Adult only pool area

bling19572010

I’m looking for a cruise line that offers an adult only pool and relaxation area. I don’t mind payimg extra for the week. I’m looking for something similar to the princess’s sanctuary. Any suggestions? Not the royal Caribbean’s Solarium because kids still see to manage to come in. I want something more Private. Thank you

The Princess sanctuary is probably it then. I think the newer ships might have some pools in it. Otherwise some of the Carnival ships have a serenity area, but I don't think there is a pool in them.

Perhaps try the Havana area on Carnival Vista or Horizon. During the day its 12+, but opens up at night.

Or, book a cruise on a line that doesn't advertise to kids.

Celebrity ships have an adult Solarium pool, and tend not to attract a lot of  families on most itineraries. However if the weather is cold, families with children will be allowed to use it for a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

The Princess sanctuary is probably it then. I think the newer ships might have some pools in it. Otherwise some of the Carnival ships have a serenity area, but I don't think there is a pool in them.

Perhaps try the Havana area on Carnival Vista or Horizon. During the day its 12+, but opens up at night.

Or, book a cruise on a line that doesn't advertise to kids.

Thanks but I don’t want kids around and would like to be pampered! Thank you for responding!

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Celebrity ships have an adult Solarium pool, and tend not to attract a lot of  families on most itineraries. However if the weather is cold, families with children will be allowed to use it for a couple of hours.

Thank you! I’ll consider Celebrity but would like peace and quiet and to be pampered a little.

2 hours ago, bling19572010 said:

Thank you! I’ll consider Celebrity but would like peace and quiet and to be pampered a little.

The age restriction - which in our experience - is enforced, is 16+ for the Solarium on Celebrity.  This tends more often than not to be moot as Celebrity caters mainly to adults and not so much to families, so typically there are fewer children on board than other lines and, as a result, very few in the 16-19 range that would be in the Solarium.  It is very peaceful, and the staff is customer focused and service oriented, IMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

MSC has adults only areas/pools.  Carnival's Spirit class ships have a pool in the serenity area.  but it is just a full of chair hogs as the other pool area.  HAL has adults only pools, too.  And not so many kids.  EM

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bling19572010 said:

I’m looking for a cruise line that offers an adult only pool and relaxation area. I don’t mind payimg extra for the week. I’m looking for something similar to the princess’s sanctuary. Any suggestions? Not the royal Caribbean’s Solarium because kids still see to manage to come in. I want something more Private. Thank you

Viking Ocean is 18+ so the entire ship is adult only. As a premium line, you will also get pampered. Other Premium/Luxury lines don't have many kids, but Viking is the only one that has none.

In the UK market, P&O also has 3 ships which are adult only. Saga are also adult only, I believe possibly 50+

• Like 2

Yes, P&O's adult only ships ( the rest are family ships),  Cruise and Maritime, Viking and the new Virgin ship are 18 years and above, and as Heidi says, Saga is 50 yrs although a younger partner is allowed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

Might I suggest Holland America?  It's a mainstream line, generally an older crowd, and I can probably count on my 2 hands how many kids I've seen on my 4 cruises combined with them.  

Normally true, my sister did a Alaska cruise a few years ago and there was about a thousand children. Wish some of the main lines would do some cruises adults only. Sandals resorts is also a nice option 

• Like 1

Larger NCL ships have Spice H2O (well, until the Encore sails it seems), this is an adult-only area during the day. There is also the Vibe, which is 18+ and costs extra.  I don't think any ships have pools in those sections but they do have hot tubs and Bliss has some kind of "water feature" in Spice.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 7:12 AM, bling19572010 said:

I’ll check into the adults only cruises! Thank you!

There is (or used to be) a couple here on CC that preferred to cruise without kids.

They found the perfect solution (at least for them).  They took Nudist, Swinger, and LGBT cruises. 😄

You do not need to participate, but absolutely NO kids.

They said the LGBT cruises were the best.  Once the others found you were not, they did not bother you that way, and they knew how to PARTYYYYYY. 😄

13 hours ago, SRF said:

There is (or used to be) a couple here on CC that preferred to cruise without kids.

They found the perfect solution (at least for them).  They took Nudist, Swinger, and LGBT cruises. 😄

They said the LGBT cruises were the best.  Once the others found you were not, they did not bother you that way, and they knew how to PARTYYYYYY. 😄

Great idea!!

13 hours ago, SRF said:

It's entered my mind that the LGBTQ crowd might fit my liberal bias more than some other.