The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 21st, 2024

Good morning everyone.  A nice morning here, the birds seem pleased with it.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  I’ll try and research the industrial uses of hemp.  Yum, chocolate covered cashews.  I remember milk, graham crackers and naps from Kindergarten.  Funny quote.  I think the meal and drink suggestions sound delicious.  We were in today’s port on a bird watching excursion sixteen years ago.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you, and there are many, who are celebrating happy events today! 🍾🎉🛳️👋

• Like 27

Posted (edited)

I love chocolate covered cashews and fondly remember kindergarten led by Mrs Kunkle. 

Yes to the meal (ham & cornbread also sound like a winner - what time is dinner @Seasick Sailor?), would try the drink, pass on the wine, not been to the port.

Elvis certainly helped change the music world.

The northern lights volcano picture is beautiful  @0106.

So thrilled Tana was able to enjoy family dinner @smitty34877.

Today is visiting w/grand - we'll be gone for her birthday (the adorable but trying 2 yo) so we're delivering books & bubbles to her today.

Rains finally stopped & not due to return until Thurs night, currently 52° headed to 66°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240421_073906.thumb.jpg.cd9bf8ed49744a332043fd2d0c78e3d6.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Maybe some sun today and a bit chilly. Will be working in the yard today. Oh, and I may have jury duty tomorrow. 

Bon voyage to @kazu and @VMax1700.

Bon Voyage Funny Quotes. QuotesGram | Journey quotes, Bon voyage quotes ...

Happy birthday to @sailingdutchy.

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Happy anniversary @bennybear.

Image result for happy anniversary cat memes

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

50+ Funny Happy Sunday Memes That Are Perfect for Lazy Sundays

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Thank you @grapau27for bring us Father David again this week.  I really do appreciate you for doing that, and for him to bring the message to us sheep.

Well over the past few days, I was so excited about the kittens, I wasn't spending any time on my injuries, and yesterday my left foot was so swollen I could barely put on my sandal. I poked my foot, and really couldn't feel it. So I did what I should have done since Tuesday, I slept on the sofa with my foot raised, and yes, this morning the swelling had gone down. The sandal now goes on the foot, but the leg still hurts. Guess I will actually take one of the Aleve's I bought....

No walking in the woods today, it started raining at midnight with some BIG rumbles of thunder, the temperatures actually starting dropping before the rain, but it is still raining.  The computer says it's 53 degrees and dropping down into the 40's tonight.  The heater is on, on the porch, and the kittens were all sound asleep when I checked on them. I have them now controlled in a box.

I was a kindergarten teacher, in an inner city school in the early 80's.  Full day 27 kids. But there was nap time. But I was always sick, the kids brought me every illness they had.  I left after 1 year and went into customer service, and have been doing that since 1983.  Sales and customer service.  I know I went to kindergarten, but remember nursery school better...

@smitty34877I was very happy to read that Tana had dinner at the table with everyone last night.  I hope it was not too much for her, and she has another good day today.  Enjoy being with your family!

@ger_77I was enjoying your snow, even though you have had your fill.  It reminded me of when I lived in MN, woke up on a May 7th saw that it was snowing and thought it was a dream, and went back to sleep.  I didn't make it to work that day. .

Well I need to wake up DH, and ask if I can steal a donut from him, as we ate today's breakfast for dinner last night.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes , so far we had a wonderful day on board ship in Rotterdam where I was ably to bring my nephew and his family on the Nieuw Statendam for a wonderful visit and a nice little lunch together . We are a little delayed with our departure because this morning environment protesters had blocked the cruise terminal so some tours were late and people were half an hour or more late to get off the ship .

thank you also for the good wishes for DW birthday on the 18th , I think the last 7 years both our BDs have been on board a BHB !!

looking forward to a very nice itinerary to the Canary Islands .

best wishes to all the Daily Friends

tony 😍 

• Like 28

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Lately I'm seeing more products with hemp in them - a viable alternative crop for farmers not far from here.  Our small town didn't have Kindergarten so I went from home right into grade 1.  I love cashews and I love chocolate, so when you put them together ***YUMMY***

So many wonderful celebrations today:

@kazuBon Voyage; I hope you and your BFF have a wonderful time!

@VMax1700Bon Voyage - have a great cruise!

@bennybearWishing you and DH a Happy Golden Anniversary!

@sailingdutchyHappy Birthday with many happy and healthy returns of the day!

@smitty34877so happy to hear Tana was able to sit with the family for dinner - baby steps!

