Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

48 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

My daughter and her family are choosing to self-isolate. My daughter is ordering food on line. When it arrives, she washes or wipes down every item.

Yes, that needs to be done and then wash your hands thoroughly.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

wow, makes you wonder why isolation is only 4 days then

Isolation is 14 days - but if you carry it you should be symptomatic in that time (if you aren't a carrier that is asymptomatic).

15 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Some even two weeks (17 days). But depends on the material.

Traces of COVID were found on the Diamond Princess when the checked cabins that had been occupied by passengers infected with the virus. But the virus was no longer active.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Pushka said:

It is just a 100 day shutdown much like cinemas, clubs, pubs, restaurants like what is happening to shore based establishments. Nothing strange, unusual or incriminating about ships. They do not want members of the public travelling during the health crisis and draining further medical resources. Cruise ships are no different to your average cinema, football stadium or shopping mall in terms of transmission. The order just prevents them sailing from America for the next 100 days as they are experiencing high death rates on a daily basis of almost 2,000 dead per day. 

1 hour ago, DiamondFour said:

It is just a 100 day shutdown much like cinemas, clubs, pubs, restaurants like what is happening to shore based establishments. Nothing strange, unusual or incriminating about ships. They do not want members of the public travelling during the health crisis and draining further medical resources. Cruise ships are no different to your average cinema, football stadium or shopping mall in terms of transmission. The order just prevents them sailing from America for the next 100 days as they are experiencing high death rates on a daily basis of almost 2,000 dead per day. 

It's not earth shattering but it's a substantial extension from 30 days which was the previous order.

This now extends it to July 18. So much for all those optimists talking about their June-July cruise happening.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Hmm, wonder if it is going world wide or just for the US. Our cruise is supposed to leave 19th July from Stockholm

I would say the US. CDC is American and as the wording clearly said ships sailing in US controlled waters, also be aware of the wording referencing the input and approval of the "leader" of that country. So it could easily be rescinded at any time. Nowhere in the world is the response to Covid 19 more fluid. I dare not go further lest I be reminded about political criticism of some world "leaders"

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I would say the US. CDC is American and as the wording clearly said ships sailing in US controlled waters, also be aware of the wording referencing the input and approval of the "leader" of that country. So it could easily be rescinded at any time. Nowhere in the world is the response to Covid 19 more fluid. I dare not go further lest I be reminded about political criticism of some world "leaders"

Yes, I agree, just wondering if the 100 days trend will follow to other countries as well.

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, I agree, just wondering if the 100 days trend will follow to other countries as well.

It fits with the June 15th resumption that apparently the federal government told the cruise lines may be a resumption date. Bearing in mind things change by the minute and hour so it is just a tentative timetable not to expect any beforehand.

16 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

It fits with the June 15th resumption that apparently the federal government told the cruise lines may be a resumption date. Bearing in mind things change by the minute and hour so it is just a tentative timetable not to expect any beforehand.

100 days makes it 18 July 2020.

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Sounds fair enough for me. In a three month time the situation must be settled alraedy.. well at least in majority countries of the world. The thing is that some countries just started their deadly journey into pandemic, while other are already out. According to World Health Organisation all people of Earth will have to go through COVID in order to create an immunity for the rest.. Hope everyone will fight it off succesfully

1 hour ago, DiamondFour said:

No, you are a month short.

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Correct, that is what it is now, most likely be extended again though.

1 hour ago, subaru94 said:

The 100 days is not locked in stone, all depends on the number of affected people in USA etc. from virus, can end earlier there are 3 options the 100 days is the longest.

Or it can always be extended further.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Or it can always be extended further.

This. 
Plus our ship is currently in the US. It's a med cruise late July. It will have to make its way across to Rome in 8 days. Assuming of course the 100 days sticks and it isn't extended any further. 

57 minutes ago, Pushka said:

This. 
Plus our ship is currently in the US. It's a med cruise late July. It will have to make its way across to Rome in 8 days. Assuming of course the 100 days sticks and it isn't extended any further. 

true, 

9 hours ago, subaru94 said:

The 100 days is not locked in stone, all depends on the number of affected people in USA etc. from virus, can end earlier there are 3 options the 100 days is the longest.

Just as with the previous notice this can also be extended.

6 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Only with passengers to or from the US.

But you're optimistic!

Personally I don't think it is happening, but it hasn't been cancelled yet either, so what do you do but wait. The same applies to our November cruise as the port schedules have changed and now show different dates to the actual Itinerary