Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
WrittenOnYourHeart

Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

Glad you arrived safe.  Have a great cruise!

 

3 hours ago, Oville said:

Welcome to South FL., can’t wait to read your blog.


Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E-X-C-I-T-E-M-E-N-T!!!!

 

IMO, initially, the most glorious view you will have is when arriving in the port and seeing The Magic Carpet, all else will be just the support to keep it going!

 

bon voyage Beth, bon voyage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

E-X-C-I-T-E-M-E-N-T!!!!

 

IMO, initially, the most glorious view you will have is when arriving in the port and seeing The Magic Carpet, all else will be just the support to keep it going!

 

bon voyage Beth, bon voyage!

 

Thank you so much Bo!!!

 

Yes, the total excitement has kicked in!! I made myself stay in bed until the alarm went off, then I got a shower and then I headed for breakfast. Now I'm back in the room to try and just chill until about 9:15 when I will go down (11 floor hotel (I'm on 8), 2 elevators...just in case it takes a while) and wait for my Lyft!!

 

Cannot believe the day is finally here!!!! Time for this Disney girl to live on the EDGE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you so much Bo!!!

 

Yes, the total excitement has kicked in!! I made myself stay in bed until the alarm went off, then I got a shower and then I headed for breakfast. Now I'm back in the room to try and just chill until about 9:15 when I will go down (11 floor hotel (I'm on 8), 2 elevators...just in case it takes a while) and wait for my Lyft!!

 

Cannot believe the day is finally here!!!! Time for this Disney girl to live on the EDGE!

Chill!!!

 

Ahhh, you chilled on the flight down, at the earliest! LOL

 

I understand you are not a big drinker, but once you get that champagne or mimosa in hand, drop luggage in cabin, head to see Maitre d' at Cosmopolitan next to confirm dietary requirements... head to either The Magic Carpet or Sunset Bar (wherever your RC is meeting) and wait for sail-away!!!!

 

The stress will start to melt away! If not, have another drink... LOL

 

bon voayge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Chill!!!

 

Ahhh, you chilled on the flight down, at the earliest! LOL

 

I understand you are not a big drinker, but once you get that champagne or mimosa in hand, drop luggage in cabin, head to see Maitre d' at Cosmopolitan next to confirm dietary requirements... head to either The Magic Carpet or Sunset Bar (wherever your RC is meeting) and wait for sail-away!!!!

 

The stress will start to melt away! If not, have another drink... LOL

 

bon voayge

 

Sounds awesome!

 

I'm not a huge drinker (don't like feeling drunk), but I enjoy my beverages! 🙂 Will definitely check out those venues!! I don't think we settled on a location to meet - it hasn't been a very active one, though we seem to have about 60 signed up for the Connections party (more than I think have participated in the conversation on here).

 

To discuss the possibility of dining at Eden, would I go there or would the Maitre d' at Cosmopolitan handle that?

 

Haha!! Thank you for all your tips!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First visit to EDEN  by day will be amazing!

Go down the steps ( or up the ramp) for great views! 

    BON VOYAGE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Sounds awesome!

 

I'm not a huge drinker (don't like feeling drunk), but I enjoy my beverages! 🙂 Will definitely check out those venues!! I don't think we settled on a location to meet - it hasn't been a very active one, though we seem to have about 60 signed up for the Connections party (more than I think have participated in the conversation on here).

 

To discuss the possibility of dining at Eden, would I go there or would the Maitre d' at Cosmopolitan handle that?

 

Haha!! Thank you for all your tips!!

For Eden, go there.. most likely later in the day, as most kitchen staff there is prepping, but if the Chef is there, he will make note of your desires and make it happen!!!! Five (5) unforgettable, to me, courses.. including dessert.

 

The hostess, Kathleen (when I was aboard) will take good care of you.. if she remembers me, tell her 'The Vegan' from Thanksgiving sailing, Samuel says hello and Hugs!

