You're quarantined on a ship for a few weeks. What do you wish you brought?

tomservo

A case of Captain Morgan's Spiced and if that does not work a captive bolt pistol to end it all. I had a 12 night cruise 2 years ago where I was confined to my cabin for 2 days TWICE, almost at the beating head against cabin walls stage by the 4th day.

Final payment date for a June cruise is next week, I am cancelling and saving the money for hopefully better times, plus some Captain Morgan's!

• Haha 1

Ear Plugs in case there is a thoughtless fool in a cabin near mine who insists on playing drums and  the noise is intolerable.

• Haha 4

We would be ok if we were in a celebrity royal suite, since it had separate bedroom , huge balcony with hot tub, couple of large tvs. stocked mini bar and liter of your favorite scotch and vodka.  loved it so much booked it again for next year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

We would be ok if we were in a celebrity royal suite, since it had separate bedroom , huge balcony with hot tub, couple of large tvs. stocked mini bar and liter of your favorite scotch and vodka.  loved it so much booked it again for next year.

What you say here and the way you talked about the yacht club I suggest you could just phone a friend and get the family helicopter to whisk you away to a private hospital somehwere in the Bahamas.

11 hours ago, DarrenM said:

What you say here and the way you talked about the yacht club I suggest you could just phone a friend and get the family helicopter to whisk you away to a private hospital somehwere in the Bahamas.

We do not have a lot of money just like to splurge on vacation but wife works for a company that had many helicopters and planes and has been know to send them when a employee was in need. Not sure if I would want to be in a Bahamas hospital.

I was quarantined for two days on a Princess cruise in December for an upper respiratory infection. I was glad I had my laptop and had purchased the unlimited internet package so I could watch hockey games and read the newspaper.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:29 AM, davecttr said:

A case of Captain Morgan's Spiced and if that does not work a captive bolt pistol to end it all. I had a 12 night cruise 2 years ago where I was confined to my cabin for 2 days TWICE, almost at the beating head against cabin walls stage by the 4th day.

I'm with you! 😎

On 3/2/2020 at 10:19 PM, flowoflife said:

My Bible, Dawn for washing clothes, my Nook with Mah Jong, and exercise bands.

Are you familiar with the YouVersion Bible app?  If you have a smart phone or tablet you could download your favorite version (or maybe even a few for comparisons) and have your Bible with you without need for internet.

Two things I already bring which is extra medicine (although I may need to rethink that in future and pack more than a 1 week extra supply) and my iPad loaded with books for reading.  The other thing, which I usually never bring, is my work laptop so I could work from the ship.  However since I will be retiring in January that would only be an extra item to bring on our next cruise in December...won't be needing it after that.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:44 PM, davekathy said:

My drum kit (set). 

So you can work on your paradiddles and reverse paradiddles,

your triplets and your two-stroke roll.

Good way to spend the time!

Pics - 3 shots

taken inside SABIAN's cymbal vault

up in the New Brunswick woods somewhere..

Our Canada Cruise called in at St. John, NB

which is not too far away -but not exactly close either!

Was never sure if it was feasible to make a quick dash or what.

Always thought it would cost you a fortune in taxi fare!
And it would need to be pre-arranged, too.

img06170fu.jpg

img06185am.jpg

sabian103jc.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 12:29 PM, julig22 said:

Funny - he's the guest right now on the tv show I'm watching.

And, I just watched an episode of Magnum, P.I. on the TV in the owners lounge at my work (I hosted the wine & cheese hour)...

I'd want my Blendjet (a personal USB-powered blender) and a supply of drinks to blend up (along with copious amounts of Titos to mix in there!!!).