Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

The issue is when the app won't work as many of us are finding - with 38 Princess cruises under my belt I would believe I should be able to board when I get there

The app is horrible. I was NOT referring to those who could not get an arrival time. I was referring to those who get one (stopping another from getting it) and are very late. I'm hoping one of the benefits of having brass on this cruise is that their rose colored glasses break or at least fall off. 

I will plan my arrival for my December cruise to be within the deck hour. It won't come up on that cruuse

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

I am but a humble Platinum and was able to book dining for my March 30, 2022 cruise on the Enchanted Princess.

And I am Elite and can't book reservations for March 2022.  Will this app ever work for everyone?

1 hour ago, memoak said:

The issue is when the app won't work as many of us are finding - with 38 Princess cruises under my belt I would believe I should be able to board when I get there

ANYBODY should be able to do this.

7 hours ago, Doug R. said:

I am but a humble Platinum and was able to book dining for my March 30, 2022 cruise on the Enchanted Princess.

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

And I am Elite and can't book reservations for March 2022.  Will this app ever work for everyone?

The app was a bit glitchy for me.  I was finally able to book our dining (we’re platinum) for our December 2021 cruise.  I logged in on my phone as my mom and booked dining times for us.  But using my phone and my login didn’t work!  Go figure.   We aren’t able to book boarding time yet.  But I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just not available or if it’s the app!

Yes, I just opened up Play Store and to MC App and it downloaded a new version.  The current Android version is 3.0.93251 as of July 24.  Prior version was updated July 12, which was 3.0.92725.

• Guests who have not filled Health Status yet can go Green Lane (assuming other items are good).
  • Fixed address save for those with no linked journeys.
  • Fixed problem where address info would be required to make a res while on a journey.
  • Fixed issue where guests who had multiple journeys (e.g. my B2B2B in OCT 2022) could not make dining res.
  • Various other bug fixes.

I am going to check the DMW now and report back.

ETA:  DMW still Not Available for our B2B2B.

Edited by Steelers36

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I just opened up Play Store and to MC App and it downloaded a new version.  The current Android version is 3.0.93251.  But it still states last updated July 12, which was 3.0.92725.

How is the app working now?

I just updated the app and see the same notations as Steelers36 and Daniel A.

Good news. I now have the emergency airport return and travel plans on my checklist, BUT the travel plans has weirdly and not completely imported EZ air information. I am not going to worry about it. Baby steps. 

Edited by erber
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I just opened up Play Store and to MC App and it downloaded a new version.  The current Android version is 3.0.93251 as of July 24.  Prior version was updated July 12, which was 3.0.92725.

• Guests who have not filled Health Status yet can go Green Lane (assuming other items are good).
  • Fixed address save for those with no linked journeys.
  • Fixed problem where address info would be required to make a res while on a journey.
  • Fixed issue where guests who had multiple journeys (e.g. my B2B2B in OCT 2022) could not make dining res.
  • Various other bug fixes.

I am going to check the DMW now and report back.

ETA:  DMW still Not Available for our B2B2B.

I was past the 20-minute mark to edit.

I am noticing no improvement/changes at all in behavior of MC App after downloading the new version.  I had not experienced the issues above, other than no access to DMW for a B2B2B.

Still do not have access to DMW for that.  Funny thing is (but not so funny), I did have access to DMW when it originally came out.  And then, not, for the multiple B2B2B.  

Edited by Steelers36

It is all so ridiculous. But, it pales in comparison to life's "real" problems.... so I am going to try and go with the flow for now. Hopefully anything that is "required" can be input so I can remain in the green lane... 

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I was past the 20-minute mark to edit.

I am noticing no improvement/changes at all in behavior of MC App after downloading the new version.  I had not experienced the issues above, other than no access to DMW for a B2B2B.

Still do not have access to DMW for that.  Funny thing is (but not so funny), I did have access to DMW when it originally came out.  And then, not, for the multiple B2B2B.  

I also had access to DMW when it was first introduced but somewhere along the way lost it. Today I was finally able to make DMW reservations for all 8 of my upcoming trips including a B2B2B.   Fingers Crossed that those reservations are here to stay 🙂

Hopefully it is worked out for Android soon. 

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

I also had access to DMW when it was first introduced but somewhere along the way lost it. Today I was finally able to make DMW reservations for all 8 of my upcoming trips including a B2B2B.   Fingers Crossed that those reservations are here to stay 🙂

Hopefully it is worked out for Android soon. 

