Looks like Celebrity is canceling thru February 28, 2021

whitshel

2 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I was just wondering if there were more pages we hadn’t seen yet.....

Celebrity takes way to much time to make updates...intentional?  Though they did not take to much time in updating the rates for the new AI pricing.  Still love their product, but...

• Like 1

We cancelled our February cruises a couple of weeks ago.   No one that has been keeping up with what has been happening or maybe not happening would have expected theses cruises would actually happen.  
Glad to see that Celebrity stepped up to cancel Jan & Feb.  However they are still showing April cruises on the Infinity & Constellation which will not happen.

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We cancelled our February cruises a couple of weeks ago.   No one that has been keeping up with what has been happening or maybe not happening would have expected theses cruises would actually happen.  
Glad to see that Celebrity stepped up to cancel Jan & Feb.  However they are still showing April cruises on the Infinity & Constellation which will not happen.

I do not believe cruising will happen before July

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Not surprising- they have figure out new voyages- which adhere to the new rules. So they have to start from scratch so to speak. If cruising is happening before March-  they come up with new destinations and voyages.

The CDC and CLIA guidelines are still the same.  AFTER COVID cases have dropped to a number where a port could consider agreeing to accept ill passengers - say March - it takes 6 weeks to assemble a crew and be ready with new protocols.  Then trail cruises.  I get May as possible. June as likely to resume.  You also frankly need vaccinations for passengers and crew.  Again probably March so again we get to May to resume real cruises.

Last - the existing cruise schedule will likely be completely changed till late 2021.  Cannot see any way with the varying number of days.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Celebrity has continued it's policy of waiting until after final payment to cancel cruises that they know won't happen.  😡

Let's talk about this.  We have a cruise booked for the end of July. A 12 night Brittish Isles out of Amsterdam on Reflection w/ a final due date in May. I doubt this cruise wlll occur so.... what are the advantages or disadvantages if I cancel before due date or I pay at due date and then wait for Celebrity to cancel? 

Could be ( WITH EMPHASIS ON THE WORD COULD ) that N/A means the ships are already overbooked as far as C.D.C. capacity regulations and are accepting NO NEW reservations and will possibly be canceling some to meet the restrictions ?

Not probable but possible ?

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Let's talk about this.  We have a cruise booked for the end of July. A 12 night Brittish Isles out of Amsterdam on Reflection w/ a final due date in May. I doubt this cruise wlll occur so.... what are the advantages or disadvantages if I cancel before due date or I pay at due date and then wait for Celebrity to cancel? 

It depends if you have a NRD.  I think the current policy lets you get an FCC for your deposit if you cancel now.  If you want to play games, you can make final payment and hope for the 125% FCC if Celebrity cancels or you can apply for a complete refund of your deposit if Celebrity cancels.  If you have a refundable deposit then you are hoping to get the 125% FCC when Celebrity cancels.  You can get your money back now but you lose that option after final payment.

However you really don't know what restrictions may put on the FCC for future cruises, perhaps you won't be able to use it on your desired cruises or what happens if your new cruise is less expensive.

Making final payment also keeps the dream alive for you.  

So far I've always taken the money because I've had refundable deposits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Assuming you have a refundable deposit you would be out nothing if cancelling before final payment.  Personally I'm not paying any final payments for anything I don't think will sail OR that I think I would feel comfortable taking due to the onboard environment or the risk of being put off the ship due to me or my traveling companions testing positive.

Especially by May I'd really think that making a final payment thinking you will just get a refund my be pretty risky as these companies are going to be really hurting by then if they haven't restarted a significant number of ships to stop the bleeding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Could be ( WITH EMPHASIS ON THE WORD COULD ) that N/A means the ships are already overbooked as far as C.D.C. capacity regulations and are accepting NO NEW reservations and will possibly be canceling some to meet the restrictions ?

Wishful thinking. Extremely unlikely. 

NCL has also cancelled through March 31st. 

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yep. I have not gotten notice yet, but I just looked at Feb 2021 and the only departure port showing is Buenos Aires.

We'll see how long it takes them to tell me my Feb Apex isn't happening. 😞 I'd hope sooner than later so I can make alternate plans.

I would start making alternate plans.  I’m still waiting for “official” notification on 1 of our cancelled cruises.  I used a refund link from another passenger and have gotten my refund, but never a notification.

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Not possible.  Celebrity cancelled cruises thru March.

It will take a couple days for TAs to update the information on their websites and probably two weeks for TAs and Celebrity to notify all the customers involved.  This cancellation involves more than Celebrity and includes tens of thousands of cruise reservations.  Each contact must be generated individually.  That takes time.

14 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yep. I have not gotten notice yet, but I just looked at Feb 2021 and the only departure port showing is Buenos Aires.

We'll see how long it takes them to tell me my Feb Apex isn't happening. 😞 I'd hope sooner than later so I can make alternate plans.

The Celebrity presser announced the cancellation a few hours ago.  Think we all knew that the CLIA & CDC guidelines would not be possible to meet in January, February and March.

9 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Celebrity's website shows no Caribbean cruises before March. Some other sites show bookings available starting in January. One other one shows none available until March. Who knows for sure??

In this case, Celebrity's website for bookings is the only one that matters.