BON VOYAGE BO....Original Edgie!

hcat

Bo,.....

While you were boarding, we were  disembarking.

Hope all went smoothly and you are now enjoying Life on the EDGE.

I think now all the Original EDGIES have had the EDGE EXPERIENCE..hope yours is all you hoped for!

• Like 2

Hello all!!!!

My first question is, I keep seeing posts about VT in the "past tense", will you please let me in on the situation with her, from my reading it does not sound good at all... 😥

To continue, this sailing was AMAZING, for me and the Group!!

The sights, interactions, sounds and all sensory perceptions were phenomenal, overall, as well.

There were 13 of us on this sailing aged 5 to 69...

Four (4) first time sailors, four (4) had not sailed in three plus (3+) years and the rest of us are regular X sailors!

From the first sight of the ship in port  everyone was just stunned by its' beauty.

A major concern for me for the group were the IV's... they were a big hit with everyone.

Our BEST meal was in FCSH, by far. If you go, please ask for Ozzie and let him know that 'The Vegan' on Thanksgiving says hello and sends warm regards. This meal and service was amazing.

My tie for BEST meal is Eden, this Chef is off the hook on creativity for food, period. My meal included one (1) course of pasta made from mushrooms.... who the heck has ever heard and experienced this before, kudos, and I eat many 'gourmet' vegan meals for sure, yet this full experience tied for top prize.

For the four (4) MDR's our favourite is Cyprus with Cosmopolitan being the least favourite.

NOTE: when you are traveling with more than six (6) ALWAYS get two (2) tables, it is much easier on the servers and guests... We once had one (1) table for all 13 and the waiter was stressed as were we with the wait and etc... just a FYI.

Many in our party, including myself loved the Martini Bar quite the party central on the sailing. Our five (5) yo was a hit dancing, often times she was the show! LOL

I liked Club on 4, that is a great venue for early to late evening dancing.

There was a question from woyh about The Mast Grille, all burgers are GF, the vegan burgers are GF yet they are cooked on the same side of the grill as the rolls, so if contamination in this manner is an issue, I recommend skipping them altogether, yet they will get you a GF roll. Just ask when ordering so they have time to get them.

I, personally, did not attend all of the shows that I wanted to, yet the Beatles, Whitney Houston, and most of the musical acts in the MB were great IMO...

Passengers, what can I say, we were diverse, phenomenal and considerate overall. Tried to get in to see an Iconic Suite but could not.. which is fine.

I must thank ALL of the Cruise Critic gang who attended the sail away and special thank you to @Pam and Wayne  and others for great times and the thoughtful gifts... I miss everyone already.

Each day I was fortunate enough to meet many new CC members every day and have great conversations with them. A few members in our group were amazed by the number and how friendly we are...

Okay, fire away as there were so many experiences which I did not cover...

btw six (6) in our group have already booked future sailings on The Edge, including all of the first time sailors... impressive IMO.

Thank you all for bearing with me and look forward to answer as best I can while still fresh in MY mind.. LOL

bon voyage

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Hello all!!!!

My first question is, I keep seeing posts about VT in the "past tense", will you please let me in on the situation with her, from my reading it does not sound good at all... 😥

I see you have now found the right thread, so no more to add sadly.

Hi Bo

Welcome back...sorry for the bad news  about Vt..the Obituary is beautiful just like her.

Glad you  love EDGE after experiencing her in person. And happy your group was pleased with ALL your efforts to plan a great cruise!

We rated Cypress second after Tuscan.  Our one visit to Normandie on the last evening of our cruise was excellent as well.   We  loved our table location in the back corner, right by the Lalique Panels.   Cosmopolitan,  where we had dinner twice, a breakfast and  a lunch  seemed like it was was a big MDR...a bit crowded and noisy compared to the others. Maybe they could sep out a section for larger groups to afford a more private ambiance. 

How did you enjoy the live music on board!.

Hi Bo and welcome back!  I am so glad you enjoyed your Edge cruise after the long wait!  What were the most enjoyable things on Edge for you?  The least?  Any improvements you would recommend?  Since you are an original Edgie we would love to know some of these thoughts from you.  Did you sign up again?

I’m so happy that your group had a wonderful time! I’m also relieved that you didn’t see the terrible news about Vt while aboard. She was a lovely person, and we will never forget her bright spirit. 

I’m headed to a meeting, but I’ll have questions later😉 Welcome home🌺

39 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hi Bo

Welcome back...sorry for the bad news  about Vt..the Obituary is beautiful just like her.

Glad you  love EDGE after experiencing her in person. And happy your group was pleased with ALL your efforts to plan a great cruise!

We rated Cypress second after Tuscan.  Our one visit to Normandie on the last evening of our cruise was excellent as well.   We  loved our table location in the back corner, right by the Lalique Panels.   Cosmopolitan,  where we had dinner twice, a breakfast and  a lunch  seemed like it was was a big MDR...a bit crowded and noisy compared to the others. Maybe they could sep out a section for larger groups to afford a more private ambiance. 

How did you enjoy the live music on board!.

h - the live music was mostly enjoyable for sure... there was one group which we all concurred was not up to par.

I did forget about commenting on the noise from The Atrium into FCSH, the music was not all that bad, in fact the music when the bartenders were doing their 'show' was most disturbing and that was only for 10 - 12 minutes...

Thank you and bon voyage

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Hi Bo and welcome back!  I am so glad you enjoyed your Edge cruise after the long wait!  What were the most enjoyable things on Edge for you?  The least?  Any improvements you would recommend?  Since you are an original Edgie we would love to know some of these thoughts from you.  Did you sign up again?

t - thank you....

Truth be told, the most enjoyable part of the sailing was meeting fellow passengers and especially CC members and just having our friends sail with us and they enjoy the experience!

One I sailed with a few years back on Silly and we had fun then, too.

The art and I did not take the tour, unfortunately... next time for sure!

The least enjoyable part? My vote would be interacting with some of the dining room staff.. but after making friends with the Maitre d's everything improved.

Improvements? Many passengers attitudes towards service personnel, one passenger was berating GS Rep because he did not believe his wife went to the Spa three (3) times until they pulled up the signed receipts.. he left mad and never said sorry.

Another improvement would be in OVC, more 'vegan/vegetarian' items, readily available. One of the Assistant Managers always made sure that I had pancakes every morning, then by #3 I requested no more pancakes...LOL

As for signing up again, I would have to delete my profile if I answered that question right away, but suffice it to say that there 'May Be' a Med cruise in my future on The Edge in the cabin next door... 😎

Which brings to mind that the schematics I used for bed selection is incorrect, even on the ship, I thought our bed was to be by the bathroom, noooooo it was by the balcony in reality. There was no opportunity to change cabins as the category was fully booked... yet we made the best of it and did enjoy it.

Thank you and bon voyage

7 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

What time did you get off the ship, did you do self assist or received a number?  

c - we used the Luggage Valet service, so no numbers for us.

We decided to dis-embark around 9.15a and it was quick and easy...

Our flight was scheduled for 2.19p which was a bit late because of weather..

bon voyage