If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Kinda surprised women haven't putvoff getting pregnant during pandemic. 

Was there ever a baby boom attributed to first lockdown?

I know many young women that purposely did NOT get pregnant during these times.  They were/are quarantined with children and may be  home schooling and working from home.   They did NOT want to add a  newborn to the mix. Many have said the quarantine with children  was the  best form of birth control! 

It would be a medically scary time to be pregnant.   

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There is never a perfect time to have a baby. We have a friend who has 9 yr old boy/girl twins and always said they were done.  Well, this past spring they announced the Covid 20 wasn't from her husband's cooking (restaurant manager) and they were expecting a happy surprise.  Baby girl was born a couple of weeks ago.  I know a few people who are actively trying.  Some because of age (approaching or already 40) and others because it's the timeframe they planned on.  It may stop some people, but not others as they have good reason for getting pregnant now, as in they may hit the point they can't before too long.  I know a lot of people who have their lives planned out to include exactly when to buy a house, have a baby, etc.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, tullers said:

I'll be waiting a year or two before considering getting the vaccine, I am not satisfied with the testing. Most importantly, there are no long term studies available due to rushed development.  I'm in no hurry to get on a cruise ship either as I don't like the idea of having to wear a mask everywhere all the time.

RNA vaccines have been researched since about 1990.  So, when exactly is long enough?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BND said:

RNA vaccines have been researched since about 1990.  So, when exactly is long enough?

I tend to agree with this. A casual discussion about getting the vaccine with a member of my church resulted in her saying that she has no plans to get it cause it was "rush market". Surely the process has moved along faster than would likely be the case in a non-pandemic situation, but it does seem that adequate testing was done to at least approve it for distribution. Consider that it was a worldwide effort in an emergency situation. The viral sequence of SARS-CoV-2 was uncovered already in January, and then the ability to fast track it was a global effort. For that matter, there's an element of risk inherent in so many aspects of life...like every time you get behind the wheel of your car. It's just that the less vaccination = the longer the virus is likely to be around IMHO anyway. 

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I know many young women that purposely did NOT get pregnant during these times.

Another experience....

We have 3 close relatives who are pregnant. One of them is an OB/GYN. 

In any case, best wishes and best health to all! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

One would have thought there would be baby boom with everyone forced to be at home, together all the time, back last spring.  But it did not seem to happen - many couples were likely discouraged about the unknown factors of the coronavirus impact upon pregnancy and children in general.  Later on, there were some greater interest and early conceptions but still relatively low for such a locked down population.

We did have much of our patients experiencing some infertility issues have their infertility treatment and procedures deferred in the early months of the pandemic as well.  Patients having IVF and other advanced fertility technologies were delayed from closed IVF clinics and services.  Many did not open up again until the early-mid summer 2020 and had quite a back log of patients for treatment.

That said, we should start seeing the baby boom about now.  We shall see...

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, BND said:

That is what is disturbing actually.  They have been researching them a long time but never used them because of negative side effects.  The problem is that we really do not know.  Is Covid that bad that you would risk this unknown?  For me, no.
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/cep/COVID/mRNA vaccine review final.pdf

5 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

That is what is disturbing actually.  They have been researching them a long time but never used them because of negative side effects.  The problem is that we really do not know.  Is Covid that bad that you would risk this unknown?  For me, no.
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/cep/COVID/mRNA vaccine review final.pdf

If you read up on why they stopped them, it had more to do with some obstacles that they have since overcome and funding having dried up.

Also, did you actually read the link you posted and the conclusions?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

Edited by BND

1 minute ago, BND said:

If you read up on why they stopped them, it had more to do with some obstacles that they have since overcome and funding having dried up.

Also, did you actually read the link you posted and the conclusions?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

Yes.  Penn is saying full speed ahead but they are also admitting that we do not know if these rna vaccines are completely safe.  There are risks with everything, or most things, so I am not expecting life to be risk free.  But the point is that for me, the risk isn’t worth it.  Covid isn’t deadly enough.  And there are plenty of therapies.  Not interested in a vaccine that uses new, suspect (for me) technology.  There are a lot of doctors online who are very, very skeptical of this vaccine.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

Yes.  Penn is saying full speed ahead but they are also admitting that we do not know if these rna vaccines are completely safe.  There are risks with everything, or most things, so I am not expecting life to be risk free.  But the point is that for me, the risk isn’t worth it.  Covid isn’t deadly enough.  And there are plenty of therapies.  Not interested in a vaccine that uses new, suspect (for me) technology.  There are a lot of doctors online who are very, very skeptical of this vaccine.  

