Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
WrittenOnYourHeart

Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

Doe ELITE and concierge still board before all expedited?  

The OP posted the boarding order in post  #135. I can tell you that on our Edge cruise last April, we had already checked in via the app, and we were booked in a Concierge cabin. On our cruise, people having mobility issues boarded first. Concierge passengers were called next😊

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for Sharing!    New to Celebrity, will be on the Edge March 1st.  We booked very last minute at the Boston Travel Show, not knowing a thing about the ship except that it was fairly new and was stopping at Key West.   Excited to get your take on it.

Love your style!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the staff sheet. I was very happy to see Julie Sherrington there. I hope she’ll still be aboard in May. She’s simply lovely, a bright spot wherever she goes. 
 

I hope you have a fabulous day in Key West!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What time does the boarding start?  I will be Aqua class and will check in on the App. I want to get on ‘early’ but don’t want to arrive so early that I have to sit and wait for hours. Thanks. I wonder if it depends on embarkation port?  We will be in Civitavecchia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

What time does the boarding start?  I will be Aqua class and will check in on the App. I want to get on ‘early’ but don’t want to arrive so early that I have to sit and wait for hours. Thanks. I wonder if it depends on embarkation port?  We will be in Civitavecchia. 


They started Concierge between 10:45 and 11. Aqua was called within a minute or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are one adventurous lady.   Love your skydiving photos.    So much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

SkyDive Key West is incredible!!!

I Am so sorry that I did not know about this activity when we were there!!!!

 

I know the title of the thread is 'Live Trip Report' did not think it would be 'Live Action Trip Report'!!! LOL

 

Keep on having fun... and sharing.

 

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the review so far....esp Skydiving!

Good for you.,the shirt was perfect!

 

Seems AQ now boards after Concierge...to get the lunch going `???

Where was E plus in the mix?

 

Glad they supplied the Officer/ Staff spotlight. Easier than just on the TV screen.

Hope you get the  EDGE  Art  Book....will help with the amazing art!

Can't wait to hear about the music / shows!

 

So far the food, esp salad looks great!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are one adventurous lady.   Love your skydiving photos.    So much fun.


Thank you!! It was the biggest rush!!!

 

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I Am so sorry that I did not know about this activity when we were there!!!!

 

I know the title of the thread is 'Live Trip Report' did not think it would be 'Live Action Trip Report'!!! LOL

 

Keep on having fun... and sharing.

 

bon voyage

 

I found out about it via Captain Kate’s Instagram! She did it a few weeks ago for her birthday!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Love the review so far....esp Skydiving!

Good for you.,the shirt was perfect!

 

Seems AQ now boards after Concierge...to get the lunch going `???

Where was E plus in the mix?

 

Glad they supplied the Officer/ Staff spotlight. Easier than just on the TV screen.

Hope you get the  EDGE  Art  Book....will help with the amazing art!

Can't wait to hear about the music / shows!

 

So far the food, esp salad looks great!

 


Elite+ was just after Aqua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay for you and the skydiving! I have to admit, when you were being sly about your Key West plans I thought you might be going to the clothing optional bar <g>.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cdresser said:

Yay for you and the skydiving! I have to admit, when you were being sly about your Key West plans I thought you might be going to the clothing optional bar <g>.


Haha! Nope! I figured easier to not make my parents worry - tell them after the fact! Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Key Lime Pie Co gluten-free pie is my reward for jumping!!

 

4C9466D3-6F5C-4195-BE1A-033F0EE73B36.thumb.jpeg.fc0a92a3f290d22b725b370d90510a2c.jpeg

 

I am not sure if it is because we were an hour late docking due to some issue with a vessel in the channel or what, but we ended up docking right behind Margaritaville and the Carnival ship got Outer Mole!! Woohoo!! No shuttle for me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

SkyDive Key West is incredible!!!

 

4578AAD0-B39D-4A8C-848C-8CE4F508E44A.thumb.jpeg.1aeca222c75b20230706178d01aa2a8c.jpeg

 

89465B71-BE54-49ED-9E90-8D2A030E4D36.thumb.jpeg.5bd11f96453598ea79504ff8f6e52792.jpeg

 

01D904E7-1807-4B34-9803-F957E904F1B5.thumb.jpeg.cc7a464ec22952fafc29ee5ebf0d411b.jpeg

 

A7821491-1CA5-4310-8AEF-2F0BF783BF33.thumb.jpeg.d86d7ebc49b2a3dd4c8ef0d73d8b5245.jpeg

 

2C69E4F8-7895-4FA0-AC6C-356F8F1E3573.thumb.jpeg.caf4b2589bb113058a4c27efb3fd0870.jpeg

Brave!  Off your bucket list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we understand your T-shirt’s message. I’m really enjoying your take on things. You are adventurous. Your students are going to like the “ flying” pictures too. ( I’m also a spec ed teacher, but subbing at the moment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

Now we understand your T-shirt’s message. I’m really enjoying your take on things. You are adventurous. Your students are going to like the “ flying” pictures too. ( I’m also a spec ed teacher, but subbing at the moment).


Thanks!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the pie, I decided to take the trolley tour - be low key for a bit. Came back on board and downed a water, a diet Coke, and a Lemonade Vitamin Water Zero and a little gluten-free falafel. Chilling in my cabin for a little while until we sail away. 

 

Tonight is Kaleidoscope - we'll see. As I said, I'm hyper-critical of theatrical productions. But I want to give it a chance.

 

Dinner tonight is in Tuscan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Was the falafel from the OVC?

 

Yep! They had several kinds today - regular, Mexican, Indian, and Greek I think. I just went regular. Various types of hummus as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boarding March 29th...good stuff so far.  Was that your first sky dive? They have a good website....I have always thought about it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you post pics of the dailies? Me and my crew are boarding the Edge on Sunday. Would be great to have recent dailies as a reference. Enjoying following along and looks like you're having a great time!

 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Boarding March 29th...good stuff so far.  Was that your first sky dive? They have a good website....I have always thought about it...


Yep! First one! They were awesome and made me feel so comfortable!! Had he asked I would have said no flips if we could help it, but we did a few and it was fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danstr said:

Can you post pics of the dailies? Me and my crew are boarding the Edge on Sunday. Would be great to have recent dailies as a reference. Enjoying following along and looks like you're having a great time!

 

Thanks! 


Will try to remember to grab pics of them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...