The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 24th, 2023

rafinmd

@Red Haired Lady I'm fairly certain that a friend of mine was on that cruise.  Did you ever see a woman in the pool area working on Cross Stitch.  She is British and her name is Flo.  If I recall correctly that cruise ended up being longer than expected as they had problems finding a port that would allow all of the passengers to disembark due to Covid just starting. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, 4966and556 said:

@Red Haired Lady I'm fairly certain that a friend of mine was on that cruise.  Did you ever see a woman in the pool area working on Cross Stitch.  She is British and her name is Flo.  If I recall correctly that cruise ended up being longer than expected as they had problems finding a port that would allow all of the passengers to disembark due to Covid just starting. 

My cruise ended as planned on Jan 20, 2020 in Auckland.  Covid was just making the headlines with the outbreak in the Seattle nursing home if I remember correctly.  No problem getting back.  

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Beer cans are ok, and some collect them, but I prefer beer in bottles. We should pay compliments and have a belly laugh daily. I like the quote. The meal sounds good (but carb laden), although it's rotisserie chicken here tonight. Yes on the drink and the cab sauv. Since my liver enzymes are now almost back to normal, I can indulge in the occasional glass of vino.

I have been to Australia, but haven't been to Norfolk Island.

Today is a dry and cool day, so I ran to the big box store this morning. We're under a winter weather watch, with snow coming early tomorrow (1-3"), followed by sleet as temps go up, and finally rain. Snow showers Thursday and Friday. I'm hoping Thursday roads will be ok for my drive to the eye doctor. 

@Cruising-along HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So nice that the family facetimed you from Thailand, and it sounds like they are having a great time. And woohoo on DH's last bladder cancer treatment. Good to hear your test results were good.

@rafinmd Thanks for starting us up and our lists.

@kazu I'm glad you're safely inside, with your weather. Great memes and deer pictures.

@grapau27 I'm glad  Sarah is getting her injection soon.

@ottahand7 Enjoy Puerto Montt. The food looks good. 

@RedneckBob 👏 👏

@marshhawk I'm glad you were able to get the fan, and the piano! Groan on the jokes, lol.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@RMLincoln The concert at the Kennedy Center sounds like fun. Prayers for DH's eye situation.

@Red Haired Lady Thanks for the photos from your sail-by of Norfolk Island.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Those beer can birds are great. 

@ssawjo Welcome to the Daily!

@Vict0riann Good news on the tests, and that you can keep your appointment. I hope the cough resolves or you find the cause. Love the beer can biplane.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Beer cans are ok, and some collect them, but I prefer beer in bottles. We should pay compliments and have a belly laugh daily. I like the quote. The meal sounds good (but carb laden), although it's rotisserie chicken here tonight. Yes on the drink and the cab sauv. Since my liver enzymes are now almost back to normal, I can indulge in the occasional glass of vino.

Today is a dry and cool day, so I ran to the big box store this morning. We're under a winter weather watch, with snow coming early tomorrow (1-3"), followed by sleet as temps go up, and finally rain. Snow showers Thursday and Friday. I'm hoping Thursday roads will be ok for my drive to the eye doctor. 

@Cruising-along HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So nice that the family facetimed you from Thailand, and it sounds like they are having a great time. And woohoo on DH's last bladder cancer treatment. Good to hear your test results were good.

@kazu I'm glad you're safely inside, with your weather. Great memes and deer pictures.

@RedneckBob 👏 👏

@marshhawk I'm glad you were able to get the fan, and the piano! Groan on the jokes, lol.

@RMLincoln The concert at the Kennedy Center sounds like fun. Prayers for DH's eye situation.

@Vict0riann Good news on the tests, and that you can keep your appointment. I hope the cough resolves or you find the cause. Love the beer can biplane.

Stay well everyone.

I can’t tell if you are clapping for my performance or praying I stop posting on this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Our rain stopped about an hour ago, and we received 1 1/2 inches of much needed rain.  It is still cloudy and windy, and we should get more passing rain between 6 and 7 tonight.  Right now, it is 44F and feels like 37F because of the north wind.  I'm debating bundling up and trying to walk to the mailbox or just wait until tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!
My day has started out in the best way, DD,  DSIL and the grandsons Face Timed with me from Thailand to say happy birthday!  I wasn't expecting that, now I'll be smiling all day. 🙂  I had just rolled out of bed and looked atrocious, and it was 11pm there so the boys were barely awake.

They're having an amazing time over there, I'm sure the boys will never forget this trip.  Yesterday they got to feed and bathe elephants, they're learning about new foods and customs, and doing a lot of swimming.

