Would you do Alaska cruise/tour 21 or 2022?

MudderBear

So....2020 obviously was cancelled.  I'm holding a reservation for May 2021, and also have a back up reservation for May 2022.  Wondering if anyone here is going 2021?  Not sure what things will be like?  Are we better off waiting for another year?  We are doing land/cruise.  2021 would be the Coral Princess, 2022 would be the Majestic Princess (which looks amazing, albeit 3500 passengers).

What are any of ya'll doing?

Edited by MudderBear

Princess cancelled our 14-day July cruise to Alaska.  We still have a 7-day August cruise to Alaska that is still on the books.  Keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be cancelled.  With that being said, we have rebooked our cancelled cruise for June 2022.

• Like 1

Our cruise/tour last June was canceled.   I have one booked for June 2021 but don't have my hopes up.  Our 2021 Sapphire cruise was canceled a month ago because the ship was repositioned.   I was not happy since we had great side by side aft cabins with our son.   As soon as I heard, I looked for a replacement ship but the remaining ships doing Alaska were almost sold out and our cabins are at opposite ends of the ship.   I just booked June 2022.  I want this all over.  I feel like I have lost a year of my life and I don't have that many left the way it is. 

• Like 1

Booked on May 10th 2021 -5 day from Vancouver to Vancouver but all rides on Canada opening up the port and Not getting cancelled again!

Will have the vaccine by then because I have 4 medically high risk conditions. All stable thank goodness!

We are booked on a 7 day Emerald Princess trip to and from Seattle in August 2021.  This will be a 50th anniversary celebration and we are taking the entire family (two suites for the kids and grandkids and a club class mini suite for us).  Being doubtful that this cruise will go, we booked an identical trip for 2022 today where we will celebrate our 51st anniversary.

I am a travel agent and have my own next cruise booked for 2022.  I am and have advised clients to skip international travel in 2021 as it will be a "transition" year with many requirements/restriction in place for 2021.  Local travel within the US if OK if after summer.  At least this is what I am telling my clients.

Have just put a May, 2022 booking on hold (Ruby 10-day Inside Passage w/GB) to make up for our May, 2021 cruise which Princess recently cancelled. Had a 2020 7-day booked on the Emerald cancelled in March.

Hopefully this one will be a go...3rd time's  the charm!🤞

43 minutes ago, kaymit said:

I am a travel agent and have my own next cruise booked for 2022.  I am and have advised clients to skip international travel in 2021 as it will be a "transition" year with many requirements/restriction in place for 2021.  Local travel within the US if OK if after summer.  At least this is what I am telling my clients.

Sounds like good advice.

We were book for Alaska Cruisetour 2020 . 10 days land and 7 cruise. It, of course, was cancelled. We rebooked for July 2021. I am optimistic. I will probably cancel if I cannot get the vaccine by then. We are in the high risk group because of age so I am hoping we will  have the vaccine in time. The cruise is one thing but cannot see sharing a bus for 10 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kaymit said:

How do you feel about a Christmas 2021 cruise to the Caribbean? We have a free offer from Celebrity and the latest one on offer is Christmas week. We'd only be going if we'd been vaccinated.

OTTAWA — Canada will not agree to lifting a ban on non-essential travel with the United States until the coronavirus outbreak is significantly under control around the world, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

Trudeau’s comments were a clear indication that the border restrictions will last well into 2021. The two neighbours agreed to the ban in March and have rolled it over on a monthly basis ever since.

There is your answer for Alaska 2021. Looking unlikely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

OTTAWA — Canada will not agree to lifting a ban on non-essential travel with the United States until the coronavirus outbreak is significantly under control around the world, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

Trudeau’s comments were a clear indication that the border restrictions will last well into 2021. The two neighbours agreed to the ban in March and have rolled it over on a monthly basis ever since.

It looks like it might be under control with the roll out of vaccines, so it looks likely to me that by June we might sail.

Edited by cruzsnooze

2022. Hopefully by then I could do my own shore excursions. We've been to the "regular" Alaska ports many times. Why would we want to do an organized ship excursion? We just want to get off the ship, wander around, visit the brew pub, and go back to the ship. With any luck, by 2022 one will be able to do that again.

9 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

How do you feel about a Christmas 2021 cruise to the Caribbean? We have a free offer from Celebrity and the latest one on offer is Christmas week. We'd only be going if we'd been vaccinated.

Book it. You will be vaccinated by then.

12 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

But also possible.  Things can change at anytime. There are several months between now and May.