To all those asking if they are enforcing assigned boarding times.

rockmom

I'm boarding Navigator today and yesterday I received an email about sticking to my assigned boarding time.  Just now I got a text saying the same thing. I do have the earliest time (10:30) so I won't likely see how this all plays out, but you may want to stick to your assigned time if you don't want to be turned away and then end up standing somewhere in the hot sun, the rain, whatever.  

boarding time.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have gotten those on the past several sailings out of PC and have NEVER seen them enforce boarding times other than once inside they board by boarding times

Yah same for Cape Liberty - 3 cruises post pandemic so far, and all 3 we received a message like this. But when you get to the terminal they're telling people standing outside waiting for their timeslots to just "come on in"

We were on Mariner out of Pt Canaveral in June.  We arrived an hour early because we had to check out of our hotel room by 11am.  Our check in time was 1pm.  We dropped off luggage, parked on the second deck and walked into the terminal.  No one looked at our check in time.  No one checked our Immunization cards.  They did check our test results but only looked for the date taken and 'negative'. 

It took maybe 10 minutes to go thru the metal detector.

We checked in at the counter and were on the ship within a half hour.  We were immediately directed to our muster station where we checked in via the RC app.  We had lunch in the Windjammer and were in our room by 1:05.  Easy. 

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whether you show up at 9:30 or 10:15 you will board at the same time.  Boarding wont start before 10:30

That's what I was thinking. Never been to the Miami terminal before.

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

I'm boarding Navigator today and yesterday I received an email about sticking to my assigned boarding time.  Just now I got a text saying the same thing. I do have the earliest time (10:30) so I won't likely see how this all plays out, but you may want to stick to your assigned time if you don't want to be turned away and then end up standing somewhere in the hot sun, the rain, whatever.  

boarding time.jpg

not sure how California is, but will tell you 100%, Freedom out of Miami could care less.  They never check your boarding time and we get those same emails.  You are seated in the waiting lounge as you coming after you check in.  Once boarding starts, you board by row and no one cares a bit what you actual boarding time was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, poocher said:

That isn’t a boarding time, it’s an arrival time.  There’s a difference.

I get confused because everybody always says boarding time. It’s check in time, right? Boarding could start at anytime, depending on what might or might not happen on the ship. I have been in a couple of situations when boarding didn’t actually begin until 2pm, because of inspections. 

• Like 2

It is the time you are supposed to arrive at the terminal. Once checked in, BOARDING is based on when the ship is cleared, cabin type, C & A status, the price of butter on Tuesday etc, etc, etc.  A 10:30 arrival time DOES NOT mean you board at 10:30.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I get confused because everybody always says boarding time. It’s check in time, right? Boarding could start at anytime, depending on what might or might not happen on the ship. I have been in a couple of situations when boarding didn’t actually begin until 2pm, because of inspections. 

Yes, I see that error all the time on here. It's not the boarding time. Even with The Key, people misinterpret the language as well. 

• Like 1

I can verify that they do stick to boarding times, at least in NJ.  When I sailed in April, if you showed up before your assigned boarding time, they made you wait outside.  If you showed up after your assigned boarding time and tried to cut the line, they made you wait at the end of the line.

18 hours ago, George C said:

Suites can board early 

If you are in a suite and have the 10:30 first check in time....doors don't open an hour earlier than that.  

But indeed suites will board earlier than others once boarding actually begins.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I can verify that they do stick to boarding times, at least in NJ.  

Good to know for anyone sailing from there. For our 10 Fl cruises since restart, (PC, PE, Mia, Tpa) we were never questioned on ‘assigned check-in time’ (although have heard of some getting asked). 

Edited by bucfan2

20 hours ago, Janet524 said:

Guess it depends on the port.  Baltimore has been very strict about arrival/check in times.

we experienced the same thing.  Our boarding time was 10-10:30 and as we walked up, at 10:15, someone with a boarding time at 11 was told they needed to wait.  

• Like 1

Getting on Allure right now. Line is huge at 10 am. We had a 10:30 check in. Not a single person asked about our check in time. 

The line did move at a really good pace and we are currently in the holding area waiting for them to open the boarding. 🚢