What is the date of your B2B2B?  Our is OCT 1/8/15, 2022.  Thanks.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

What is the date of your B2B2B?  Our is OCT 1/8/15, 2022.  Thanks.

I have just a B2B planned for Dec 2021, January 2022 and

a B2B2B April 2022

And was able to book DMW for all of them today. 

Just now, Jadn13 said:

I have just a B2B planned for Dec 2021, January 2022 and

a B2B2B April 2022

And was able to book DMW for all of them today. 

I am going to hope my data is not messed up and they have rolled it out by date range and, eventually, OCT 2022 will also work.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know about the new update.  Now under Personal Information, Travel information, Home airport now show up that we did not have before.

I reinstalled.  It comes on and when I go into a section it shut down.  I have to do a few times.

If I log in with my Princess log in, My picture is the only one showing (not with cabin mate) with Security photo, Profile photo, pin code only.

If I log in for my cabin mate , both our pictures show up and I can complete information for both.

• Like 1

I had to old app, but it wasn't working right so I uninstalled it.  I was going to reinstall but when I search for it in google app store, it doesn't find the app.  Went to the email I had received with the direct link from Princess and get "your device isn't compatible with this version" message.  My phone works good so I'm not replacing it.  I have an LG android phone, I keep it updated and it has no available updates at this time.  I've emailed the email listed on the app and no reply.   This is so frustrating.  Our cruise got pushed until next year so there is still time, but it would be nice if they would answer emails as it been over a week now.  Has anybody seen a list somewhere that says what phones their app works on, I've looked an not seen anything. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, utahkid said:

I had to old app, but it wasn't working right so I uninstalled it.  I was going to reinstall but when I search for it in google app store, it doesn't find the app.  Went to the email I had received with the direct link from Princess and get "your device isn't compatible with this version" message.  My phone works good so I'm not replacing it.  I have an LG android phone, I keep it updated and it has no available updates at this time.  I've emailed the email listed on the app and no reply.   This is so frustrating.  Our cruise got pushed until next year so there is still time, but it would be nice if they would answer emails as it been over a week now.  Has anybody seen a list somewhere that says what phones their app works on, I've looked an not seen anything. 

I only have an ios operating system but in the App store you can read compatibility.

See if a list is available in the play store. I’ll try to do some research for you as well.

For ios

32340110-A72F-4867-83A2-9447B83F8DE0.jpeg

1 hour ago, phabric said:

If I log in with my Princess log in, My picture is the only one showing (not with cabin mate) with Security photo, Profile photo, pin code only.

If I log in for my cabin mate , both our pictures show up and I can complete information for both.

Support person said logging in with Booking number seemed to work more reliably. This was before new app update. I had the problem with just one photo an Support fixed it after pushing a question up stream.

13 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Support person said logging in with Booking number seemed to work more reliably. This was before new app update. I had the problem with just one photo an Support fixed it after pushing a question up stream.

With today’s update, still if I log in with Princess log in or my booking number, I only have under Personal Information- security photo, profile photo and pin code for myself only.

If I log in with cabin mate with the same booking number both of us show up.  I am using cabin mate log in as she doesn’t have a phone/Ipad and I do all the cruise bookings.

Today, Emergency Airport now shows, I can input Toronto, Canada YYZ for myself and it will not accept my cabin mate for May 2022.  We live in the same city.  It will accept YYZ for both for Sept 2022.

14 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

The app was a bit glitchy for me.  I was finally able to book our dining (we’re platinum) for our December 2021 cruise.  I logged in on my phone as my mom and booked dining times for us.  But using my phone and my login didn’t work!  Go figure.   We aren’t able to book boarding time yet.  But I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just not available or if it’s the app!

My wife and I got new "smart" Samsung Galaxy A11 phones March 2021. They are identical. Hers works with MOST of the MedallionClass app features, including scheduling our dinning times and MDR. However, mine does not. I have deleted, downloaded and re-installed the app on my phone three times now. I only can hope her phone continues to work and that I will not need my phone for our cruise.

Our cruise is February 2022. 

Doug

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Doug R. said:

I am also a humble Platinum. But when I try to book dining for my July 2022 Alaska cruise, all I get is "Dine My Way is not available right now". 

• Thanks 1

Just went through app and everything seems to be working and did not lose any data.  We have a cruise in March 2022 and it still will not let us chose our Arrival & Departure Groups, it states it will be available closer to the start of our journey.  It looks like we will not be able to complete Health Status on at least 10 days be for departure.  I was glad it explained what was need to prove we were vaccinated.  I was afraid that with people forging these CIVID CDC cards that we would need additional proof of vaccination.