Today is DH's last bladder cancer treatment (hurray!!!) so we won't be going anywhere but I'm fine with that.  Looking forward to a quiet day at home, maybe some cruise planning.  We got some take-out last night that will be enough for tonight too, so I won't be cooking.

I've gotten all my lab results now and am generally happy with everything except one area.  Will wait and see what my doctor says, but I'm wondering if the reason is when I was so sick last month for several weeks.  That makes sense to me, and nothing else has changed in my lifestyle.  Diabetic, cholesterol and the rest were all good.

Have a great day everyone!

Carolyn, I forgot to mention how nice it was for your family to facetime you this morning with birthday wishes.  I know both of you are glad the bladder treatments are now history.  I hope he gets to feeling better soon.  Good news that all your tests except one were normal.  I hope the other one is not a problem, but as you suspect was caused by the illness last month.

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites.   My compliments to all!  Happy birthday to @Cruising-along.   We tested ourselves this morning, and we're both negative, so we're allowed to go to the doctor to get zapped.  I am SO looking forward to it, as the bumps on my lower back are  itchy and sting, and keep me awake.    I am still coughing, although I think the "cold" is pretty well over, so I'm not sure if it's the cold, my blood pressure meds, or reflux!  Oh, well, time will tell.  

We haven't been to Norfolk Island, but we have Australian friends who go there often for a holiday.  They love it.  Chili, and mac and cheese are two things we don't eat.  I'm not sure why, probably because they are not Irish.  

I do have a beer can biplane, made for us many years ago by a bartender, Michael, on a dam ship.  IMG_2515.thumb.jpeg.c1e0347d99047f1f0cbfd999596010fd.jpeg

Ann, good news on the negative tests.  I also liked the beer can biplane.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@RedneckBob 👏 👏

Stay well everyone.

Vanessa, I'm glad your sacrifice has paid off and the liver enzymes are almost back to normal.  Enjoy your occasional glass of wine.  🍷  🤞 Fingers crossed that the roads will be good Thursday when you go to the eye doctor.  I like the beer can birds, and I'm always amazed at what they can do with ordinary items.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ssawjo said:

Cat Shepard,

I really enjoy wine from this particular South Africa vineyard.  However, I have not been able to source any in the US.  Do you have or know of any distributors that have this wine or any of their whites?  You can email me at ssawjo at cox dot net if you prefer.  

Thanks much,

Bill O

Good evening.

Welcome to the Daily.

I hope you find the wine you want.

Graham.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Our rain stopped about an hour ago, and we received 1 1/2 inches of much needed rain.  It is still cloudy and windy, and we should get more passing rain between 6 and 7 tonight.  Right now, it is 44F and feels like 37F because of the north wind.  I'm debating bundling up and trying to walk to the mailbox or just wait until tomorrow.

Carolyn, I forgot to mention how nice it was for your family to facetime you this morning with birthday wishes.  I know both of you are glad the bladder treatments are now history.  I hope he gets to feeling better soon.  Good news that all your tests except one were normal.  I hope the other one is not a problem, but as you suspect was caused by the illness last month.

Ann, good news on the negative tests.  I also liked the beer can biplane.

Vanessa, I'm glad your sacrifice has paid off and the liver enzymes are almost back to normal.  Enjoy your occasional glass of wine.  🍷  🤞 Fingers crossed that the roads will be good Thursday when you go to the eye doctor.  I like the beer can birds, and I'm always amazed at what they can do with ordinary items.

Lenda

+1.

• Like 5

@Cruising-along congratulations on DH’s last treatment 🔔. I hope he got to ring the bell!  That was a big day for us after 39 radiation treatments for prostate cancer. We went to Houston in 2020 to MD Anderson, stayed 15 weeks!  COVID started while we were there but they didn’t miss a treatment. What a time of uncertainty. 

@rafinmd Condolences to the Baltimore Fire Family. I’ve rung the 4 5s too many times😢. Makes me cry even now just thinking about it…. 

Thank you for the 🙏. Just getting the complex eye surgery and pre-op physical has taken a set of miracles!  We’re working around a family cruise on Rotterdam Feb 25-Mar 8, there’ll be 8 of us. Plus 3 day drive here to Ft Lauderdale then back. Pre -op physical has to be within 30 days. Results have to be faxed 7 days or more prior to surgery. The math got complicated. First date for surgery got nixed by the surgeon… scheduler then became inaccessible!  But we’re set up now, hoping we can stay well enough through all that’ll be in-between!  Amazing we’ve made it this far 🤣

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for for today’s report.  Today was an in office day and when I got home tonight the sun cleared the snow from the driveway.  @dfish all of the recipes appeal to me, thank you.  Tonight we had leftover roast beef, we try and have leftovers for my in office days.  I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

image.png.a4be7243044cee8e7c7fed5b5358c832.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Cruising-along Happy Birthday Carolyn! 

