If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

In my case, I had to provide my health insurance information.  The vaccination site is run by CIC Health.  While the vaccine is free, administration of it is paid by insurance.  So there have to be records of my vaccination in several databases in addition to the card I have.

Your state health department probably keeps a record of vaccination. I went to the CDC IIS page and found the link to Maryland's records. They have links to other states. When I went to the Maryland website link there was a link to imunization records. I registered for those and found a lovely Certificate of Covid 19 vaccinaion certified by the Maryland Department of Health with my name on it. I printed it out and the printed certificate is watermarked with the state seal! I don't know about other states but here we can obtain  a really nice record. I think it is much better than the CDC card. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

In my case, I had to provide my health insurance information.  The vaccination site is run by CIC Health.  While the vaccine is free, administration of it is paid by insurance.  So there have to be records of my vaccination in several databases in addition to the card I have.

I also went to a CIC Health run location (Gillette) and received an email with a link to download my medical record after I got my first shot.  Unfortunately, that link took me to the site to make an appointment.  I get my second shot on Tuesday and hope the link I get after that shot actually works.  As far as CIC and health insurance information, I entered my insurance information for the first shot, but when I was told to make my second appointment as I was waiting my 15 minutes, they were telling people not to enter insurance information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Not all of Florida is warm year round either.  We have had some cold weather so eating outside is not something we want to do. 

But isn't what constitutes cold weather a matter of perspective.  For many Floridians, 59 is cold.  For parts of the country, 59 allows some to break out the shorts in March.🩳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some restaurants have limited outdoor seating, more so on the beach or river, but most really don’t.  I can’t remember when the last time we ate outdoors. Florida has a milder climate but its sub tropical and rains can be the norm. Can’t use outdoor seating in the rain and can’t use it to point to for our current situation.  Our numbers are better than or equal to most lockdown States.

Just think, Florida is going to be smarter too as our kids have been back in school all year. 😇

M8

Rains can be the norm?  not this time of year.  Seldom rains between Jan and June,  I haven't seen rain in southwest florida in weeks.  We always eat or drinks at outdoor restaurants/bars on Fridays, haven't been rained out since the end of October

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

But isn't what constitutes cold weather a matter of perspective.  For many Floridians, 59 is cold.  For parts of the country, 59 allows some to break out the shorts in March.🩳

Very easy to spot the tourists in Florida in December.  We are the ones without coats.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, M&A said:

Rains can be the norm?  not this time of year.  Seldom rains between Jan and June,  I haven't seen rain in southwest florida in weeks.  We always eat or drinks at outdoor restaurants/bars on Fridays, haven't been rained out since the end of October

Not sure where you live in Florida but it’s been raining and cool the last two days. It also rained all day the first Saturday during Bikeweek. It rains nearly every afternoon come May to September. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, can't ever see Vaccine required here for Concert, Amusement Parks, etc. On news 98% AMC Movie Theaters are open this weekend, even NY is opening Restaurants and other Venues now. A Mandate is hard sell in US, shoot only 52% Medical Field have even received it, about 1/3 said they don't ever plan on getting it. Cruises, do not see Vaccine required for too long on Royal, Children will be board w/o Vaccine as they start so no 100% anyway. Did get my first shot, around people need keep safe and now bases covered want to Cruise soon. Though interesting as my Vaccine Card all personal info Blank, no name with just Vaccince info/date. Guess I'll fill in in before my second shot in 2wks... Funny should mention Blue Oyster Cult, was just listening to them thinking back 40+ years ago went to Black and Blue Concert, Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult

Reality.  Soft White Underbelly concerts rule!  Deep Purple brought back memories. Saw Michael Schenker with DP road crew at small venue a few years ago and shook his hand after show.  Imagine that is a thing of the past.  They played all the best DP, Scorpions and other sets.  Will really be glad to return to shows.  Can't legislate common sense on reopening, but also the data is highly manipulated.  Florida is such a special case as they dont count snow birds as a state case, nor the many tourists who bring it home.  Still glad to see rates dropping and some return to normal life, even if premature (or not).  Disease is always a hard thing to predict as they mutate, etc.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I'm in central Florida and restaurants around here cater to outside dining. Most every restaurant has seating outside. They have those gas heaters for when it gets a bit nippy and they work great.

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That is so true.  Even 69 can be cool for me if the wind is blowing and it is overcast.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, CaroleSS said:

What you should see is an opportunity for your body to protect itself. 😎

In other countries they eat things we would never consider eating.....they see bugs (worms, grubs, scorpions) as an additional source of protein. Once (note the word ONCE) we ate fried crickets!

Apparently cricket flour and powder is a thing. 🦗

On 3/19/2021 at 3:41 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

P&O, owned by Carnival has already mandated vaccines. 

I was asking what State do you live in?

He said it wasn’t Texas or Florida so I think that was his way of answering your question.

Over 50% of adults in the UK have has their first jabs now. Hopefully we will get our second in May. A little concerned that govts around the world are talking about refusing various drug companies to forfill their contracts in exporting drugs. Though we have some homemade capacity in the UK, a lot of components of the vials, needle and drugs are from around the world. This will definately slow down the vaccine programme and may delay the opening up of society this Spring. 

