Princess Suspends Operations Until 3/31/21

Syracusefan44

Princess extends suspension of global operations until March 31, 2021 - and all cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of US ports until November 1, 2021. It is also extending suspension of cruises sailing in and out of Japan until June 25, 2021.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-extends-pause-global-ship-operations-2021

https://twitter.com/shipmonk/status/1329774840396570625?s=21

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Thanks 2

It is good that they are providing more notice than many other cruiselines.    I guess, where they can, they will convert some of the 10 day cruises to 7 day cruises.   This could affect existing 7 day cruises on ships that have 10 day cruises....

I guess we will hear more.

• Like 1

As my 5th grade teacher used to say, "Sugar, Honey, Iced, Tea!"

We were really looking forward to our 14 day sailing from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale, next October.

We booked this back in September of 2019.

Now we'll just have to wait another 2 years for 2022 to roll around.

Thankfully, our other 2 bookings for 2021 are not affected. (yet!)

15 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Guess this means another refund to fight for...

Hopefully the fight won't be has long and difficult this time.  I really doubt that many canceled cruises where final payment has already been made had very high occupancy rates unlike in the spring.

Edited by capriccio

5 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We were really looking forward to our 14 day sailing from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale, next October.

Now we'll just have to wait another 2 years for 2022 to roll around.

The Caribbean Princess Quebec to FLL Oct 20, 2022 itinerary is open for booking. Expect there also will be an Enchanted Princess itinerary from NYC to FLL November 4, 2022. That itinerary could include ports in the ABC islands to comply with distant foreign port requirements. 

Good of Princess to give many advance notice.  With Princess now basically not sailing for a year, I think it's time for Princess to think about extending the deadline to take a cruise for those of us who had cancellations.  Using all my FCCs by 5/1/22 seems more difficult every time I read about more delays of restarting. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skynight said:

The Caribbean Princess Quebec to FLL Oct 20, 2022 itinerary is open for booking.

I've already asked my TA to see if he can simply move our reservation to the 2022 sailing versus waiting until Jan/Feb for our FCCs to be processed.

5 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The refunds were processed much faster in the latter rounds of cancellations.

A huge improvement from round 1.

That’s good but my recent experience with other cruise lines is still underwhelming and I’m still seeing reports of 100+ day waits in the Princess refund group.

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Princess extends suspension of global operations until March 31, 2021 - and all cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of US ports until November 1, 2021. It is also extending suspension of cruises sailing in and out of Japan until June 25, 2021.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-extends-pause-global-ship-operations-2021

https://twitter.com/shipmonk/status/1329774840396570625?s=21

Thanks for posting. 

45 minutes ago, 1Gizmo said:

Final Payment for January 16th cruise was due on Nov 17th. They cancel 3 days later.  Not a good move on your part Princess. 

i have had 3 very recent reminders from Princess  to make my final payment on my Jan 23/21 Enchanted cruise. Didn’t do it yet. 

guess I won’t need to call & cancel. 
 Not worried re: refund. Deposit was $1.00 each. 

1 hour ago, 1Gizmo said:

Final Payment for January 16th cruise was due on Nov 17th. They cancel 3 days later.  Not a good move on your part Princess. 

Our January 24 cruise final payment was due 11/24.  Great move on the part of Princess for our cruise and every impacted cruise after that date. Since our cruise was for 15 days, I did not expect our cruise to sail.

I am a little surprised that you are shocked that your January 16 cruise is not sailing and you made the final payment. You might be the only one.

• Like 2

The announcement implies that only the US and Japan cruises are impacted by this action.  But the list includes the South America cruises on the Coral and Asian cruises to / from Singapore on the Grand (plus some others on the Royal).  Just another blow to those of us hoping to return to normal someday soon.

12 minutes ago, dweidensaul said:

How soon should one expect an FCC to show up in their account in order to rebook using the FCC?

Mine has posted shortly after the deadline set for return of the form.  So it should be sometime in early January if they continue to process FCCs at the same pace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

You do have a glimpse of hope that your cruise will still be on if the CDC lifts their 8 day plus ban by then and also Canada allows ships as well.

3 minutes ago, Pmorton3360 said:

I had a $1 deposit for September and Princess gave me $101. Thought that was nice.

Not sure what I will get back. I expected this to happen. I am already booked on Dec 10/21 as a replacement.