A definitely not serious question

babs135

One of the most comfortable golf shirts I have EVER found was a blue HAL shirt.   Bought 3 of them on sale for $5.00 each a couple years ago.   And yes I did wear them on our last NCL cruise.....    Also have worn Star Clipper shirt on HAL.  (But that's like comparing apples to oranges and no one ever noticed)   

Husband has worn a bum bag with an NCL logo on almost every cruise, none of which were NCL; his swimming bag has the logo of a P&O ship; but again is used on different lines, the last being on Fred Olsen.

I think the funniest thing I saw regarding this.... was a very high end resort in Australia and this man was wearing a baseball cap from the place's direct competition ( equal in the market ) 

( i thought it was in bad taste on this level )

I my self do not where/buy clothing with holiday company logos.......

( as almost everything you buy has a logo on it ) 

Cheers Don

6 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I’d be reluctant to wear an NCL shirt - anywhere.  Not for what it said about my attitude about where I was - but for what just owning it would say about me.

What does just owning it say about someone??? The logo is so small at the bottom and not really noticeable.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,why not ?

I own 72 tee shirts.Several that I bought on cruise ships.Besides so many cruise lines own other cruise lines.

Same here.  I go through T-shirts like crazy.  If I see them on sale, I buy them.  Most of them have logos.  As long as they don't display 4 letter words or something rude, I'm good wearing them. 

Edited by ldubs

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I’d be reluctant to wear an NCL shirt - anywhere.  Not for what it said about my attitude about where I was - but for what just owning it would say about me.

The t-shirt, to me, represents a memory and NCL has given my family and I some good ones. What they've changed into doesn't impact that at all. That and most people around here don't know the difference between NCL and Oceania...and don't care. And if someone wants to adversely judge me by anything that I wear that's their business and affects me not in the least.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, babs135 said:

Whilst on a cruise would you wear a t-shirt bearing the logo of a rival company?  🤣🤣

As an aside.  My DW and her Sister each own original Pan Am Stewardess cabin bags, being valued as they hold everything for flying from handbags to Pashminas.  

The bags are great conversation starters with airline staff and flyers.

And yes, they can do the bent arm carry strut, as seen on TV for fun.😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

The t-shirt, to me, represents a memory and NCL has given my family and I some good ones. What they've changed into doesn't impact that at all. That and most people around here don't know the difference between NCL and Oceania...and don't care. And if someone wants to adversely judge me by anything that I wear that's their business and affects me not in the least.

Thanks for your response.  I agree with you - it's a memory of the cruise I went on.  I probably only worn it on 2 other cruises.  The logo is so small you would have to actually be looking for it.  I don't see the difference between NCL or Oceania or any other cruise lines.  

18 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I think the funniest thing I saw regarding this.... was a very high end resort in Australia and this man was wearing a baseball cap from the place's direct competition ( equal in the market ) 

( i thought it was in bad taste on this level )

I my self do not where/buy clothing with holiday company logos.......

( as almost everything you buy has a logo on it)

Cheers Don

Similar situation, I was on a Princess cruise, an older gentleman boarding just ahead of me was wearing a Royal Caribbean hat. He pointed at his hat and muttered "Much better cruise line!" His wife said they haven't even sailed one day on Princess yet, to which he replied "I just know." Saw him several times that week, he looked miserable.

1 hour ago, dolittle said:

I am staying out of this one but hey guys try some golf shirts.

Some people call them polo shirts.  Anyway, I have a vast supply of golf shirts for those fancy occasions when a T-shirt won't cut it.   Mrs Ldubs always chides me for buying multiples of the same color.  Says our vacay pic's look like I'm wearing the same shirt every day.  I don't really care but she makes me mix them up now when we pack.       

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Some people call them polo shirts.  Anyway, I have a vast supply of golf shirts for those fancy occasions when a T-shirt won't cut it.   Mrs Ldubs always chides me for buying multiples of the same color.  Says our vacay pic's look like I'm wearing the same shirt every day.  I don't really care but she makes me mix them up now when we pack.       

