Princess Suspends Operations Until 3/31/21

Syracusefan44

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You do have a glimpse of hope that your cruise will still be on if the CDC lifts their 8 day plus ban by then and also Canada allows ships as well.

The October 21 Quebec to Fll is included in the new round.   We have lost another 7 bookings today.   Have 2 remaining for 2021.  Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Princess extends suspension of global operations until March 31, 2021 - and all cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of US ports until November 1, 2021. It is also extending suspension of cruises sailing in and out of Japan until June 25, 2021.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-extends-pause-global-ship-operations-2021

https://twitter.com/shipmonk/status/1329774840396570625?s=21

This is not a big surprise, considering all the problems they had early in the pandemic.  Princess will probably be the last line to sail.

1 hour ago, dog said:

i have had 3 very recent reminders from Princess  to make my final payment on my Jan 23/21 Enchanted cruise. Didn’t do it yet. 

guess I won’t need to call & cancel. 
 Not worried re: refund. Deposit was $1.00 each. 

They can probably handle that refund without affecting the cash flow too seriously.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1Gizmo said:

Final Payment for January 16th cruise was due on Nov 17th. They cancel 3 days later.  Not a good move on your part Princess. 

Did you really expect your January 16th cruise to sail?

We had a July Princess cruise that we cancelled a month before they did and only had a refundable deposit as opposed to final payment as we knew it could not possibly sail. And I'm sure they also knew too well before final payment was due. How much more proof could one need that a cruise out of London (Southampton) to the Norwegian fjords would be a no go when you could no longer fly to London and Norway was closing ports?

Did you really expect them to be able to meet the CDC requirements by mid-January?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, travelhound said:

This is not a big surprise, considering all the problems they had early in the pandemic.  Princess will probably be the last line to sail.

I was thinking the same thing. They had the most serious and highly publicized Covid cruise, so they don't want to be associated with Covid again. Let the other lines break the ice so when Princess resumes it'll just be another line belatedly returning to cruising.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dweidensaul said:

How soon should one expect an FCC to show up in their account in order to rebook using the FCC?

You will have a deadline to choose a refund or (by default) FCC. In the past they have not processed the refunds/FCCs until that deadline.

• Like 2

so far I find this interesting. We have scheduled 2- 7 day cruises out of SF on April 17 and 24th.  I have been told that the one on the 17th has been cancelled but nothing about the following cruise on the 24th. Is it just a matter of time until I get that email?

Our June 1, 2021 Pacific Princess cruise (Singapore to Rome) was on the list. I can’t say I was surprised - in fact I was getting pessimistic about its chances of happening. We have 2 more cruises scheduled - a 10-day Mexican Riviera cruise next December and a longer Papeete to Sydney cruise in February 2022. We’ll just have to see what happens...

14 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

so far I find this interesting. We have scheduled 2- 7 day cruises out of SF on April 17 and 24th.  I have been told that the one on the 17th has been cancelled but nothing about the following cruise on the 24th. Is it just a matter of time until I get that email?

I found it and second cruise has also been cancelled--They just have not gotten to us yet.  Next hope is June on the Majestic

49 minutes ago, skynight said:

Possible b2b's will not be allowed even if booked a separate cruises. 

I just spoke to my PVP and she advised that mu b2b Alaska cruises are not canceled but if they were booked as a 14 day cruise then it would have been

So my 10 day cruise in March was cancelled.  It was booked with a FCC from a prior cancelled cruise.  How will they calculate the 25 percent bonus FCC for this cancellation?  The original FCC breaks down to 100 in refundable and 100 in non refundable. I am assuming that it will now be a 300 FCC since the minimum bonus is 100.  Has anyone had this situation already? 

Received our email this AM....our May 2021 10-day Inside Passage cruise is cancelled.  Certainly was expecting it.   At least we didn't have to call ourselves to cancel and only paid the deposit.  This makes 3 cancellations during 2020 for us.  

Wishing everyone luck in their future cruise planning.  We look forward to SAFELY cruising again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

The October 21 Quebec to Fll is included in the new round.   We have lost another 7 bookings today.   Have 2 remaining for 2021.  Fingers crossed.

Is the oct 21 Quebec to FLL permanently cancelled like all Princess cruises through march 31 or temporarily  cancelled because of the CDC and Canadian cruise ship ban.  If it's  the latter, then there is the possibility the cruise could happen if both bans were lifted.

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

That’s good but my recent experience with other cruise lines is still underwhelming and I’m still seeing reports of 100+ day waits in the Princess refund group.

We lucked out and got our 2 Royal refunds in 9 days from a May fully paid cruise they cancelled and an August deposited cruise we cancelled.

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I was thinking the same thing. They had the most serious and highly publicized Covid cruise, so they don't want to be associated with Covid again. Let the other lines break the ice so when Princess resumes it'll just be another line belatedly returning to cruising.

Exactly 👍

34 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Is the oct 21 Quebec to FLL permanently cancelled like all Princess cruises through march 31 or temporarily  cancelled because of the CDC and Canadian cruise ship ban.  If it's  the latter, then there is the possibility the cruise could happen if both bans were lifted.

It is on the list of cancelled cruises.   I do not see any temporary cancellations.   

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So the May 8 transatlantic will be the inaugural.

No, that is also on the list I received -

ENCHANTED PRINCESSTRANSATLANTIC8-May-21N120N14Spanish PassageFLLROM

see this link: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-mar-31-2021.pdf

Edited by NRWPA
added info
  • Thanks 2