If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

Saga Cruises is the first cruise line I've seen actually requiring a vaccination:

"In addition, Saga has confirmed it will require that all guests must be fully vaccinated. This means that guests must have received their full two doses of the COVID‑19 vaccination at least 14 days before travelling with the company".

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24231-saga-pushes-start-of-cruising-to-may.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

GOOD! It is terrible that some feel that they are more important than everyone else and THEY should jump to the front of the line.....just two examples:

Richard Parsons, former chairman and CEO of Time Warner and former chairman of Citigroup, said he left his home in New York to travel to Florida specifically because the Sunshine State made it so easy.

Sounds kind of dumb to me.  Why expose yourself to the real dangers of travel?

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Sounds kind of dumb to me.  Why expose yourself to the real dangers of travel?

I doubt they flew commercial....they have their private jets, their limos. Why not fly to Florida for the vaccine, have a nice catered lunch and be home in time for an exclusive dinner?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

We haven't tried Walmart or Home Depot since March. Too many local outbreaks. We did do a single quick run in to a Costco Business Center store. They are much smaller than regular Costco's, but carry many of the same items including coffee, meat and produce. 

In the early months of the first shut down Walmart, Costco and Home Depot counted #s going in/out. With the 2nd shut down that all went away here in So Cal area where we live. Costco still sanitizes carts but most stores don't with some having a self-sanitizing station. Mask wearing, while mandated, is adhered to by most but many do not wear them properly. At our Dr's office.....part of a 3 story bldg....your temp is taken upon arrival and you have to be wearing an approved mask....as shown in the picture below. 

masks at Dr's office.jpg

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

In the early months of the first shut down Walmart, Costco and Home Depot counted #s going in/out. With the 2nd shut down that all went away here in So Cal area where we live. Costco still sanitizes carts but most stores don't with some having a self-sanitizing station. Mask wearing, while mandated, is adhered to by most but many do not wear them properly. At our Dr's office.....part of a 3 story bldg....your temp is taken upon arrival and you have to be wearing an approved mask....as shown in the picture below. 

masks at Dr's office.jpg

Pretty much only place I go that is checking temperature now is my masseuse. But all my dr visits lately have been virtual 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty much only place I go that is checking temperature now is my masseuse. But all my dr visits lately have been virtual 

I think all the service providers here are still closed. I know the nail and hair salons still are. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think all the service providers here are still closed. I know the nail and hair salons still are. 

Is that statewide 

I'm doing my own hair and nails now😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is that statewide 

I'm doing my own hair and nails now😉

Southern CA, Central CA and SF Bay Area. All the regions where ICU capacity is less than 15%. Extreme northern CA has fewer restrictions. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

While they're supposed to be closed...along with dining in....here in So Cal many aren't and people are going. Kind of like a speakeasy with entrance to hair/nail salons via the back door. Restaurants that are open aren't trying to hide it either. Riverside County Sheriff says he won't enforce the closures as have some others in law enforcement. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, gamecock411 said:

I will post why I won't and please remember everyone is entitled to do what's best for them.  I don't believe there has been enough time to study the effects and the efficacy of this vaccine.  There was not a broad enough sampling done.  When a new car goes into production,  there are usually kinks to be worked out that the manufacturer can only find out about once mass production has started.   Then the car gets fine tuned, defects are corrected, etc.  I choose to wait until the test drive period has fine tuned this vaccine. 

Well,I took the vaccine Jan.13 and still have a headache that I left the hospital with.Yesterday my blood pressure spiked to 210/100.While high blood pressure is not a side effect of the vaccine ,a very painful headache can cause the BP to raise. I went to a hospital ER and the doctor treating me did not take the vaccine,neither did the nurse.I am wondering if they know something we do not know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Well,I took the vaccine Jan.13 and still have a headache that I left the hospital with.Yesterday my blood pressure spiked to 210/100.While high blood pressure is not a side effect of the vaccine ,a very painful headache can cause the BP to raise. I went to a hospital ER and the doctor treating me did not take the vaccine,neither did the nurse.I am wondering if they know something we do not know.

Not encouraging at all. I’m in no hurry to get the vaccine. 

• Like 1

Trader Joe’s in Sarasota is still monitoring the number of people they allow into the store, but the number they allow in at one time is a lot higher than it was, I am guessing twice as high.

We got our shots at Publix in Collier County this morning.  My arm hurts, I am exhausted, and I have a splitting headache, but am still thrilled to have gotten it.  We are still on the list to be called for an appointment in Manatee County.  They had 3,000 doses yesterday and made random selections from the 133,500 people on the list 🙄. We were not selected.

Edited to add:  In 2019, there were 113,00 people  over 65 in Manatee County, yet there are over 133,500 on the list.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Trader Joe’s in Sarasota is still monitoring the number of people they allow into the store, but the number they allow in at one time is a lot higher than it was, I am guessing twice as high.

We got our shots at Publix in Collier County this morning.  My arm hurts, I am exhausted, and I have a splitting headache, but am still thrilled to have gotten it.  We are still on the list to be called for an appointment in Manatee County.  They had 3,000 doses yesterday and made random selections from the 133,500 people on the list 🙄. We were not selected.

Were you allowed to make 2  peoples appts without getting back in the queue?  I had no luck this morning after over an hour in the queue 

I completed the “patient information” form and saw a statement saying I had been successful.  Immediately below that was an option to register another person.  I clicked on it, was taken directly to the patient information form, and was able to get his appointment for twelve minutes after mine.  I think it was helpful that I selected the last day (January 15 through 20 was available), thinking others would be trying for the earliest possible date.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

oh, no. So sorry to hear this.  Sure hope your headache goes away soon!  

Was this the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was not planning to get it but I let my family talk me into it.

From your other postings, you have mentioned you have several medical issues. Do you think this could have played a part in the reaction you had?

Thousands have gotten the vaccine with no side affects. I got my first dose today, and so far, so good. I also took a couple of ibuprofen when I got home. I plan to take it before my second dose, since that when I have read most people have side affects. But it’s a good sign, because it’s your immune system kicking in. I’m excited...today is a good day! 

• Thanks 2

Our county health department said that the vaccine came from the federal government and even other counties could sign up.  You just had to be 65+, or other eligible group (with documentation), a Florida resident and have an appointment.  There is a wait list for people to sign up to be contacted with appointment times and places.  It is moving along getting people vaccinated, maybe not as fast as everyone wants but each week more and more people are getting their first shots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Thousands have gotten the vaccine with no side affects. I got my first dose today, and so far, so good. I also took a couple of ibuprofen when I got home. I plan to take it before my second dose, since that when I have read most people have side affects. But it’s a good sign, because it’s your immune system kicking in. I’m excited...today is a good day! 

My sister (retired RN) told me she read that we should not take ibuprofen after the shot, but Tylenol is okay.  I researched that and she had it wrong.  What I read is to not take either before the shot, as they can make the vaccine less effective by blunting the body’s immune response.  Afterwards is apparently okay.  I had my first shot this morning and have a sore arm plus both legs, pain in my elbow and wrist, headache, and fatigue.  I am going to forego the meds, just in case.  It might be worth googling this question prior to taking the OTC meds.

• Thanks 1