 

She works the OVC during breakfast and lunch as well, I believe. Definitely breakfast, though.

 

Have fun! Have an OJ for us! Smile as you are creating an unforgettable memory, ahead!

 

Also, do not forget to take names along the way of those whom you found to be particularly helpful so you can mention them in the mid-sailing and end of sailing surveys...

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

For Eden, go there.. most likely later in the day, as most kitchen staff there is prepping, but if the Chef is there, he will make note of your desires and make it happen!!!! Five (5) unforgettable, to me, courses.. including dessert.

 

The hostess, Kathleen (when I was aboard) will take good care of you.. if she remembers me, tell her 'The Vegan' from Thanksgiving sailing, Samuel says hello and Hugs!

 

She works the OVC during breakfast and lunch as well, I believe. Definitely breakfast, though.

 

Have fun! Have an OJ for us! Smile as you are creating an unforgettable memory, ahead!

 

Also, do not forget to take names along the way of those whom you found to be particularly helpful so you can mention them in the mid-sailing and end of sailing surveys...

 

bon voyage

 

Thank you so much!!! And will definitely mention you to Kathleen if she is aboard!

 

As to the last, that is always something I do. 🙂 Having a sister who works on DCL (she's a training officer, so she has contact with all in her areas), I know just how important it is to name those who give exceptional service! 🙂 Tips, of course, but giving those names ultimately means so much more in the long run!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C64A9115-D0D3-4EB7-9EF5-F81E9EB8913B.thumb.jpeg.9df7bcfe7452f3f07aa1a27358af40be.jpeg

 

First view of the ship!!

 

Sitting in the terminal still not exactly sure I am in the right place - I have been directed to about 4 locations in here. 
 

Oh well - I will be on soon enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited for you.

Happy sailing ️⛴🏝 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

First view of the ship!!

 

Sitting in the terminal still not exactly sure I am in the right place - I have been directed to about 4 locations in here. 
 

Oh well - I will be on soon enough!

I Am sure you will not let that ship sail without you aboard!!!!

 

Just as long as you are in the terminal, all will be good...

 

What are your thoughts currently? Still excited?

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Ran across the street to Publix to get 2 bottles of wine and a P3 pack for evening snack tonight.”

 

I am eagerly reading your review since I am on The Edge in 3 months and am also gluten free (Celiac).  I wondered what do you mean by a “P3 pack“ for an evening snack?


Thanks for taking the time. Any gluten free food suggestions are much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seeing the picture of Edge has gotten me excited.    She is so beautiful.  

 

Bon Voyage

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

C64A9115-D0D3-4EB7-9EF5-F81E9EB8913B.thumb.jpeg.9df7bcfe7452f3f07aa1a27358af40be.jpeg

 

First view of the ship!!

 

Sitting in the terminal still not exactly sure I am in the right place - I have been directed to about 4 locations in here. 
 

Oh well - I will be on soon enough!

Are you boarded yet?

Will try to catch the Sailaway on the port cams!

 

Happy Cruising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe, happy and healthy sailing!

We have enjoyed the Edge twice, Eastern Caribbean escapes from Michigan winters.😊

Looking forward to the Apex next January.

Bon voyage!🛳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just seeing the picture of Edge has gotten me excited.    She is so beautiful.  

Jim

 

I agree with Mr. Jim.  We are looking forward to being on Edge again in April.  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

“Ran across the street to Publix to get 2 bottles of wine and a P3 pack for evening snack tonight.”

 

I am eagerly reading your review since I am on The Edge in 3 months and am also gluten free (Celiac).  I wondered what do you mean by a “P3 pack“ for an evening snack?


Thanks for taking the time. Any gluten free food suggestions are much appreciated. 

 

I believe this is what she means.  There are different kinds.

Protein PlatesProtein & FiberP3 with Planters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched your sail out on PTZ. Have a great cruise and looking forward to your live reports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...