We call them knit shirts.Mrs.66 buys me multiples of blue.Not the same exact ***** because the are from different manufacturers .However,they all look alike.

I wear these on cruises at night.I have 54 in my closet.I also have tee shirts that Mrs.66 tells me not to wear them if she is with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We call them knit shirts.Mrs.66 buys me multiples of blue.Not the same exact ***** because the are from different manufacturers .However,they all look alike.

I wear these on cruises at night.I have 54 in my closet.I also have tee shirts that Mrs.66 tells me not to wear them if she is with me.

54!  I might have 30 and I thought that was a lot.  But you are right.  They do all look alike.  

I've worn my SF Giants t-shirt onboard.  But, most of my t-shirts have place names on them.  My favorite says Halifax on it.  I figure they're appropriate anywhere. 

Once I carried my "Celebrity" bag onto a Princess ship.  A crew member joked about it.  Something to the effect "Madam, I'm not sure we should allow you on board with that bag."  He laughed when I said it may be a Celebrity bag but I'm sailing Princess.

I loved that bag and have since bought the same bag with the Princess logo.  Carry it everywhere.  

I have and would again. I’ve found that most, not all, that I’ve met on cruises just love cruising in general and may have a favorite but aren’t 100% loyal to any one line. And of the rest, no one has ever said they took offense to my rival company shirt. Although, I have had it inspire them to ask questions about the other line out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, GlamorousGirl said:

And of the rest, no one has ever said they took offense to my rival company shirt. 

If you and I met on a HAL cruise, and you were wearing an MSC t-shirt, ,,,, #1 it wouldn't "offend" me. #2 if I thought it was lacking a little class, I would never tell you. #3 If I were scheduled to have dinner with the ships Captain at his/her table on formal night, I wouldn't have to wait for someone to tell that my flip flops, daisy dukes, and crop top wasn't the appropriate thing to wear that evening. I would just know it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 5:25 AM, babs135 said:

Whilst on a cruise would you wear a t-shirt bearing the logo of a rival company?  🤣🤣

Well, define "rival".  I suppose every cruise line is a rival for every other cruise line passenger's dollar.  But we all know many cruise lines are owned by a relatively few corporations.

My one story is this.  One of my favorite T-shirts is a Key West shirt, which has a small logo of Cruise Line "C" on the bottom.  I wore it on my cruise on Cruise Line "H", which happened to be going to Key West.  "H" and "C" are owned by the same corporation.  I thought it was kind of cute.  I'm not sure if I would wear it if I went back to KW on, say, Cruise Line "R" (which is owned by a different corporation).

7 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Well, define "rival".  I suppose every cruise line is a rival for every other cruise line passenger's dollar.  But we all know many cruise lines are owned by a relatively few corporations.

My one story is this.  One of my favorite T-shirts is a Key West shirt, which has a small logo of Cruise Line "C" on the bottom.  I wore it on my cruise on Cruise Line "H", which happened to be going to Key West.  "H" and "C" are owned by the same corporation.  I thought it was kind of cute.  I'm not sure if I would wear it if I went back to KW on, say, Cruise Line "R" (which is owned by a different corporation).

You can say Carnival and Holland America on CC. 😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, marco said:

Yep...it's a good way to engage in conversation with someone who might ask, "so....you've been on "X"...in your opinion, how does it compare to this?"

Slightly off topic

This reminds me of a conversation when queuing in a Gibralter shop, between a young couple (1) and another older couple (2)

1. Is this your first time in Gibralter 

2. No, been many times - And you

1. This is our first time and our first cruise - Are you on a cruise

2. Yes

1. What ship are you on

2. Queen Victoria - And your ship

1. Thompson Deam

2. I suppose you have to start somewhere

• Haha 2