On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love self assist. Walk off when I'm ready and no search for luggage.

When we walked into the luggage room we saw are luggage right away.  Same in Miami.   I love the facial recognition check out when leaving. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Chops is empty. 3 tables. Laura said everyone was in walk off line on 5 at 6am

Saw Laura on deck 5.

We got in line about 6:15 with surprisingly few in line. Maybe 15 or so in front of us. Have no idea what time the line started.  They created two separate lines and carry off was incredibly fast. The customs face recognition is a wonderful enhancement. 

We gave up breakfast to get an early start of a 7-8 hour drive home. Planning to arrive home in between the melting of an early morning ice storm and possible re freezing later in the late afternoon. 

m

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Always leery of that, that someone is going to steal our luggage since some bags looks alike.

That's always in the back of my mind, but 30 cruises and not one missing bag.  We usually take three.  I have fabric tied on our bags that is pretty unique-it's over 30 years old so not being made anymore, plus we have unique luggage tags from DH's old company.  They used to take us on trips every year and gave everyone luggage tags for each trip.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So are there any this week, 1/16, pax going to be taking us along this week?  No need for it to stop just because some of us got off today. 

I would give it a shot but I don't know if I have the attention span to keep up with it over here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

We comment at the beginning of the cruise, asking 'How can everyone be so excited to board early, and then fight to be the first in line to get off the ship when it's over'....and then we find ourselves on day 7 doing the same.  😅 

Long drive home (7-8 hours) and this time trying to work around an unusual winter ice storm. (We want to be home sometime during the afternoon melt and prior to the evening re freeze. 

On the weekend cruises locals need to get of early to get to work on Monday. 

m

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Always leery of that, that someone is going to steal our luggage since some bags looks alike.

I have a very bad experience with just that -- only I mistook someone else's luggage for mine on a cruise after the restart.  I had walked outside and was calling Uber when I realized the luggage I had was not mine (looked exactly the same).  I went to the rep outside the terminal to explain.  The Royal rep called security inside and was told that I could not go back into the terminal (new rules as per Homeland Security) that the rep would have to go inside for me and do the exchange.  I said no problem I'll wait here. I asked how long it would take and the rep said I had to wait until the last passenger was off the ship.  I said no problem again and asked how long.  Three hours he told me.  I nearly died....it was back in Sept so it was the hottest and muggiest three f(ing) hours I've ever spent outside a cruise terminal. From now on I will carry off my luggage.  Lesson learned.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I have a very bad experience with just that -- only I mistook someone else's luggage for mine on a cruise after the restart.  I had walked outside and was calling Uber when I realized the luggage I had was not mine (looked exactly the same).  I went to the rep outside the terminal to explain.  The Royal rep called security inside and was told that I could not go back into the terminal (new rules as per Homeland Security) that the rep would have to go inside for me and do the exchange.  I said no problem I'll wait here. I asked how long it would take and the rep said I had to wait until the last passenger was off the ship.  I said no problem again and asked how long.  Three hours he told me.  I nearly died....it was back in Sept so it was the hottest and muggiest three f(ing) hours I've ever spent outside a cruise terminal. From now on I will carry off my luggage.  Lesson learned.

I know what you are talking about...........carrying off took the stairs, because elevators were packed. Lost my flip cell phone on the stairs I thought. We were already outside waiting for cab, like you they would not let us back in, said if somebody finds it they will send it to you.......

Yeah like that was going to happen..............this was many , many years ago.

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We lost our big suitcase a few years ago on Liberty out of Galveston.  Never did find it.  Now we ALWAYS carry our own off.  I like to think it was not "stolen" but just a case of mistaken identity that was never rectified. 

Wow I'm surprised someone never returned it.  I was glad I discovered my mistake and was able to rectify it before I got home.  Had I gotten home and discovered the mistake I would have made a beeline back to the terminal to return it and get my own luggage.  I hope you didn't lose too much -- were you reimbursed for the lost luggage?

I remember our first cruise back in 2002.  We "forgot" (in-laws forgot)  a bag in Vancouver Cruise terminal returning from an Alaskan cruise.  Got all the way to the airport when we realized it.  I went back to retrieve it laughing all the way thinking the RCMP are going to blow it up as it was a "suspicious package" left alone.  Alas, it was outside with the dock workers and I was able to grab it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

were you reimbursed for the lost luggage?

That's a funny (sort of) story.  The cruise line offered me $300 and I told them to shove it...the suitcase alone was more than that. This offer was made, AFTER they asked for a detailed expense report, which I had provided to them...and then they still only offered me the minimum for a piece of lost luggage.  I did have travel insurance but I didn't waste my time.  I just sucked it up.  I know that makes no sense...but it's just my stubbornness I guess.

The BIG suitcase, on the return home, is always the dirty clothes suitcase so luckily all they got was a bag full of dirty clothes along with the collapsible laundry basket (which I loved !  The one I got to replace it isn't nearly as nice).  There were a few odds and ends in there but nothing of real value (to me).  The suitcase itself was the real loss...it was a very expensive piece of lifetime guaranteed Travel Pro which you can not even get any longer (at least, I was not able to replace it at the time).  I got another piece of TP but it does not have a lifetime guarantee.

• Haha 1

Years go, one of Andy's co-workers took her cats with her on a trip to Maine.  While she was there, one of the cats died.  She wanted to bury the cat at home in Virginia, so she got an insulated boxed used to ship lobsters, clearly labeled "Fresh Maine Lobster." She checked the box as luggage on an airline, but the box somehow disappeared on its way to Virginia.  Someone apparently thought they would love to have a box of lobsters.  Imagine the look on their faces when they opened it, only to find a dead cat! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

Diamond Plus can have breakfast at Chops daily, could you please confirm 🙂 

Really? Would be awesome but never heard of this. 

I do remember some room off the Mdr where we used to be able to have breakfast, but want at chops. They had specialty coffee in there and better service but same menu. No idea how many years ago that was. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Really? Would be awesome but never heard of this. 

I do remember some room off the Mdr where we used to be able to have breakfast, but want at chops. They had specialty coffee in there and better service but same menu. No idea how many years ago that was. 

I am trying to get confirmation of this perk

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Early luggage tag, walk off later your luggage is easy to find.

Red tag, walk off whenever, luggage close to door😉

I need to start selling them🤑

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I had a similar experience some years ago when sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.  Was in such a hurry to make my transportation that I mistook a bag for mine.  Did not realize until I got outside the terminal and discovered that the color of my bag was a tad off in natural light.  Like you I approached Custom officials standing outside.  I was a bit embarrassed.  They took the bag, but would not allow me to enter the terminal and retrieve mine.

Made arrangements with RCL staff and they gave a number to call.  The person taht I spoke to,  I believe was located in Seattle at that time, instructed me that it was being shipped via FedEx and payment was due then.   Unfortunately. they never told me that when FedEx delivered my bag that I needed a bank check or postal money order as payment method.  No cash, personal checks or credit cards.  The person had to come back the next day.

Now. I've got all sorts of pom pons adorning my bags.🤪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So much easier just walking off

Not our experience. Crowded, lines, shoulder to shoulder. I agree with @Ourusualbeach , get an early tag let them deal with my bags, walk off 1/2 hour later, more leisurely breakfast. 

Hopefully everyone wants to self embark —— even less people and really easy to find bags.

mac_tlc

• Like 1