Injury 5 weeks out.

We are due on oasis in just over five weeks. Today my injured knee and is on crutches. We have paid the final payment. If she can't go will they let us transfer to another sailing. We would make a decision are least two weeks before.

Aww, did you mean to say your wife? Couple of words left out. I hope she will be feeling better very soon. Perhaps she will still be able to make it, you never know. :)

Having said that, you are past final payment and nothing can be done except to make a claim through your travel insurance, if you purchased it.

We are due on oasis in just over five weeks. Today my injured knee and is on crutches. We have paid the final payment. If she can't go will they let us transfer to another sailing. We would make a decision are least two weeks before.

No, they don't typically let you move from one sailing to another if there is a medical issue. Sometimes, depending on the circumstances, they do make exceptions. From your other posts, it looks like you are from the UK, so your rules are very different than those with North American bookings. You will need to call and ask what your options are or check the UK website.

I don't know If I'd cancel a cruise for an injured knee.

Yeah, the flight will suck, so will the cab ride and the boarding process, but after that I'd rather be stuck on a cruise ship keeping my leg up than at home doing the same.

Oasis class ship I would rent a wheel chair though.

The cruise line doesn't allow you to cancel or change because of sickness or injury. That's why you buy insurance so that you can.

5 weeks away? I'd still be planning on going. Wheel chairs are available for rent on the ship through a company that does it.

The cruise line doesn't allow you to cancel or change because of sickness or injury. That's why you buy insurance so that you can.

5 weeks away? I'd still be planning on going. Wheel chairs are available for rent on the ship through a company that does it.

Or rent a scooter, which would give her additional independence.

How this cruise is going to go really depends on the extent of the injury and whether your wife needs surgery. She should talk to her orthopedist. Most sprains or strains, menuscus tears should be well on the way to being healed at five weeks.

I recommend wheelchairs in airports and at the port. There are generally wheelchairs available to get from the ship to the end of the pier, but not on board. Her orthopedist can make recommendations for ambulatory aids based on her expected ambulatory status.

Knees are tricky. I hope your wife recovers easily and quickly.

Unless they are in a suite or handicapped cabin, it likely wouldn't go through the door or fit inside for that matter.

Rented scooters will go through the doors into the cabin. The rental companies know the dimensions and will not rent one that will not go into the room. Once inside, however, there is no maneuvering and they do get in the way. (We know, the DW had to use one on our last Allure.) It was an emergency foot surgery 3 days prior to sailing.)

Unless they are in a suite or handicapped cabin, it likely wouldn't go through the door or fit inside for that matter.

Provided the individual does not require a Full Size Scooter or a Bariatric Size Scooter, than CareVacations Mid-Size rental and SpecialNeedsatSeas Standard Rental will fit through the door of an RCCL standard cabin. There just won't be a lot of extra floor space but it is doable. I've done it several times on RCCL ships.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Rented scooters will go through the doors into the cabin. The rental companies know the dimensions and will not rent one that will not go into the room. Once inside, however, there is no maneuvering and they do get in the way. (We know, the DW had to use one on our last Allure.) It was an emergency foot surgery 3 days prior to sailing.)

Scooters are rented base on the weight of the individual , weight capacity of the scooter as well as the height of the individual not based on whether it fits through the cabin door.

Provided the individual does not require a Full Size Scooter or a Bariatric Size Scooter, than CareVacations Mid-Size rental and SpecialNeedsatSeas Standard Rental will fit through the door of an RCCL standard cabin. There just won't be a lot of extra floor space but it is doable. I've done it several times on RCCL ships.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Do you have insurance???

Sorry it's my mum not partner. She has annual insurance which had expired a few weeks ago and stupidly was going to renew next week. She is 80 and usually mobility is excellent. I know not a break and been told by hospital should be back to normal hopefully 5_6 weeks but worried. I have thought of mobility scooter she would not require a bariatric one.

Sorry it's my mum not partner. She has annual insurance which had expired a few weeks ago and stupidly was going to renew next week. She is 80 and usually mobility is excellent. I know not a break and been told by hospital should be back to normal hopefully 5_6 weeks but worried. I have thought of mobility scooter she would not require a bariatric one.

Well you are in a bad place then. Torn ligaments in knees take a long time to heal...if they do at all in an 80 year old parent. Good luck. Renting a wheelchair might be an option. I don't know what bariatric means?

Well you are in a bad place then. Torn ligaments in knees take a long time to heal...if they do at all in an 80 year old parent. Good luck. Renting a wheelchair might be an option. I don't know what bariatric means?

Bariatric means oversized.

we are due on oasis in just over five weeks. Today my injured knee and is on crutches. We have paid the final payment. If she can't go will they let us transfer to another sailing. We would make a decision are least two weeks before.

i.n.s.u.r.a.n.c.e.

Just remember the ship will not provide a wheelchair. They are only for onboard emergencies. A folding wheelchair can be arranged ahead of time, not take up as much room as a scooter, and make all the difference in Mum's being able to get around the ship comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app