Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

37 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

AGAIN, can someone explain why the % changes but the price never changes? Internet price at 55% off was the same at the 25% off? Why would I buy it at 55% off when price never dropped?  I am confused! This is the first time I have looked into purchasing things ahead of time and its crazy to look at the prices everyday and not see the actual $$ amount go down. 

There is no explanation other than RC makes up the percent off figures.  Ignore them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daisymae14 said:

AGAIN, can someone explain why the % changes but the price never changes? Internet price at 55% off was the same at the 25% off? Why would I buy it at 55% off when price never dropped?  I am confused! This is the first time I have looked into purchasing things ahead of time and its crazy to look at the prices everyday and not see the actual $$ amount go down. 

I noticed that as well on the internet.  Pricing two weeks ago was $26.99 for 4 devices on the surf package, my daughter was saving up to buy it.  Checked it just the other day and the price is now $44.17. Yet it still says the same percentage discount as it did when it was 26.99.  I have to say I am not overly impressed with the constant price changes Royal seems to have, and it discourages me from booking with them again.  

At least on any other line I know up front the pricing for specialty dining, internet, drink packages, etc.  Royal seems to change them every day.  Sadly our sailing everything has increased.  The waterpark passes were around $60 now they are up to $94, the dining package is up to $215, the drink package is sitting around $70.  

22 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Royal seems to change them every day.  Sadly our sailing everything has increased.

Yes, it is called dynamic pricing.  Just like the cruise fares.  They vary the price to maximize profit, as any business does.

Thus the recommendation to book when the price is acceptable, and monitor.  Cancel and rebook if the price goes down.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

Yes, it is called dynamic pricing.  Just like the cruise fares.  They vary the price to maximize profit, as any business does.

Thus the recommendation to book when the price is acceptable, and monitor.  Cancel and rebook if the price goes down.

Exactly.:classic_smile:   But people still love to discuss and debate the "sales" here even though they never really exist.

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Exactly.:classic_smile:   But people still love to discuss and debate the "sales" here even though they never really exist.

I think the overwhelming majority of first time cruisers are just not aware of the extent of the  pricing games and are swayed when they see something like 60% off.  

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I think the overwhelming majority of first time cruisers are just not aware of the extent of the  pricing games and are swayed when they see something like 60% off.  

That is why it works.

And they are not knowledgeable to check back to see if the price has gone down.

Black Friday deals are beginning to load!  

Just got the soft drink package for my aunt and sister, down from $8.99 pp per day to $6.50.   Checked our other cruise and it's down to that price as well.  The refreshment package is also down to $19 from $28.

The 3 night dining package is down from $125 to $105 already as well.  

Hoping there is more.....

2 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Just got the soft drink package for my aunt and sister, down from $8.99 pp per day to $6.50.   Checked our other cruise and it's down to that price as well.  The refreshment package is also down to $19 from $28.

You might want to mention the ship and sailing date as these deals may not be fleetwide.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You might want to mention the ship and sailing date as these deals may not be fleetwide.

I see the same prices ($6.50 soda, $19 refreshment) on two different Anthem sailings, though not obvious this is due to BF "sale" - 3 night dining package is $99. No discount on Taste of Royal. 🙄

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sorry about that Bob, it was on several sailings, all on Ovation and Harmony for next year, none at prime season.  

Edited by barbeyg

On 11/1/2019 at 4:53 PM, Lv2sail_18 said:

The whole amount is refunded and you would have to buy again to reprice. The exchange rate back and forth definitely cuts into any potential savings from repricing. I wonder if it is possible to buy OBC and use that for cruise planner items and then have any refunded items returned as USD OBC so there isn’t that exchange rate penalty when repricing.

Just purchase your cruise in Canadian dollars then everything you purchase through the Cruise Planner is Canadian dollars and gets refunded in Canadian dollars.  Royal's exchange rate is very fair.  They are very close to the mid-market rate and substantially better than anything you will get from a credit card.

I'm sailing on Explorer nine night on Jan 10th and that DBP just dropped from $55 to $51. The refreshment package is now $19 the lowest I saw that was $21 so definitely prices are dropping already .  Just wish the DBP will drop to at least $39 😉      

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

Thanks for the heads up... I didn't even check as I figured it would be business as usual... haha... glad to get that small price reduction on soda package!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

No price drops for sailing Dec 1.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Considering that planner purchases for that sailing would get cut off before BF, I wouldn't think they would offer it on such close in sailings.

Just checked my Dec 1 sailing... No joy 😪