The sun is shining brightly this morning and although we're currently only at -1C, the predicted high is +15(59F), so that will help melt down the snow we have over the past few days.  Under the snow is green grass, which I'm sure will be helped with the additional moisture, so I can't complain too much.

Not a lot happening for us today - will watch sail-away this afternoon and try to pick out Jacqui from the seaview pool.  Before and after that I'm going to be settled in front of the sewing machine, as yesterday I pieced, ironed and pinned 11 more sets of coasters that need to be sewn, ironed and top-stitched.  

I'd like to try the drink of the day, will pass on the white wine, and like the sound of the first recipe for today's menu suggestion.  DH really enjoyed last night's dinner and asked if we could have it again tonight - I told him he was in luck, as we have enough leftovers that we can certainly do that!  All I have to do is reheat the leftovers, set the table and we're good for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, all! I have almost been to Scarborough, but weather kept us from docking so it was not to be. We have one last day on the island. Our spring cleanup is finally done (almost) and our neighbour is coming over for a bbq tonight. Then tomorrow we’re off to the mainland. My sister and BIL are staying with us there before they fly off to Athens for a Regent cruise. Meanwhile, we’re on the standby list for an Alaska cruise on the Noordam. The sailing shows as sold out, so I’m guessing we’ll be coming back here instead of going to Alaska.

Bon Voyage to @kazu today!

Happy Sunday, everyone, and best wishes to our Dailyites who need them right now.

• Like 26

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Decker. She was one of the last graduates of a specialized kindergarten-primary teaching school still working in our district, but there was nothing old-fashioned about her teaching. I would like some chocolate-covered cashews but probably won't get any.

The stir-fry would be OK if I had any of the ingredients. No on the pseudotini even if it's French. For a Sauvignon Blanc, Ravines Wine Cellars 2022, $22.95.

The big projects for today are shopping, including cleaning supplies for Passover, and Passover cleaning. Some people start Passover cleaning weeks in advance, making it harder and harder to cook in the interim. Ordinarily I do it quickly in the morning before the first evening. I'm going to do pre-cleaning, basically the ordinary kitchen cleaning, today, so that tomorrow it requires only what is specific to Passover, including unpacking and washing dishes and utensils. This is because I want to Appreciate Nature in the afternoon. I'm not cooking for a seder at home, and my contribution to one with friends is wine, lots of it.

BTW, a self-cleaning oven is the most important thing for Passover, imo. Some people prepare their ovens using a blowtorch, and in Los Angeles, the fire station serving the large Orthodox neighborhood of Pico-Robertson has its busiest day of the year right before Passover, as rabbis go from house to house starting fires.

Dinahbanjo.thumb.jpg.b66b5e94f6bd6dbf02649cc0bf7294b2.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 8

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Hemp, Hemp, Hooray!

We have been to Trinidad / Tabasco. Once off a HAL ship many years ago. We did a 4-5 hour island tour through HAL which was not on a tour bus but in a cab, room enough for two couples. After two hours into the tour, it was so bad, how bad was it RNB, it was so bad that we paid the cab driver to take us back to the ship. He initially refused to return us early saying that he could get in trouble but we convinced him we would not tell anyone!

• Like 18

59 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Thank you @grapau27for bring us Father David again this week.  I really do appreciate you for doing that, and for him to bring the message to us sheep.

Well over the past few days, I was so excited about the kittens, I wasn't spending any time on my injuries, and yesterday my left foot was so swollen I could barely put on my sandal. I poked my foot, and really couldn't feel it. So I did what I should have done since Tuesday, I slept on the sofa with my foot raised, and yes, this morning the swelling had gone down. The sandal now goes on the foot, but the leg still hurts. Guess I will actually take one of the Aleve's I bought....

No walking in the woods today, it started raining at midnight with some BIG rumbles of thunder, the temperatures actually starting dropping before the rain, but it is still raining.  The computer says it's 53 degrees and dropping down into the 40's tonight.  The heater is on, on the porch, and the kittens were all sound asleep when I checked on them. I have them now controlled in a box.

I was a kindergarten teacher, in an inner city school in the early 80's.  Full day 27 kids. But there was nap time. But I was always sick, the kids brought me every illness they had.  I left after 1 year and went into customer service, and have been doing that since 1983.  Sales and customer service.  I know I went to kindergarten, but remember nursery school better...

@smitty34877I was very happy to read that Tana had dinner at the table with everyone last night.  I hope it was not too much for her, and she has another good day today.  Enjoy being with your family!