So many who are against getting this vaccine seem to want to be right more than they want it to be a good thing.  There are a lot more Dr's and researchers who are very much behind this vaccine.  There are also "Dr's" who are opposed to all kinds of proven treatments for diseases, but that doesn't make them right.  What Penn is saying is that severe reactions to the vaccine are very uncommon, just like many other vaccines.  For everyone who is opposed to getting the vaccine, how long do you want the lockdowns to continue?  If you think everyone else getting the vaccine is going to let you resume your life, you're mistaken.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, ReneeFLL said:

They might be less susceptible to it, but they are definitely carriers of it. The vaccine isn’t 100% so a vaccinated person can still get it. With everyone vaccinated there is a bigger chance of not having it on a cruise. There are plenty of other vacations people with kids can take. I don’t care if they get vaccinated or not. They just can’t cruise if Royal requires it and I hope they do for everyone. Works for me. 🥂

Very much agree. Anyone (and that includes kids) who can not be vaccinated can find another way to vacation. No cruising for them. Cruise ships are extremely vulnerable to outbreaks so why not prevent that from happening?

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 5:30 PM, lizzius said:

You're the one worried about contracting covid from my kids after you (presumably) have gotten yourself vaccinated. If you don't see the parallel, I can't help you.

For me, preventing anyone who is not vaccinated on a cruise ship is not about me specifically worried about catching Covid. This is about preventing a super spreader event on a cruise ship. If that happens, cruising as we knew it will never be able to resume. I am a huge proponent of mandating vaccinations for all who board a cruise ship. That includes kids and those who can not take the vaccine for medical reasons.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 9:39 PM, Tippyton said:

Oh Yogi... still living in fear.  I'm sorry.

It is not living in fear. It is living smart and mindful of what has happened to all of us during this global pandemic. This pandemic is a 100 year event. Have you grasped that yet?

On 1/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, tullers said:

I'll be waiting a year or two before considering getting the vaccine, I am not satisfied with the testing. Most importantly, there are no long term studies available due to rushed development.  I'm in no hurry to get on a cruise ship either as I don't like the idea of having to wear a mask everywhere all the time.

Hopefully, wearing a mask on a cruise ship will not be necessary when everyone on board has been vaccinated and the proper amount of time has elapsed so immunity has been achieved.

25 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

We just wish we could get a vaccine.  Missouri is at the bottom of the heap as far as vaccination rates go.  Some mass vaccine sites opened just this week but none within 90 miles of Kansas City.

It is very frustrating.  We aren't even eligible yet and won't be for a while, but I have been trying to get my 84 yr old Mom an appointment.  I was able to get her one for March 17th a couple of weeks ago but hoped to get her something earlier.  Low and behold, she gets a letter today from a hospital that she has been going to for 30 yrs, telling her to call for an appointment.  She now has an appointment for next Wednesday!  She was going to pass since she is in NH and the hospital is in Boston, but I convinced her to drive to me in MA and I will take her in, just like I do for all her checkups in there.  With any luck, she should have both of her shots prior to when she was supposed to get her first in NH.

If you can get an appointment and are able to drive, I would take it.  You can always reschedule to something closer if it opens up in the meantime.  Good luck!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is very frustrating.  We aren't even eligible yet and won't be for a while, but I have been trying to get my 84 yr old Mom an appointment.  I was able to get her one for March 17th a couple of weeks ago but hoped to get her something earlier.  Low and behold, she gets a letter today from a hospital that she has been going to for 30 yrs, telling her to call for an appointment.  She now has an appointment for next Wednesday!  She was going to pass since she is in NH and the hospital is in Boston, but I convinced her to drive to me in MA and I will take her in, just like I do for all her checkups in there.  With any luck, she should have both of her shots prior to when she was supposed to get her first in NH.

If you can get an appointment and are able to drive, I would take it.  You can always reschedule to something closer if it opens up in the meantime.  Good luck!

Thanks.  I am also trying to get an appointment for my mom who is 86 and still working! 🤨  She is pretty amazing.  We have her signed up for alerts from 2 hospitals, 2 pharmacies and a retailer.  So far, no availability.

• Like 1