Princess Suspends Operations Until 3/31/21

Syracusefan44

Just a heads up for anyone with a non-refundable FCC, Princess is now offering to refund the 100% base cruise fare back, less any bonus FCC that you were offered. Seeing that many of the cruises in the Princess list are cancelled through November 1, 2021 and you currently must use your FCC to sail by  May 1, 2022 there may not be many options left. Here is the excerpt from the Princess web site:

”If a guest has not used any portion of their FCC within 12 months of its issuance, they may choose to receive a refund of the original amount retained by Princess Cruises at the time the FCC was issued between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022, less any bonus amount. “

There is a link on the Princess web site to request this. I have contacted my TA and he is sorting it out for me. 

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So the May 8 transatlantic will be the inaugural.

No.  It's on the cancelled list.   It will not be in FLL to sail to Europe.  Look at the list of cancelled cruises.  Looks like the Enchanted is cancelled at least thru the middle of May

Edited by franktown
correct

I have a cruise booked on the Crown for June 26, 2021, Mexican Riviera that has not as yet been cancelled.   My PvP indicated it is being handled differently and stand by for an email.   Wonder what’s up.   

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Interesting that they canceled all of the Royal Princess cruises, even those 7 days and shorter, thru September???  Most of these were roundtrip out of San Pedro...

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-mar-31-2021.pdf

Glad you mentioned this but there's one itinerary on Royal, 5/1-8/2021 (we're booked on it), California coastal ending in Vancouver that is not on the cancelled list. However, all the subsequent Alaska itin's for Royal are cancelled. Puzzling..... 

31 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Glad you mentioned this but there's one itinerary on Royal, 5/1-8/2021 (we're booked on it), California coastal ending in Vancouver that is not on the cancelled list. However, all the subsequent Alaska itin's for Royal are cancelled. Puzzling..... 

Not quite. The subsequent Alaska cruises they cancelled are the 14-night B2Bs. The 7-night Vancouver to Whittier and Whittier to Vancouver cruises are not listed as cancelled.

Edited by lstone19

16 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Not quite. The subsequent Alaska cruises they cancelled are the 14-night B2Bs. The 7-night Vancouver to Whittier and Whittier to Vancouver cruises are not listed as cancelled.

And if you booked the b2b as two separate cruises they have not been canceled. I verified that by b2b cruises in Alaska are good to go through my PVP today. If you have a 14 day cruise in Alaska from Vancouver you might try and rebook as 2 seven day cruises

3 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Just a heads up for anyone with a non-refundable FCC, Princess is now offering to refund the 100% base cruise fare back, less any bonus FCC that you were offered. Seeing that many of the cruises in the Princess list are cancelled through November 1, 2021 and you currently must use your FCC to sail by  May 1, 2022 there may not be many options left. Here is the excerpt from the Princess web site:

”If a guest has not used any portion of their FCC within 12 months of its issuance, they may choose to receive a refund of the original amount retained by Princess Cruises at the time the FCC was issued between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022, less any bonus amount. “

There is a link on the Princess web site to request this. I have contacted my TA and he is sorting it out for me. 

I don't see the link to request a refund of FCC, but might be because my FCCs were issued on 4/22/20. Wondering why FCCs issued before June 1st are not eligible for a refund??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mingus said:

I don't see the link to request a refund of FCC, but might be because my FCCs were issued on 4/22/20. Wondering why FCCs issued before June 1st are not eligible for a refund??

I'm not sure why they arbitrarily chose June 1st. Might be worth a call to Princess. The link is in the latest list of cancellations on the Princess web site.

33 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Our Jun 1 cruise on Pacific is cancelled, so we're done.  This is the second cancellation in 2.5 months for this itinerary (Singapore to Rome).

What is going on with all these cancellations so far out?

Good question. Hopefully, with a vaccine on the horizon I am surprised that they have cancelled cruises through Nov 1, 2021. I have seen cruise review videos showing that it might take at least a couple of months to get ships up and fully running, but why cancellations almost 12 months out.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

And if you booked the b2b as two separate cruises they have not been canceled. I verified that by b2b cruises in Alaska are good to go through my PVP today. If you have a 14 day cruise in Alaska from Vancouver you might try and rebook as 2 seven day cruises

I wouldn't count on that as being 100% factual. In the Polar booking system (the system TAs and Princess PVPs use) a note has been added to these sailings stating "Voyage Comments NO LINKS OR BACK TO BACK CRUISES PERMITTED" Of course, this could all change or you could slip through the cracks...but just keep it in the back of your mind in case!