@ger_77I was enjoying your snow, even though you have had your fill.  It reminded me of when I lived in MN, woke up on a May 7th saw that it was snowing and thought it was a dream, and went back to sleep.  I didn't make it to work that day. .

Well I need to wake up DH, and ask if I can steal a donut from him, as we ate today's breakfast for dinner last night.

Thank you Annie @marshhawk.

I'm always happy to post Father David's sermon and pleased you and other dailyites enjoy listening to it as do Pauline and I.

I often tell him about you all and he is pleased to hear you enjoy his sermons.

I'm sorry to hear about your foot pain but pleased the swelling went down for you.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

We went to Keukenhof this morning. It was beautiful as always! Now waiting for sail away from Rotterdam to head to the Canary Islands.

Thanks for the pictures. Living in South Florida I miss seeing Spring flowers and unfortunately am not able to travel to see them this year,

• Like 20

Wonderful to see all the people celebrating good things, birthdays, anniversaries and cruises.

@JazzyV - Vanessa good luck tomorrow.  I hope the surgery relieves your pain.  Sending you healing thoughts!  I am glad you got your home prepared since climbing stairs  I think will be hard the first few days post op.  Hopefully Medicare will pay for the PT and a nurse to come to your home. I found that very helpful after my back surgery.  

Weather here is turning warm -too warm for my liking but that is South Florida.  

Not much on the agenda for today.  I am reading the book The Women about nurses in Vietnam, by Kristin Hannah.   It is very well written and I will probably end up finishing it today.

• Like 26

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Three good days to celebrate.  The only thing I remember about kinder was I went to speech "school" and had to practice saying "s" and "th" as I had/have a lisp.  Funny quote, yes to the meal and, after reading the recipe for the drink - thanks, but no thanks.  No wine for me (white) and I went to Scarbourgh just this last February; I do have a couple of pics as I did not do an excursion there.  Never been a fan of Elvis but then again, I never really listened to "popular" music until I was in high school.  Never knew who the Beatles or Simon and Garfunkel were when they first appeared on the horizon.

ScreenShot2024-04-20at11_03_36.thumb.png.442fba38ec82df907a01755f33c8e563.png

We are already at 71F and it is only 0830.  We will get to the low 90s under partly cloudy skies but low humidity (right now it is at 19%) makes it for a lovely day.  When I came back to live in the States (much to my chagrin), since I really had nothing here I could choose to live anywhere I wanted.  I came to AZ as I love the weather here.  I even like 115F with low humidity.  And the sunsets are to die for.  

IMG_7758.JPG.a3ff5938d28a37e9dcb8efd2d31f0dae.JPG

Wow, lots to celebrate today.  It is nice to see the celebration list longer than the care list.

@kazu @VMax1700 Bon Voyage!!

@bennybear Happy Anniversary!

@sailingdutchy Happy Birthday!!

I will be watching the sail away today (as long as I remember!!) so everyone have a fantastic day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bon Voyage to our cruisers today, @kazu Jacqui and DF Debbie, and @VMax1700 Colin and Ellen.  I hope the cruises are super fantastic!

@ger_77 Keep a list of the drinks we want to try.  We can have research tastings on Oosterdam when we travel.  We want something to fill up all those sea days.  May as well get sloshed doing research.  We Dailyites will not be outdone by the Institute of Cheer!   I did think of  you guys yesterday when I saw the snow flurries here in Midland.  I know you want to get rid of the snow, but please don't send it here.

@smitty34877 Terry, I think it was wonderful that Tana was able to join the family at the table for dinner.  We noticed with our mom that she really perked up when there was company in the house during her last few weeks.  

@JazzyV Vanessa, I will have my fingers and toes crossed and send all the positive healing thoughts  your way that I can tomorrow.  Let this be the answer!

It is a totally lazy day here and I am loving every minute of it.  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Scarborough was a stop on my Amazon cruise I just completed.  Funny thing as we were coming into port, another passenger and I could see a sign and was trying to figure out what it said - sounding it out multiple times  OӘABOT❤️I ?????  After minutes, we both laughed at the same time and almost in unison - "Tobago"!!!!  It was the Tobago sign backwards.  So I had to walk there but it was hot and humid!!

IMG_4775.thumb.JPG.e7fa496fbe6e6ce4aad1654429932131.JPG

IMG_4779.thumb.JPG.dd8b379e05325b87410377a2ff4d48a3.JPG

IMG_4783.thumb.JPG.de125d4abab760bbd293b7019db7fa9a.JPG

IMG_4785.thumb.JPG.0697fc27411e214af5f99c2af02d8b7e.JPG

IMG_4787.thumb.JPG.ecb833d420846f2bc5777785fe98b783.JPG

And the dancers at the port entrance (hopefully it will upload):

IMG_4781.MOV.zip

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@bennybearhappy 50th anniversary.

