Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

My youngest's dining room table. The top comes off to expose a gaming table. 

20211223_123756.thumb.jpg.3f5edfbe3bbfbbab2454fdc706be4894.jpg

Reminds me of the 'fancy eating table' on Beverly Hillbillies 😉

That is a wonderful idea!

Years ago, we had a folding round table top that we would lay on our dining table. 
Lots of card and board games. 

The sides look high enough to double as a craps table. 7 a winner.

• Like 2

I showed it to my grandson Caden.  He said, Nice and it would make a nice pool table too without pockets!  😂 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

That is a wonderful idea!

Years ago, we had a folding round table top that we would lay on our dining table. 
Lots of card and board games. 

Growing up, we used our kitchen table to eat, play games, do homework, etc., etc.  Years later when I married and had a dining room in our house, I still felt most comfortable in my kitchen where our daughter grew up doing her homework.  I even had a plaque:

"No matter where I serve my guests it seems they like my kitchen best".

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My cookie press decided to break after fifty years😢The cookies taste good at least.F89DB77C-A1C5-43FB-B96D-4BEF625E4E5F.thumb.jpeg.be4f9c3696e4d201b7725d2242f4e00f.jpeg

I have a pizzelle maker that my great-grandmother had with the family name on it.  I would let you borrow it but you have hold the iron plates over a fire.  My great-grandmother must have had some strong arms, that thing weights a ton.

I have a more modern one that runs on electricity and I make a few batches at Christmas time to give out.  

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Growing up, we used our kitchen table to eat, play games, do homework, etc., etc.  Years later when I married and had a dining room in our house, I still felt most comfortable in my kitchen where our daughter grew up doing her homework.  I even had a plaque:

"No matter where I serve my guests it seems they like my kitchen best".

My MIL has this same saying in cross-stitch.  I think she said her mother had it in her kitchen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Graham- hope you have a good outcome tomorrow. You know that many people from CC will be thinking of you !

Dani- Your boys look great in those colorful shirts! 

Greg- I am not counting  on any tiara delivery this year.,but thanks for your thoughts,

Actually, my hubby and I were gifting ourselves a Christmas gift of a trip on the Amtrak Autotrain for a stay at two lovely resort hotels in Florida beginning the middle of January. We just cancelled that trip due to the new variant and my husband’s anxiety about traveling while coping with the Covid situation. It is probably for the best. I think there is little sense in going on vacation to relax and not being able to relax due to illness/safety concerns.

So, we will be home for the Winter and we will try to make the best of the time we have at home. Maybe by the Spring or early Summer, things will have improved and we can plan a vacation.

For all those traveling for the holidays, I wish you safe journeys and enjoyable times !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Graham- hope you have a good outcome tomorrow. You know that many people from CC will be thinking of you !

Dani- Your boys look great in those colorful shirts! 

Greg- I am not counting  on any tiara delivery this year.,but thanks for your thoughts,

Actually, my hubby and I were gifting ourselves a Christmas gift of a trip on the Amtrak Autotrain for a stay at two lovely resort hotels in Florida beginning the middle of January. We just cancelled that trip due to the new variant and my husband’s anxiety about traveling while coping with the Covid situation. It is probably for the best. I think there is little sense in going on vacation to relax and not being able to relax due to illness/safety concerns.

So, we will be home for the Winter and we will try to make the best of the time we have at home. Maybe by the Spring or early Summer, things will have improved and we can plan a vacation.

For all those traveling for the holidays, I wish you safe journeys and enjoyable times !

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you so much for your kind words MJ.

Hopefully next year you will be able to go on a relaxing vacation.

I hope you both have a lovely Christmas and New Year at home.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have no shame. The things I will do to be able to put my name in a raffle for purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon. Unfortunately it looks like my name was not drawn.

IMG-7542.thumb.jpg.73a3ef583d25724c9c4f968a119879c6.jpg

You're a winner in my book at least for most adorable reindeer!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Total frustration on getting through Walgreens online for test schedule.  Has been showing "tech errors" for days now.  CVS has blocked out the two days we need for our 48 hour prior test (12/31 and 1/1).  

