CDC Lifts Cruise Ban

molly361

45 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'm sure C&A will be devastated. 

That's exactly what their (and not only their) intention is (to lure all in "fetal position")!  stay horrified, cancel, crawl under a rock (first, you must find one in your basement, of course), hide, stay put, and ... don't breath (AKA wear your muzzle - sufficiency of oxygen is unacceptable for your health).

Edited by kirtihk

56 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Until recently, most sports, professionals and college, have been played without fans, why not cruising? Maybe they sell broadcasting rights ,I'm sure the cruising zealots would pay.

The cable company would make money hand over fist from CC members. How many times have you read the reply, "We like to people watch"?  

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What about the healthcare professionals. Should they have to bare the brunt of an outbreak onboard?  Cruising is far from essential activity. 

Currently, the US Government is paying a bonus on COVID19 patients as well as the uninsured. We (US) will be paying for this eventually. I don’t particularly want my hard earned money going to fund someone on a cruise vacation who gets COVID19. 

M8

What gave you the impression that anyone even gave the health professionals a second thought?  

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What gave you the impression that anyone even gave the health professionals a second thought?  

I believe the CDC is trying too. The reason they want the cruise lines to contract and pay for healthcare facilities and lodging for needing medical care and/or quarantine.  I don’t believe this applies to existing US Medical Facilities. 

M8

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

It's the new world in which we live.  The Bahamas are not a suburb of Miami.  They are an independent nation and their government has a responsibility to protect their citizens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Well, it sounds like the CDC is attempting to properly deal with it. 

I’m pro business and believe things should be open as much as possible. A cruise line, vacation, non essential, just doesn’t qualify in my opinion. They shouldn’t be allowed to dump infected people off into US Ports. People should know this before they board. 

M8

Well said M8. As much as I'd love to get back to cruising, as an RN I realize the last thing hospitals and healthcare professionals want is to become overburdened with sick cruisers. Cruising is not essential and therefore if Covid breaks out on a ship it should be the responsibility of the cruise line to manage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So me and my wife will require this at $40.00 each to walk on their soil. What about the cruise lines islands. They are the Bahamas and controlled by them.

Well they will probably be bundled into one itinerary - a stop at a private island will also include a stop in Nassau.  Like many other countries that require a visa, you won't be allowed to board without one, even if you have no intentions of getting off the ship.

It will also be less of an administrative headache for the cruise lines if everyone is required to have the special visa.

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It looks like a trip to the Black Hills will be our big vacation next year.  I was hoping for Cerula Mar but that looks like it will be out.  

They have some great Glamping resorts out there.  Enjoy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So me and my wife will require this at $40.00 each to walk on their soil. What about the cruise lines islands. They are the Bahamas and controlled by them.

This could also be driven by the loss of revenue during the lockdown.  Tourism is 40% of their GDP.  

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Their country, their rules.  Not really sure what your point is.  If you don't like it, don't go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Yes, you want to visit a country you have to follow its rules.

Probably a stunning surprise but most countries insist on visitors respecting all laws and regulatiins.

2 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Pretty soon we all be under the thumb. - That's a sense I've been getting within last 9 months around the globe.

Do you smoke in restaurants, stores, and other public places? Do you drive under the influence of alcohol? Do you discharge weapons in a crowd? 

Refusing to follow pandemic mitigation protocols is a tyrannical action. In a free society people do not have a right to imperil lives.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

It looks like a trip to the Black Hills will be our big vacation next year.  I was hoping for Cerula Mar but that looks like it will be out.  

Looks like Cerula Mar re-opened last week.    I watched their TV series, boy did they get themselves in deep debt something like $10 million with purchase and renovation costs.     I forget the exact amount but they originally budgeted something like $2 or $3 million for renovations.     Way off!    Looks beautiful and hopefully their caretaker was there to take care of everything since march.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think reality tv already found that out. Big brother, etc. Already exists on tv. 

Reality TV is anything but reality and I can say that as someone whose company was on Undercover boss twice.  I can just imagine the staged fights on a cruise ship. Then again I can probably already search that on YouTube.

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe the CDC is trying too. The reason they want the cruise lines to contract and pay for healthcare facilities and lodging for needing medical care and/or quarantine.  I don’t believe this applies to existing US Medical Facilities. 

M8

Oh yes the CDC of course but I was referring to the CC members who are ready to jump on a ship at any cost some still believing that their ship will sail in December.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Oh yes the CDC of course but I was referring to the CC members who are ready to jump on a ship at any cost some still believing that their ship will sail in December.

Well, as of this afternoon they can stop believing. Now we will be hearing from the January believers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1