Feeling Guilty Requesting Shareholder Credit

Planning continues for our January cruise. Considering Royal’s financial situation I’m feeling guilty about requesting the Shareholder onboard credit. Obviously $100 isn’t going to sink the boat but I’m debating with myself whether to do it or not. 

• Haha 1

I feel zero guilt asking for it.  They have no problem keeping my refunds for months.  They had no problem refusing to re-issue FCC that is valid.   They have taken my money and secretly converted refundable bookings to NRD then refuse to issue a refund when all paperwork clearly shows it was refundable.  

I have a business relationship with Royal.  As a business they have done some things that are illegal, wrong, immoral and unacceptable.  Pursuing a legal case over a $100 refund is a lost cause.  As far as stockholder OBC I will always request it until they remove this benefit. 

Zero guilt, all business.  Just the way Royal treats me.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bill5333 said:

Planning continues for our January cruise. Considering Royal’s financial situation I’m feeling guilty about requesting the Shareholder onboard credit. Obviously $100 isn’t going to sink the boat but I’m debating with myself whether to do it or not. 

Do you think RCI feels any guilt about charging you $14 for a drink that has less than $0.25 upfront cost to them?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I sometimes think people post on here to get a reaction. To see how many will respond.  

Everyone posts to get a reaction.  Thats the point of posting.  Otherwise just write something on a piece of paper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I sometimes think people post on here to get a reaction. To see how many will respond.  

Very insightful. Can’t get anything by you. 

Regardless, I appreciate the input from the few.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill5333 said:

For RCI its an equation.  On board credit because you are invested in the company means you are more likely to book with RCI.  $100 dollars in the grand scheme of things is minimal to them.  If they thought that the discount was affecting them negatively then they would withdraw it.  Don't feel guilty.  You are supporting the company and in turn they are supporting you.

2 hours ago, Bill5333 said:

Wife and I get $100 a night in free drinks,  I feel rewarded not guilty. happy cruising

4 hours ago, Bill5333 said:

LOL...

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, I’ve forgotten to send mine in as well.

How far out are you requesting it for? Have a May 2021 & two October 2021, November 2021 & December 2021. Usually I requested it a month before but would rather use their $100 for part of some dining reservations. 

22 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

How far out are you requesting it for? Have a May 2021 & two October 2021, November 2021 & December 2021. Usually I requested it a month before but would rather use their $100 for part of some dining reservations. 

I know people that have sent them in for 2022 reservations and had them approved. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

I have it approved for Jan 2022.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have it approved for Jan 2022.

We applied for, received and spent  our $100 OBC for each of our February and April 2022 cruises.  The three 65% off Lift and Shifted Owner's Suites to be exact. 

I don't feel guilty.  Royal is trying to make the best of a terrible situation and so are we. They made the rules and have smart people watching how the rules get used.  If they see something they don't like, they can change them, but they haven't.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bill5333 said:

Don't feel guilty because they won't feel guilty cutting services and raising prices in order to breakeven or hopefully make a profit.  

6 hours ago, Bill5333 said:

Very insightful. Can’t get anything by you. 

Regardless, I appreciate the input from the few.

Thanks for coming forward . Nice diversion from the usual stuff on here . It made me laugh .