Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, verizon said:

I believe you just pay the difference between your drink package allowed.

Take for example Smoking Bull is $18.00, you pay the $3.00 extra for Premium package and $7.00 for Classic.

You are correct, but they add a 20% gratuity to the upcharge as well. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, misterkevin said:

These Craft Social cocktails may not be covered by the premium package, but they sound so interesting, I'm eager to try them.

Nothing excites me more than something I've never had, so it's worth a few extra bucks to me to widen my palate. 

Thanks for sharing the new menus! 

Reminds me a bit of the World Class Bar which has unique drinks but many are above the beverage package limits so you pay the difference.  

2 hours ago, verizon said:

Take for example Smoking Bull is $18.00, you pay the $3.00 extra for Premium package and $7.00 for Classic.

Perhaps it was another line, but I thought that the Premium allowed you to pay the difference, whereas the Classic did not (you just had to pay outright/full price for items beyond the limit) ??

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Perhaps it was another line, but I thought that the Premium allowed you to pay the difference, whereas the Classic did not (you just had to pay outright/full price for items beyond the limit) ??

Old policy.  Both are the same on up-charges. 

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

At one time this was true, but, it has since changed.

2 hours ago, verizon said:

$9 upcharge for the classic though? Right? I thought classic covered up to $9 drinks so the upcharge is then $9 plus grats of 1.80.

5 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

At one time this was true, but, it has since changed.

6 minutes ago, CardRock said:

Old policy.  Both are the same on up-charges. 

That makes sense - why drive someone (likely) away from an upcharge opportunity, only to have them opt for something that's already included in their plan.

THANKS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmeg29 said:

$9 upcharge for the classic though? Right? I thought classic covered up to $9 drinks so the upcharge is then $9 plus grats of 1.80.

One Smoking Bull a day is almost worth the upgrade to premium alone!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Looking at the drinks menu... Remind me what the cap on beverages for the Classic package is? Trying to decide if upgrading to Premium is the way I should go.

Thanks!

When in doubt.....

5 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

When in doubt.....

When in doubt....Don't.  You can always upgrade once onboard.  There is no discount before or after boarding on the upgrade.  It is $10/day plus 20%.  Plus, a bartender will get credit for having sold the upgrade where calling Celebrity to order it will not.  The only downside is dependent on your departure port.  If the ship is still docked you may have to pay the city/state sales tax as well, so ask about that.  Once at sea, they no longer charge the tax.  Always ask.  You can just stay within the Classic if tax is being charged during the first couple of hours.

It's a great way to make a "favorite" bartender at your favorite bar.😀🍸🍹🍺

• Like 4

20 hours ago, CDSparks said:

Can you use the drink package for any of the flights listed that are $15 or less? 

I don't know for sure but Idoubt it.  I know when you order the martini flights at the martini bar you pay the full price not the difference.  

3 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

When in doubt....Don't.  You can always upgrade once onboard.  There is no discount before or after boarding on the upgrade.  It is $10/day plus 20%.  Plus, a bartender will get credit for having sold the upgrade where calling Celebrity to order it will not.  The only downside is dependent on your departure port.  If the ship is still docked you may have to pay the city/state sales tax as well, so ask about that.  Once at sea, they no longer charge the tax.  Always ask.  You can just stay within the Classic if tax is being charged during the first couple of hours.

Except this will be my first time on Celebrity, so I will not know what my favorite bar is going to be...

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Except this will be my first time on Celebrity, so I will not know what my favorite bar is going to be...

but he will remember you....😉

I live in Middlesex NJ, just down the mountain from Warren.

Enjoying your and Iain's newest escapade! 

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

That is going to be my strategy on my 9/23 sailing...already have Classic with my booking.  

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

When in doubt.....

I was charged a $1.00 up charge for the drink using the Top Shelf  Premium liquor. 

Both on the celebrity Edge and the Reflection this year. It was gin.

Here is the list for the Classic package. It is about 2 years old so may not reflect to days list.

CELEBRITY CLASSIC BEVERAGE PACKAGE $55 USD/per night*  $15pp per day second choice    
Enjoy all the spirits listed in the Standard Package PLUS elevate your experience with the additional brands listed below. Up to $9.00 Includes Frozen Drinks    
VODKA    CORDIALS & COGNACS
Absolut    Campari
Absolut Flavors    Cointreau
New Amsterdam    Galliano
Russian Standard    Goldschlager
Smirnoff    Hennessy VS
Stolichnaya    Kirsch
Stoli Flavors    Kahlua
GIN    Licor 43
Beefeater    Martell VS
Bombay Original    Novo Fogo
Gordon’s    Ouzo
TEQUILA    Pimms 1
Cazadores Blanco    Sambuca Romana
Cuervo Silver    Southern Comfort
Don Julio Blanco    Tia Maria
WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)    BEERS
Canadian Club    Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs)
Dewar’s White Label    Amstel Light
Famous Grouse    Boddington’s
Jameson    Bud & Light
Jim Beam    Coors Light
Johnnie Walker Red    Corona & Light
Monkey Shoulder    Dos Equis
Seagram’s 7    Franziskaner
Seagram’s VO    Heineken & Light
RUM    Kirin & Light
Bacardi & Flavors    Miller Lite
Bacardi Oakheart Spiced    Moretti
Captain Morgan    Newcastle Ale
Kraken Black Spiced    Pabst Blue Ribbon
Malibu Coconut    Red Stripe
Myer’s Dark    Sam Adams
Wray & Nephew    Strongbow Cider
    NON-ALCOHOLIC    WINES
Can and fountain soda selections    Enjoy a large selection of wines 
Fresh and bottled juices    From around the world.
Premium coffees and teas    
Non-premium bottled water    

10 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

I thought this thread was about the Equinox revolution, not drink packages.🙄

Let's not call what they did as a "revolution".  Updating is a better description.

• Like 1