Did you like the promenade inside cabin??

We enjoyed staying in one on a couple different ships, but I'd suggest to make sure not to get a connecting stateroom unless you're going with family (or even then) - we had one of those and I could hear the neighbors fighting all week long. Definitely much noisier LOL.

Here's a youtube video of 7591 on Adventure someone posted in December 2020:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, waitingtogo said:

thanks for all the opinions. do the curtains block out the light at night.??

They do mostly, and the lights are typically turned down after a certain hour in the promenade. Then, in the morning, there is a sort of "sunrise." We always bring large binder clips to secure the curtain shut, since sometimes they would gap a little or not quite close.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

I’ve never stayed in an inside cabin before (wife is claustrophobic and couldn’t tolerate it without a window) but we tried a promenade room on Liberty once. Wouldn’t do it again. It was so narrow we had to squeeze sideways to pass each other in front of the bed or vanity. The window seat was nothing more than a block of wood with a pillow over it and was too uncomfortable to sit on more than five minutes. We put the table in the closet for a little more floor space but it was just too confining for our likes. 

It has been number of years, but I took my daughters and future son-in-law on a  7n Freedom of the Seas cruise in promenade rooms 7555 and 7563.  The room was small, but like others we did take advantage of window seat.  It gave us a good spot to read rom time to time, stage stuff the next days adventures, and people watch.  Be mindful of curtains and it will be a good alternative to a windowless inside cabin.

We really like the inside Promenade stateroom. A bit more room and a nice view of what is going on down below. Deck 7 gives the best view in my opinion. The curtains do block out the light. We enjoyed watching the last cruise day bargain shoppers below us. The can get rather 'pushy'. On only one cruise did we have noise problem as the band went about 30 minutes long on a performance. One other thing.....you save a bit of money by booking this class of stateroom.

• Like 1

We've stayed in a Promenade room on various occasions.  We had no issue at all with it.  Not a balcony, but fun to look out and see the Promenade.  We actually stayed in one on a New Year's eve cruise and enjoyed watching the festivities without being packed like sardines in the Promenade.  Had wine in our room, ordered room service snacks, and could actually hear most of what was going on due to the speakers being cranked up to the max.  Never heard noise otherwise. 

We have had those cabins twice and have another one booked for our Baltics cruise next year.  The people watching is enjoyable and I liked being able to see the parades and activity without being in the crowd.  I also really enjoyed reading in the window seat.  (I don't imagine people are so desperate for entertainment on a cruise ship that they want to watch me read a book, lol.)   We always booked on Deck 7 (cabins above and below) and have been across from the pub without noise issues.

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

We have had those cabins twice and have another one booked for our Baltics cruise next year.  The people watching is enjoyable and I liked being able to see the parades and activity without being in the crowd.  I also really enjoyed reading in the window seat.  (I don't imagine people are so desperate for entertainment on a cruise ship that they want to watch me read a book, lol.)   We always booked on Deck 7 (cabins above and below) and have been across from the pub without noise issues.

That just might be a thing in the past when cruising first resumes. 🤔

• Like 1

I've stayed in these rooms 3 times.  Twice on Freedom and once on Adventure. In my opinion, they are great rooms for those with young children.  We had connecting rooms on each of these trips.  Mainly because they are cheaper than a balcony and you don't need to worry about your kids doing something stupid.  I learned after my first cruise that the kids went with us that 4 in a balcony room was not my idea of a vacation.  So after that first adventure, I started booking connecting rooms.  Thus the 3 rooms mentioned before.  The boys enjoyed looking out the window and could watch the parades, shows, etc. without the crazy crowds.  For the right price I wouldn't hesitate to book one again.  I've even booked Boardwalk and Central Park rooms on Oasis class and enjoyed it every time.  Nothing beats an ocean balcony of course.  So weigh what is important to you.  Of course, right now if they offered me a stay in the crew cabins I would say "when should I be at the port!".

• Like 1

19 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Warning: The shear doesn't block the inside view, please close the curtain. Please!

so you say we must close the blackout curtain in addition to  the shear?  got it

We did not stay in one, but dear friends we were cruising with did, and swore they would never do so again.  Had to keep their curtains closed all the time, especially at night.  

As another posted...like living in a fish bowl.  😮 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

We did not stay in one, but dear friends we were cruising with did, and swore they would never do so again.  Had to keep their curtains closed all the time, especially at night.  

thanks for the feedback

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

We never have either. I remember someone posted a couple years ago that they liked the inside Promenade cabins because of the natural light. 🤣

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

We have stayed in a few times. We enjoyed them because of the parade and watching the people during events. I don’t remember the light coming through the curtains bothering us. Seeing the people in rooms across from you is like it is when you have an inside balcony. One thing that helps is to just keep your light off.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 10:03 PM, cruzsnooze said:

Do you like living in a fish bowl?

😳 I don’t know about the poster, but not everyone can afford a balcony or they might choose to spend their money elsewhere.

• Like 1