On a side note, my sailing on Crown on August 7th (coastal) is not among the cancelled sailings but is showing as "pricing not available" on Princess site and closed for bookings on Polar. Considering they only just opened these Crown bookings for sale a month ago after redeploying her, I'm wondering what this might mean...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Have you ever seen them cancel a sailing , and then un-cancel it? I haven't.

Have we ever gone through something like this with the CDC imposing a 7 day maximum for cruise lengths?  If the CDC lifts their ban then that would open up longer cruise lengths.  My next 10 day should be on the Enchanted in March of 2022.  Hopefully she'll cross the pond next October for her fall/winter 10 day Caribbean schedule.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

My PVP gave me very different info today.  She told me that Princess is aware of the work around but the software has not been updated to catch if you booked a b2b as two separate cruises yet.  She said as soon as the software is updated my cruises or at least one will be cancelled.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

If the CDC lifts their ban then that would open up longer cruise lengths.

So what do you think they do with the ships that had 10 day sailings cancelled, not sail at all?

No, they will reschedule them for shorter cruises, or take them out of service.

They would be nuts to try and re-book the 10 day sailings. Everyone would want their old cabin back, +perks, etc. They've been canceled. End of story.

My March 27th, 7 day on the Enchanted was cancelled.  I was likely not going anyway, so I'm fine with it.

Are they giving your FCC back plus 25%, am I reading that right? 

I also wonder if they are going to extend the dates on FCC's purchased and not used yet.  I have 4 2 that expire in 2021 and 2 that expire in 2022. I would they they would automatically extended these at some point back to 4 years or something.  Anyone heard anything about that?

11 hours ago, mina said:

So my 10 day cruise in March was cancelled.  It was booked with a FCC from a prior cancelled cruise.  How will they calculate the 25 percent bonus FCC for this cancellation?  The original FCC breaks down to 100 in refundable and 100 in non refundable. I am assuming that it will now be a 300 FCC since the minimum bonus is 100.  Has anyone had this situation already? 

In the recent past, cancelled cruises that had payments made from FCCs from previously cancelled cruises did not get a bonus when the new cruise was cancelled. If that is the case, you will get your $200 back as FCCs and no bonus.

8 hours ago, redtop101 said:

The FCC must be unused for a year after it has been issued in order to get the refund. So you would be unable to get that refund at this time.

45 minutes ago, caribill said:

The FCC must be unused for a year after it has been issued in order to get the refund. So you would be unable to get that refund at this time.

My FCC was issued June1, 2020. My March 25, 2021 cruise was just cancelled by Princess today. I had applied that FCC to this cruise, so it has not been used within the 12 month period. My TA contacted Princess today and confirmed the amounts I will be getting back, minus the bonus FCC which was stated by Princess. 

Edited by redtop101
Spell error

6 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

My FCC was issued June1, 2020. My March 25, 2021 cruise was just cancelled by Princess today. I had applied that FCC to this cruise, so it has not be used within the 12 month period. My TA contacted Princess today and confirmed the amounts I will be getting back, minus the bonus FCC which was stated by Princess. 

The "unused for a year" should mean it is not refundable until June 1,2021.

It is possible that your TA arranged for your decision to receive the FCCs to be reversed and get the refund offered at that time instead.

1 minute ago, caribill said:

The "unused for a year" should mean it is not refundable until June 1,2021.

It is possible that your TA arranged for your decision to receive the FCCs to be reversed and get the refund offered at that time instead.

Their statement says “unused within a year” not unused for a year. 

5 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

Their statement says “unused within a year” not unused for a year. 

From your original post

To me that says they will not refund until a year is up.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

i suggest calling Princess and asking. Not all FCC are being treated the same. Mine is for 18 months and non refundable. However, with more cancellations happening they should be extending them. 
anyone tried to get their FCC extended yet? Let us know. 

10 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Good question. Hopefully, with a vaccine on the horizon I am surprised that they have cancelled cruises through Nov 1, 2021. I have seen cruise review videos showing that it might take at least a couple of months to get ships up and fully running, but why cancellations almost 12 months out.

Yup,I lost my Sky T/A in September.....

Bob

• Like 1