entitled "able body" folks that just walk in front of her as if she was not there.  

Moving on to the buffet.  Unless a staff member assists, the polite scooter user hardly has a chance to get up to the counter.

I wish my DW could walk again.  This is goal she working on.  Life in a scooter simply sucks!

I hope she achieves her goal, I can only imagine how frustrating and just tough it is at times when your mobility is not what it was.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I agree it goes both ways. One size doesn't fit all and I apologize for generalizing. I should have said from our experiences of some of the scooter people that were rude and self entitled.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Excellent point!  I hope she attains mobility again soon.  I am always appalled at some of the rudeness shown people on scooters at the elevators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On our very first cruise, in 1992, we met a few experienced cruisers that spent a significant amount of time, comparing the on-going cruise to their previous experiences... often in a very negative fashion.  In my opinion, their time spent in comparing cruises, unfortunately negatively impacted their enjoyment on our cruise.

Meanwhile, we were just blown away by the beautiful world of cruising... and wondering if we would become « grumpy » cruisers if we pursued the experience.

A few cruises later, we’re still in awe, despite changes in the cruise industry. 

Reading on these Boards, I am surprised and challenged to understand why people keep spending so much money and time.... for a list of experiences they are saying they won’t miss. 

Nothing is perfect. Cruising is not perfect either. However, cruising has offered us some of the most magical vacation moment and experiences, while discovering new people and new worlds.

If and when the cruise industry start again, the only thing I will not miss, is having had to cancel too many cruises due to Covid. 

I really hope and look forward to the privilege of boarding a cruise ship again!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Wouldn't that be wonderful?  From your lips to God's ears!

What do you have against Park West?

Did they rip you off?

Over the years I have received  a whole bunch of free prints from them. No idea what I ever did with them!

Thanks to Park West, you can get free bubbly,  Lots of mail at your cabin in case you need recognition! Oh, look, we got mail!

Kidding aside, the best thing about Park West is they have an intro video of the history of art, which is worth watching.

They don't bother me. I can never guess the price of their contest article. ( Neither can I guess the weight of the Tanzanite in the jewellery boutique.

Stay healthy!

6 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Heavens no, I would never buy anything from those folks.  They just take up an awful lot of space.

And they’re dynamic too.... chasing me out of lounges, bars and other locations I’d like to use for their advertised purposes; not as an art bazaar. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

I don't miss the flights home, unpacking, laundry and putting away of things I won't use until the next cruise. I don't miss afternoon sea days.  

That is also totally my post cruise grudge...unpacking, laundry, putting things away and missing the room steward cleaning my bathroom twice a day. I get so spoiled on a cruise. 

• Like 1

Corrected on the S Class adjoining  rooms with double doors but on M Class the single door between adjoining rooms leaves nothing to the imagination.  We have heard it all at night and my wife still blushes.  Somethings should be private.  The S Class ships have solved this anomaly

7 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

I don't miss the flights home, unpacking, laundry and putting away of things I won't use until the next cruise.

I'm going through that right now, but unpacking the motorhome instead... and no one came to make my bed or clean, and we had to cook our own food!

We have more unpacking than usual this time, as we are trading in our 20 year-old rig for a beautiful new one we bought on our way home and will pick up in a few weeks. We will be land-cruising for a while as we wait for ocean cruising to return. RVing is a fantastic way to be socially distant while still getting to travel. 

I sure do miss having a steward, though, and cooks, a waitstaff, bartenders...

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I wish the best for you and your wife.  I hope you and your wife travel as much as you wish.  Good health and Good Luck

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

I really miss the photographers in your face when you’re trying to eat dinner!

This made me laugh as it reminded me of something my kids used to do at the table when one was annoying the other.  They offended one would fill his mouth with food and then open it wide!  So disgusting.  Bet the photographers would never come back to bother you.  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

This made me laugh as it reminded me of something my kids used to do at the table when one was annoying the other.  They offended one would fill his mouth with food and then open it wide!  So disgusting.  Bet the photographers would never come back to bother you.  

Or you can politely say “no thank you,” it always works for us.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Oville said:

Or you can politely say “no thank you,” it always works for us.

Sorry if the above offended you.  It was intended to be just a laugh.  Of course we all politely say "no thank you" and they leave immediately.