The Daily for Tuesday November 16, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Just a quick update on Roy:

He is going to be in hospital overnight at least.  They found some fluid in the place I won’t mention and he is on antibiotics - they are doing testing and may drain the fluid.

He just got moved out of the ER and is in a regular room, thankfully.

In accordance with his wishes I will do my best to update the care & celebration list tomorrow.  I don’t have his rotation list so forgive what gets missed. I have an early appointment tomorrow but will do my best to get it done before I go.

Thank you Jacqui!

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Where did you order them from?

I ordered from https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

This site was mentioned in the Daily thread on Sunday, and also the thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2800711-question-re-abbott-binaxnow-testing/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, richwmn said:

Thank you Rich, I must have missed it on the Daily. I haven’t read the other thread yet so I appreciate it. 

• Like 2

Good evening, thanks for the Daily!

Our prayers are with you, Roy, for a short productive hospital stay.

And the same for Graham tomorrow.

Once again, thank you for all of the great pictures of another place we've never been. We always enjoy seeing the world through your eyes.

As always, our prayers for those with a need, and congratulations to those with a cause.

Everyone please stay safe and healthy, and have a wonderful tomorrow.

Lori & George

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening everyone!  I’m late today, got caught up with other things. It was fun watching the Eurodam sail away and then the Nieuw Statendam. 

Roy @rafinmd please get better fast and no more pains in the butts. Hopefully your breakfast tomorrow will be better than the meatloaf. Thank you to @kazu for helping you with the Care and Celebration list. 

Happy Anniversary to @*Miss G* and DH. 

Bon Voyage to those sailing. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s alternate menu selection (not).  The main course is proported to be turkey meatloaf.  Actually after 22 hours I was glad to have it.

Roy

166E8E45-DC3B-4DDB-96CA-22A3A34B6309.jpeg

Isn't it sad when you don't recognize the food and have to look it up?   

c9c579dc9b92cc20f94b0b00746334b1.jpg.8e2fff925759ea4711d1962363be4118.jpg

Thank you @kazufor filling in for Roy.  

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s alternate menu selection (not).  The main course is proported to be turkey meatloaf.  Actually after 22 hours I was glad to have it.

Roy

Not quite the usual alternate!  DH had surgery a few years ago and I thought he would leave the hospital when they brought him this! 

image.thumb.jpeg.5e45c7c7e6d562c0533017bccee875e1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Another busy day here on the daily thread, thanks for all the reports.

Have not been to today's port, thanks to all who posted the photos, looks a lovely place to visit, the cats are very cute.

@rafinmd Roy, so sorry to read that you are in hospital, hope the next food they give you will be more appetising.

@RSWBADGER Bon Voyage.

A grey day here, with rain this afternoon, temperature 13 C.

Today marks 100 years since the first Radio programme was Broadcast here in New Zealand.

Stay safe ,take care everyone.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Not quite the usual alternate!  DH had surgery a few years ago and I thought he would leave the hospital when they brought him this! 

image.thumb.jpeg.5e45c7c7e6d562c0533017bccee875e1.jpeg

It seems hospital food is abominable in many places.

If it makes any of you feel better, I was on a fast until they gave the word, day after day there was no operation so I got the leftovers.  Ugh.  Loaded with gravy and totally inedible.  Imagine fasting all day and not eating dinner 😱 

• Like 8