@JazzyVprayers that your surgery tomorrow is successful in relieving your pain

happy birthday to those celebrating and good weather and fair seas for those cruising.

we started out cloudy but the sun is coming through now. We had to turn the furnace back on yesterday since it was quite chilly. Will leave it on for a few more days until we warm up more. I hung my laundry out yesterday. Fingers were frozen by the time I was done. It did dry well since we had a breeze. 

have a good day everyone

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! 
A special thanks to @JazzyV for remembering our anniversary!  What a surprise to see all the mentions! It is actually 51 this year, last year was the big one, but as it was just prior to my surgery we really didn’t celebrate until later.  
@cat shepard@StLouisCruisers @grapau27@smitty34877@Quartzsite Cruiser@Haljo1935@puppycanducruise@superoma@dfish@ottahand7

@RMLincoln@cunnorl@marshhawk@Nickelpenny@ger_77@DeniseT. Th aka for all the kind comments, so appreciated,  hope I don’t miss anyone!    Such great memes!  Mr Bear says thanks, lol! 

Bon Voyage @kazu and @VMax1700

@sailingdutchyhappy birthday Tony! 

Kanazawa  is a fabulous port,  to visit the beautiful village in the mountains with the thatched roofs and for one of the top three gardens in Japan! 
image.thumb.jpeg.b757f70720485a1b93016f29defc7821.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1a3ce503679020b6d1731c3a474f61d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f4fbdfbd91ddf475e81c7a1f6355b6e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f108a70dc0644ada5705ff7d292f2e0b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6202bddf7a5308cf6256dc945f8f4db.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ddd20cbbc861cf51282c34850b2e6078.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c4e1bafcd6d25ba60bdbfc8b0bd6f302.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.20a5e988248e87e49fb48debefce92e4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1458d3ffeb1f5b2a4d65f0b3fd6135b9.jpeg
We had a fabulous sendoff, the captain came and watched as well. 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning all!

I missed yesterday and am late today -- I got some concerning news yesterday about Amber.  After a few days of improvement, the swelling in her brain returned.  The doctors all agreed that the best hope for her would be surgery so yesterday they removed part of her skull to relieve the swelling. They also have been injecting anti-inflammatory meds.   She did well with the surgery, now we wait and hope there will be no complications.  Prayers are so appreciated!

Interesting collection of days...industrial hemp is important, I went straight to 1st grade at 6 because kindergarten wasn't available when I was 5.  Yes on chocolate covered cashews!  Funny quote, I would love the meal but can't have that much soy sauce (even low sodium is too much) so I'll continue making my stir fry my own way.  Yes to the wine and I'd like to try the drink.  I always liked the song Heartbreak Hotel, have never been to Trinidad.

We're having another nice day, although a lot cooler than lately.  We got a lot of wind yesterday, and more trees came down in the woods up the road.  We're SO thankful they have finally taken all the Cottonwoods down behind our houses.  One came down in the road, and the city came out quickly to chip it.

We had a fun afternoon with our 8-year-old DGS, lots of games and laughs.  And chocolate chip cookies of course.

Happy 51st Anniversary Brenda and DH @bennybear!

Bon Voyage Jacqui @kazu!

Bon Voyage Colin @VMax1700!

Happy Birthday Tony @sailingdutchy!

Vanessa @JazzyV Praying that your surgery tomorrow will finally give you the relief you deserve.

Terry @smitty34877 That's wonderful that Tana was able to be at the dinner table yesterday 🙂 

Tina @0106 Thank you for the photo -- amazing!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good morning and Happy Sunday from sunny Tucson. It looks like a lovely day. 

I went to an all day kindergarten in Kansas City and especially remember nap time. I think that was the beginning of my love of naps. I like cashews and chocolate but not a big fan of chocolate covered nuts. Funny that hemp day is right after 420 day. Yes on the wine, no on the drink. 

I never made the beef with broccoli stir fry yesterday so am making it today. It’s similar to the last recipe and also a Ree Drummond recipe. 

I have been to Trinidad but not Tobago. It was 2001 on the Zaandam with DM. That was a fantastic cruise. 

Bon Voyage Jacqui @kazu and Colin & Ellen @VMax1700!!

Happy Anniversary Brenda @bennybear!

Happy Birthday Tony @sailingdutchy!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2