Drying clothes

tigger54

so I was told the Equinox does not have a clothes line in the bathroom like other cruise lines do. I usually hang up our bathing suits to dry. Anyone have any other ideas you use to dry clothes in your cabin?
We use command hooks and then take them down after the cruise.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I use magnetic hooks that I purchased at Harbor Freight We hang everything on the ceiling and walls.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Us, too. You can also buy them at Walmart. Depending on where we are sailing and the wind factor, we also put them on the balcony in protected areas.

I've purchased extra strong magnetic hooks in a set of 4 from Amazon. I also have twine that I string between 2 of them and hang those in the shower. I also take along towel chair clips (set of 12 from Amazon) that I use as clothes pins. I leave those in the shower for the whole cruise and it works well. I use the other magnetic hooks to pin up my dailies, invitations, and excursion tickets to keep all that organized.

We also purchased a 8 storage cubes that are 10 3/4" Lx11"H x10 3/4"W. We put 4 in each side of the over the bed cabinets. They are light weight and fold flat in your suitcase and they gave us lots of extra and very organized storage space.

None of the S class ships we've sailed on have the clothes line in the shower like on the M-class ships, but then again, they also don't have those pesky shower curtains!

We rig up a clothesline on our balcony and bring plenty of clothes pegs.

A few weeks ago when we were on the Infinity there was someone who's balcony was covered with clotheslines with clothes drying everyday we were in port. Looked awful. I've never seen anything like it.

I usually hang small things that I've washed out onto a hanger and put it in one end of the closet with the door open. Dries fairly quickly. Bathing suits usually just get hooked onto the hook on the inside of the bathroom door.

A few weeks ago when we were on the Infinity there was someone who's balcony was covered with clotheslines with clothes drying everyday we were in port. Looked awful. I've never seen anything like it.

I agree, ship looks like a floating laundry. One cruise we were in a aft cabin & and looking down from our balcony were at least a dozen clothes lines strung across balconies with men’s & ladies undergarments, socks and shorts blowing in the wind.

About mid cruise thankfully they all disappeared. Heard that one of the officers spotted it and had the cabin attendants check each balcony & remove the clotheslines.

All the M class ships have the retractable line in the showers.

The Container Store has a 12 clip gizmo which is part of my cruise travel pack. I'd imagine this wonder is available elsewhere, I just haven't looked.

I also use some 1 1/2" plastic clothes pins as spacers and/or clips. I also have accumulated some plastic clips that are on a hanger like hook. Varying the height of my hooks helps the drying. Once my items have stopped dripping I can scatter the clothing to improve drying time.

We're doing a 30 day b2b on Constellation in a Concierge category cabin. Will there be a clothesline in the bathroom on this M class ship?

Yes, there is a "pull across" line in the shower on M-class ships. I've stayed in concierge cabins on Connie. After using the magnet string contraptions on S-class ships, I'd use that instead of the built in "pull across" one provided since you can position it as high as you want so that it's out of your way and as wide as you'd like.

We rig up a clothesline on our balcony and bring plenty of clothes pegs.

I could not find anything about hanging clothes to dry on the celebrity site but I did find this on the Carnival site - https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2820/~/balcony-stateroom-information.

"For safety concerns, clothing and towels should not be hung to dry on your balcony."

I would assume that the same policy would apply on Celebrity. I can guarantee that if I was on the same ship as you and your underwear and bras were flapping in the breeze, I would lodge a complaint.

DON

We usually hang our suits in the shower overnight an then transfer them to a travel clothesline in the morning. I run it from one of the pegs on the wall opposite the bathroom and to the tv bracket (very sturdy). See the link for something similar on amazon. It’s about the size of a large book of matches, and weighs nothing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N11GGRC/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

On the Reflection (and hotels without clotheslines) we used a rubber braided clothesline with hooks at the end. The braid is great because you can just tuck a bit of fabric through it, so no clothespins needed. The hooks allowed us to attach it to whatever was handy - in the Reflection bathroom, we had it strung between the shower head and a hook on the other side of the door. I got the recommendation for the type from Rick Steves, and picked up the clothesline for less than $10 on Amazon.

I agree, ship looks like a floating laundry. One cruise we were in a aft cabin & and looking down from our balcony were at least a dozen clothes lines strung across balconies with men’s & ladies undergarments, socks and shorts blowing in the wind.

About mid cruise thankfully they all disappeared. Heard that one of the officers spotted it and had the cabin attendants check each balcony & remove the clotheslines.

Yes we were docked next to a higher end cruise line. The clothes line on the balcony with clothing hanging looked so tacky.

If you carefully hang bathing suits on the metal bar behind the deck chair, they stay put, and no one can see them...we leave them there to drip while in port..

Too bad X did not put a clothesline in the S class showers..