Specifically for this thread, it may decrease the number of people fully vaccinated and able to cruise if this is a requirement 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, BND said:

Has anyone seen or heard about this WSJ op ed?  I heard it discussed on a couple of radio and tv  news programs, but mainstream media has ignored it completely.  This guy has a very good track record about where this virus has been going over the last months.   BTW, we're still getting the vaccine.  In fact my DH is getting his first shot on Thurs and I'll be scheduling mine soon, just waiting for the Dept of Health to email me.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?fbclid=IwAR39Qi6s2Q7ySuF30Je6Xl0MxYs74vK4Til5C2Tjh089lEYtpz2u5LLhtuc

Thanks for posting.  Here’s a recent article on the same topic.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/25/marty-makary-cdc-natural-immunity/

Time will tell if he’s right or not.  Makes sense IMO. 

17 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Interestingly it was a doctor specializing in immune diseases discovered that none of his lupus patients got Covid and the common denominator was hydroxychloroquin.

This is fake news.  Literally watching expert on TV taking about internet myths being perpetuated, including quack covid cures, proven wrong, and myth that getting covid provides protection equal to being vaccinated.  Research is suggesting second cases of Covid19 can be more severe than the original and that natural immunity, while offering some protection, has much worse outcomes than those who are vaccinated.  But it is your life and health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

This is fake news.  Literally watching expert on TV taking about internet myths being perpetuated, including quack covid cures, proven wrong, and myth that getting covid provides protection equal to being vaccinated.  Research is suggesting second cases of Covid19 can be more severe than the original and that natural immunity, while offering some protection, has much worse outcomes than those who are vaccinated.  But it is your life and health.

“Experts on TV” 

• Like 3

On 3/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, Fido Chuckwagon said:

Anyone claiming the can’t get the vaccine because of health conditions at this point is almost certainly lying, or their doctor is dumb.  My MIL who has lupus, cancer, is living on a transplanted kidney, and takes a daily regimen of tons of immunosuppressants because of the transplant and the lupus got one.  If she, with all of those disorders, including the immune system issues, gets one, then everyone can get one.  The only real issue is whether or not a vaccine is effective and works in a person like her, not whether it is safe to take it.

That certainly sounds dire. But are any of those symptoms contraindicated for vaccination? I am thinking along the lines of people that got blood clots after receiving the vaccine. If you are prone to blood clots, I would think you certainly wouldn't want to have a vaccine that can cause them?

• Like 6

8 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

“Experts on TV” 

Scientist who is leader in forensic investigation of disease, called by staff 'disease detective.'  She has spent her live in the specific area of travelling the world and investigating disease root causes as well as using data to understand how they spread, what is effective prevention etc.  So someone with a lifetime in the specific field, PhDs, working and acknowledged as the expert is not to be trusted.  Instead look to Q.

What is your source again that hydroxychloroquin is an effective tool on Covid19 treatment or prevention?  I found it interesting that as I read your post, a person was saying how that was one of the false rumors about the disease being spread, but of course you are a better expert than someone who spent a lifetime in the field because you question things.

She also specifically mentioned the 'myth' that is you have had covid, you are immune.  She cited many known cases where a second infection was much more severe than the first.  Now I didnt peer review her data, but she seemed more credible than your post.

Edited by Pizzasteve

12 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Scientist who is leader in forensic investigation of disease, called by staff 'disease detective.'  She has spent her live in the specific area of travelling the world and investigating disease root causes as well as using data to understand how they spread, what is effective prevention etc.  So someone with a lifetime in the specific field, PhDs, working and acknowledged as the expert is not to be trusted.  Instead look to Q.

What is your source again that hydroxychloroquin is an effective tool on Covid19 treatment or prevention?  I found it interesting that as I read your post, a person was saying how that was one of the false rumors about the disease being spread, but of course you are a better expert than someone who spent a lifetime in the field because you question things.

She also specifically mentioned the 'myth' that is you have had covid, you are immune.  She cited many known cases where a second infection was much more severe than the first.  Now I didnt peer review her data, but she seemed more credible than your post.

Experts

F203889B-A1DB-433C-BD00-A025CDA8C5C6.thumb.jpeg.db7cc837496f19682c58395f78920615.jpeg

• Like 5

Well we are not vaccinated nor will we get vaccinated and if cruises are allowing those in the unvaccinated community I say great!  I don’t understand people who are vaccinated why they are so upset?  Your safe right, your vaccinated.  I don’t mind being tested during my cruise.  But I’ve been out and about and everything is fine.  Except for the mask 😷 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, James4me said:

Well we are not vaccinated nor will we get vaccinated and if cruises are allowing those in the unvaccinated community I say great!  I don’t understand people who are vaccinated why they are so upset?  Your safe right, your vaccinated.  I don’t mind being tested during my cruise.  But I’ve been out and about and everything is fine.  Except for the mask 😷 

There are 117 pages to this thread. If you still don't understand the concerns of the vaccinated with having unvaccinated folks mixed in then I suspect you will never get it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Pizzasteve said:

Lets explain one more time.

Well said. This whole thing, as I've said many times, has been politicized to the point where some (more like too many IMHO) people's decision as to vaccine or not is based on some of those political persuasions. Non-vaccine can likely also = non-mask but surely not necessarily. My choir director at church, with whom I work closely being the organist, told me the other week that the vaccine "isn't real anyway" and so has no intention of getting it.  Enough said - at least implied - I suppose. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1