If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The WalMarts here still have some one counting on a laptop. No idea what they are counting

Here Walmart is counting but at only one of the two open entrances. I assume they are multiplying that count by two.

• Haha 1

We haven't tried Walmart or Home Depot since March. Too many local outbreaks. We did do a single quick run in to a Costco Business Center store. They are much smaller than regular Costco's, but carry many of the same items including coffee, meat and produce. 

Edited by Coralc

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We haven't tried Walmart or Home Depot since March. Too many local outbreaks. We did do a single quick run in to a Costco Business Center store. They are much smaller than regular Costco's, but carry many of the same items including coffee, meat and produce. 

Yes, I can’t imagine how awful it has been in CA.  I have gone to work everyday.  As has my DW.  We wear masks, which are pretty much useless because Covid is way smaller than the weave of the material.  However, we stay away from groups, we don’t go to church.  We eat out only as a couple but mostly take out.  And Knock on wood, neither of us has gotten sick.  Masks and hand washing are not really stopping this disease, but being social isolates does.  If you have no close contact with others you can avoid this disease if you are lucky.  That said, that sucks.

The problem is as humans we desire human contact, and we want to talk to others.  

Way back last winter, I was standing in the yard while my dog was doing his biz... it was cold and it was a crisp cold night.  I have 3 in ground lights that light my flagpole, and as I was watching the dog do his biz and encouraging him to finish said biz... I could see tiny droplets lit by the lights floating with every word I spoke.  It was at that moment I confirmed that I imagine that is exactly happens when I am in a room with others, as thousands of little sparkly light floated around me in my back yard.  This is an airborne disease.  If you spend a lot of time indiscriminately talking to people you all are sharing droplets.  I do believe that a mask is helpful for others not the wearer.  I think if we went around and never talked and if we went around but never when we are coughing or sneezing we would be pretty safe.  

That said, that is not the standard.

We, of course, go in public with our face diapers on and we act exactly like we did prior to Covid except now we believe we are bullet proof due to said face diaper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Here Walmart is counting but at only one of the two open entrances. I assume they are multiplying that count by two.

Our local Walmart used to make people go in one entrance and go out the other entrance on the opposite side of the store. They have now shut down one entrance completely. They are using one entrance only which is divided into an entrance and an exit. People are counted going in and going out. They also still have the green and red arrows on the aisles.

• Thanks 1

It is weird here jc. According to the news, both the a local Walmart and Target were unexpectedly shut down in the middle of the day for disinfection, 48 hours, because of covid. (and other stores) So there are people out shopping. We grocery shop at one store, once a week. 

Last week when we went to shop, the store was closed. The manager was out front explaining that the homeless people that live behind the store had started a fire, which had sucked smoke in to the air vents and flooded the store. They re-opened about 2 hours later. California is just weird. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Yes.I see that nobody who voted no posted why they said so.

I will post why I won't and please remember everyone is entitled to do what's best for them.  I don't believe there has been enough time to study the effects and the efficacy of this vaccine.  There was not a broad enough sampling done.  When a new car goes into production,  there are usually kinks to be worked out that the manufacturer can only find out about once mass production has started.   Then the car gets fine tuned, defects are corrected, etc.  I choose to wait until the test drive period has fine tuned this vaccine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

Hmm... I notice right away if my mask slips down and my nose is sticking out.  

That's the exact point at which I cringe, wondering how clean an individuals hands are as they 're-adjust' their mask yet again....

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Were you able to get an appointment at publix?  I saw that they were opening lots of appointments in Brevard. 

I have been in the queue since 6:15 still waiting  Our county opens up appts at 9 am but not sure if we will try for that or not.  Sad that people have to do this.  Page just refreshed and Charlotte County is full

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

Ugh- yesterday I found out something so disappointing... in my county, they don’t think they’ll get done with the first group (healthcare workers, 65+, teachers) until late June!  Due to where I work, I might (maybe) be in the group after that.  I am starting to lose hope that I’ll get the vaccine this year 😞

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Good luck. I will be doing similar on Friday for my mom in nh.  Appointments open at 8am so we will be trying early too. 

Thanks several more counties fully booked already.  Still openings in Brevard and Volusia

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

there has to be a better way to do this. I don't have much hope that she is going to get an appointment. They said they could be as much as six weeks out. 

An hour and 15 minutes later no luck fully booked.  Right now our county is getting 4300 doses per week and there are around 130,000 seniors.  At that rate it would take  over 20 weeks just to get 100,000 people vaccinated.

17 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Here's the antibody rapid test I took after my first shot. https://www.fda.gov/media/136625/download

Got my second dose this past Monday, will test again in a couple weeks. 

So you had a blood test. You didn't originally mention that. I had not heard of this particular test. I find it very odd that you had no antibody response after the first shot. Did your doctor run this test in his office?

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you had a blood test. You didn't originally mention that. I had not heard of this particular test. I find it very odd that you had no antibody response after the first shot. Did your doctor run this test in his office?

It was performed by a Student Physician doing a Covid study. I did have a faint line in the antibody section, but not enough to really stand out. The nurses that also took the test, had first dose same day as me, all had the antibody line. I'm pretty sure why they're calling for the second dose. Sorry, should have mentioned it was the blood test and not nasal swab. BTW, I'm a Biomed Tech that works throughout the Covid floors, OR's etc....

• Thanks 2

Just now, TYMAN said:

It was performed by a Student Physician doing a Covid study at the hospital. I did have a faint line in the antibody section, but not enough to really stand out. The nurses that also took the test, had first dose same day as me, all had the antibody line. I'm pretty sure why they're calling for the second dose. Sorry, should have mentioned it was the blood test and not nasal swab. BTW, I'm a Biomed Tech that works throughout the Covid floors, OR's etc....

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Florida is finally requiring proof of residency for the vaccine.  No more vaccine tourism

GOOD! It is terrible that some feel that they are more important than everyone else and THEY should jump to the front of the line.....just two examples:

Richard Parsons, former chairman and CEO of Time Warner and former chairman of Citigroup, said he left his home in New York to travel to Florida specifically because the Sunshine State made it so easy.

Those connected with New York developers Bill and David Mack were able to go to the health clinic at MorseLife to get their shots. News reports said the Macks told friends in New York to fly down to Palm Beach County and get their COVID shots at MorseLife.

Something to try if the online registration is set up the way our registration was at first and how I got my appointment.  You filled out a short form, picked a time and submitted your form.  I picked an early morning spot first and it kept refreshing.  I went back to the beginning and picked a late in the day spot and it took it right away giving me a confirmation number.  Now they have gone to a waitlist type system where you sign up and they get back with you with an appointment.  The problem with that is people sign up and then don't show for their appointment.  When I got my first shot they said there were 6 unused doses and they had some people who had come earlier in the day without appointments coming back to see if they could get an unused dose.  

• Thanks 1