If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

21 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My sister (retired RN) told me she read that we should not take ibuprofen after the shot, but Tylenol is okay.  I researched that and she had it wrong.  What I read is to not take either before the shot, as they can make the vaccine less effective by blunting the body’s immune response.  Afterwards is apparently okay.  I had my first shot this morning and have a sore arm plus both legs, pain in my elbow and wrist, headache, and fatigue.  I am going to forego the meds, just in case.  It might be worth googling this question prior to taking the OTC meds.

Interesting. My daughter is an NP, so I  will run it by her to see what she has heard or read. It’s been about 6 hrs now and not even a sore arm yet, although that could be different in the morning. It’s been about 5 hrs since I took the ibuprofen, and I won’t take anymore, since not having symptoms. I hope you feel better in the morning.

Edit: I just read up on it, and I definitely won’t be taking anything before 2nd dose. It makes sense.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My sister (retired RN) told me she read that we should not take ibuprofen after the shot, but Tylenol is okay.  I researched that and she had it wrong.  What I read is to not take either before the shot, as they can make the vaccine less effective by blunting the body’s immune response.  Afterwards is apparently okay.  I had my first shot this morning and have a sore arm plus both legs, pain in my elbow and wrist, headache, and fatigue.  I am going to forego the meds, just in case.  It might be worth googling this question prior to taking the OTC meds.

I dose #1 of Moderna last Thursday. Mild sore arm overnight and the next day. After that nothing. Didn't take any meds. 

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Well,I took the vaccine Jan.13 and still have a headache that I left the hospital with.Yesterday my blood pressure spiked to 210/100.While high blood pressure is not a side effect of the vaccine ,a very painful headache can cause the BP to raise. I went to a hospital ER and the doctor treating me did not take the vaccine,neither did the nurse.I am wondering if they know something we do not know.

Doubt it. Not sure anyone knows the answers. Maybe they recently had it and feel secure. Who knows. 

I have multiple family members who are medical and have had both doses and are fine. And my 84 and 87yo parents are anxiously awaiting to get it. As am I but it will be a while for me. 

I’m sorry your are having problems and hope they resolve.  

Edited by cindivan

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

From your other postings, you have mentioned you have several medical issues. Do you think this could have played a part in the reaction you had?

Thousands have gotten the vaccine with no side affects. I got my first dose today, and so far, so good. I also took a couple of ibuprofen when I got home. I plan to take it before my second dose, since that when I have read most people have side affects. But it’s a good sign, because it’s your immune system kicking in. I’m excited...today is a good day! 

Well,I have Parkinson’s and I am going to my Neurologist on Tuesday

My Oncologist urged me to get the vaccine so I do not believe it is related to what he is treating me for.I believe I can rule out my other ailments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Oncologist urged me to get the vaccine so I do not believe it is related to what he is treating me for.I believe I can rule out my other ailments.

Sorry to hear you have problems. I had a little bit of all the listed effects but they went away.

Hope your doctor helps. That would be tough.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend has Parkinson’s also, and she just got her first dose of Moderna today. So far she is good, but I will definitely report back if she has any side affects.

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Praying they find out the cause, to stop your pain.  

27 minutes ago, cindivan said:

Doubt it. Not sure anyone knows the answers. Maybe they recently had it and feel secure. Who knows. 

I have multiple family members who are medical and have had both doses and are fine. And my 84 and 87yo parents are anxiously awaiting to get it. As am I but it will be a while for me. 

I’m sorry your are having problems and hope they resolve.  

Thank you very much 

31 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Edit: I just read up on it, and I definitely won’t be taking anything before 2nd dose. It makes sense.

I read the same thing and there have been several articles about not taking anything prior. I guess, just let the vaccine do it's thing. :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I read the same thing and there have been several articles about not taking anything prior. I guess, just let the vaccine do it's thing. :classic_smile:

They asked if we had any blood thinners like aspirin or if we had taken any other vaccines in the last 2 weeks. Dont even take a flu shot if you might get it soon.

• Thanks 2

My DW gets her shot Friday.  As a health care worker I figured she would have gotten it sooner, but because she doesn’t work for the hospitals, but for the public utility, the hospitals skipped her and her co-worker RN and went to the next level of patients. Even though both of our local hospitals and the docs suck up to them because of all the patients they feed into the system with really good health care benefits.  O well.

On the upside I get to give blood Friday... I hope I can take off the mask for the hour.... but am guessing not.

• Like 1

We’re way down on the list to get the vaccine so it won’t be happening for us anytime soon.  

On a positive note though, the WHO announced revised guidance today regarding interpreting PCR test results, essentially saying that high cycle rates result in high false positive rates.  “WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.”  https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

If PCR cycle rates are lowered, then the # of positive cases will drop.  Also, with the focus on administering the vaccine now, testing will go down and so will the # of CV cases too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 12:03 AM, atgood said:

We’re way down on the list to get the vaccine so it won’t be happening for us anytime soon.  

On a positive note though, the WHO announced revised guidance today regarding interpreting PCR test results, essentially saying that high cycle rates result in high false positive rates.  “WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.”  https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

If PCR cycle rates are lowered, then the # of positive cases will drop.  Also, with the focus on administering the vaccine now, testing will go down and so will the # of CV cases too. 

Of course, especially on the day it was announced.  Not a surprise at all.  The CDC is also contemplating recommending that states only us Covid as the "cause of death" not for "deaths of people that also had Covid" (especially without symptoms).  In our largest cities, previously locked down, at the current highest weekly rates of infection, cases, hospitalizations and deaths, such impositions are being lifted for restaurants, bars, gyms, etc.  Again, no surprise at all to a reasonably and independently informed person.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Of course, especially on the day it was announced.  Not a surprise at all.  The CDC is also contemplating recommending that states only us Covid as the "cause of death" not for "deaths of people that also had Covid" (especially without symptoms).  In our largest cities, previously locked down, at the current highest weekly rates of infection, cases, hospitalizations and deaths, such impositions are being lifted for restaurants, bars, gyms, etc.  Again, no surprise at all to a reasonably and independently informed person.

Not only not surprising, but completely predictable

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

The CDC is also contemplating recommending that states only us Covid as the "cause of death" not for "deaths of people that also had Covid" (especially without symptoms). 

Where did you see this?  This would remove about 3/4 of all covid deaths if they changed this.

Edited by smokeybandit