Aloha Koningsdam, it’s been awhile!  @DeeniEncinitas@sailingdutchy

FDDCADFE-27CF-492F-96F9-80573997D314.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! 
First and foremost I am very much alive LOL.

Thanks bennybear ! When we cruise I usually 

not get in CC. Enjoying 

our cruise. When in Maui we drove to our home next to Maui Kaanapali Villas. Had lunch at CastAways saw our friends and then went to our home to check on things! Our Gardner was there and all is good! Nice weather.

Neptune suite is great! 
nice food in Neptune lounge no complaints.

🌺Mahalo 

Denise😊

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! 
First and foremost I am very much alive LOL.

Thanks bennybear ! When we cruise I usually 

not get in CC. Enjoying 

our cruise. When in Maui we drove to our home next to Maui Kaanapali Villas. Had lunch at CastAways saw our friends and then went to our home to check on things! Our Gardner was there and all is good! Nice weather.

Neptune suite is great! 
nice food in Neptune lounge no complaints.

🌺Mahalo 

Denise😊

Aloha Denise!!

So happy to know you are safe and sound on the Konigsdam. We will be on her February 18th for the Hawaii Tahiti Cruise. I'm glad you were able to visit your home and see your friends. Our last night on Rotterdam. Going home tomorrow. It is bittersweet. Love to you my dear sister.

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Spelling
  • Like 12

It has been a lazy, quiet birthday for me.  Just perfect.  The day started with a Face Time from DD, DSIL and the grandsons who are in Thailand, and ended with a visit from our son who brought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. 🙂  He and DDIL got me a rose bush on Saturday, but he said now I don't have to wait for it to bloom. 😉  

I appreciated the birthday greetings here, thank you!

• Like 22

Good evening. The low temperature this morning was 25F and chilly all day. Blue had his final post op appointment today for his dental surgery and then I ran into two stores to buy some things DM needs while Craig stayed in the car with him. I’m taking DM to the bank tomorrow so wanted to get her shopping done. 

Like @SJSULIBRARIAN said yesterday we had snow flurries but in my area it lasted about 90 minutes. It wasn’t enough to get a good picture though. I’ve lived here since 1972 and we do get snow every few years.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, thank you for the correction yesterday about Patricia. I don’t know how I got mixed up. 

Carolyn @Cruising-along, I am so sorry about Patricia’s passing. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family at this time.  Also, I used to have a video tape of GWTW but gave it to my DD. I really enjoyed it yesterday and couldn’t help but get choked up and teary when Melanie died. 

Graham @grapau27, congratulations on the new cruise booking!

Now I need to catch up with today’s Daily. Have a good evening. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I do have a beer can biplane, made for us many years ago by a bartender, Michael, on a dam ship. 

I gave my mom an airplane/biplane made from Coors Lite can(s); its propeller even turned in the wind! Do not know if it's out there in the snow, now, or if she brought it in...

Hey I am glad to see you on here! Wasn't sure if this (the Daily) was the place to be posting (it didn't seem I should start a thread as I have no questions)... but we have a new booking! 

We purchased $300 (x2) FCDs on our recent B2B, only to have them "launch" 2024 New England before we were even settled it. We are going on the 24-day Canada, New England & Iceland sailing July 27 2024, and the reason I tagged you is -- we will have 3365 on the Volendam! The cabin your photos are up on CDP and HalFacts! We get OBC for using the FCDs, for being just back from a cruise, and for it being "early booking"! Later we will add Stock Owners' OBC! 

Also our points came through, and we are now Four Star Mariners! I may have to lay down I am so giddy.

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I gave my mom an airplane/biplane made from Coors Lite can(s); its propeller even turned in the wind! Do not know if it's out there in the snow, now, or if she brought it in...

Hey I am glad to see you on here! Wasn't sure if this (the Daily) was the place to be posting (it didn't seem I should start a thread as I have no questions)... but we have a new booking! 

We purchased $300 (x2) FCDs on our recent B2B, only to have them "launch" 2024 New England before we were even settled it. We are going on the 24-day Canada, New England & Iceland sailing July 27 2024, and the reason I tagged you is -- we will have 3365 on the Volendam! The cabin your photos are up on CDP and HalFacts! We get OBC for using the FCDs, for being just back from a cruise, and for it being "early booking"! Later we will add Stock Owners' OBC! 

Also our points came through, and we are now Four Star Mariners! I may have to lay down I am so giddy.

Sounds like a great deal.  And, yes, the Daily is a great place to post that as we all like to hear about what others are planning and be able to congratulate them!

• Like 12