With Google search, I found a MedFast walk in clinic near us.  Called and talked to the tech directly, can walk in without appointment for Antigen 15 minute test, no charge with insurance, and are open until 6 pm on 12/31 NYE.  🙂 

We ordered the test kits online on Friday and received them Monday.     

All the urgent care centers near us are now charging $99 for the rapid test.     

CVS is booked up till Jan 5th

Walgreens is only booking up to 7 days out and is all booked up as soon as they post new day/time.

We went this afternoon to Walgreens (booked the appointment last thursday) to get the rapid antigen test to make sure all safe to visit with Family and an elderly person that is coming out of her assisted living home.      We went to the drive thru and they told us they were all out of the rapid tests and we could do the PCR test and we should have the results Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.     We did it since we were there but anyone that was expecting to use that test for travel would be screwed.  

If I was you I would be the first people at their door as soon as they open up that day or relax and order the online kits as you have plenty of time for them to arrive thru optum or emed.   It is easy peasy to do😍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@h20skibum safe travels and have a wonderful vacation!

Good news here that Abby’s tummy troubles have resolved and she’s back to normal.  So barring a plague of locusts, Christmas might just go off as planned!  

There are only 8 of us this year.  Besides Andy and I, it’s  middle DD, SIL and their 2 little girls, our youngest DD, and my aunt.  Christmas Eve is at our house with prime rib dinner then gift opening.  Christmas Day brunch at middle DD’s house. Next weekend we all travel to PA to celebrate 2nd Christmas and New Years with our oldest DD, SIL and the 3 boys.  At least that’s the plan - but you know how that often goes, especially lately.  
Tonight is “cookie night” with everyone here & takeout food, an annual tradition since the girls were little, we bake & decorate sugar cookies & spritz cookies. 

Sounds great!    Have lots of fun with "cookie night" 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My cookie press decided to break after fifty years😢The cookies taste good at least.F89DB77C-A1C5-43FB-B96D-4BEF625E4E5F.thumb.jpeg.be4f9c3696e4d201b7725d2242f4e00f.jpeg

The cooks look delicious.     Re- cookie press They don't make them like they used to😄If you bought one nowadays probably lucky if it lasts 5 years. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have no shame. The things I will do to be able to put my name in a raffle for purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon. Unfortunately it looks like my name was not drawn.

IMG-7542.thumb.jpg.73a3ef583d25724c9c4f968a119879c6.jpg

No one can fault you for not being in the Christmas spirit ! 

Pun intended ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pat posted about 1 hour ago on vaccination submissions thread so they are well.

Never heard from @singinalot for a while so hope everything is okay with Crystal and Nate.

They are doing well from what I see on both their Instagram accounts. 

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Best wishes for tomorrow,Graham

From us as well. 

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I space it so it's easier to read. You are the only one complaining. Don't you have something better to do than to count lines? Merry Christmas.

I was going to say something, but you are much more festive than me. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope it goes well for you Lenny this morning.

Thankfully your appointment is only 5 minutes from home.

It should take me just over 10 minutes to get to our hospital.

Graham.

It is good that we do not have that far to go for medical care.My local hospital is also about 10 minutes.

• Like 4

As I have posted previously the owners of the building I worked in for 25 years chose me to go to every floor to sing Christmas songs every year .If you wish to figure out what that would sound like my voice was similiar to Vaughn Monroe.I sang Christmas standards as well as songs that I wrote many of which were parodies of well known songs.I am going to attempt to write and post a song in the next few minutes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Has anyone ever gotten a notification from your iphone saying you had a covid exposure?

Yes, twice.

I was alerted that someone/s in adjacent shops were positives. I've been in this shopping mall around those hours, but far from the respective shops, and never inside.

I appreciate the notifications. For me is better safe than sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, twice.

I was alerted that someone/s in adjacent shops were positives. I've been in this shopping mall around those hours, but far from the respective shops, and never inside.

I appreciate the notifications. For me is better safe than sorry.

I am just concerned about going to my sister's house tomorrow for Christmas Eve and also on Christmas.  I have my Mom coming here tomorrow before we all head there.  I went on FB to our local residents page and there are posts about where to find tests.  First place my DH just went to doesn't have any but he called the other place that people said have them and they said they still do, so he is on his way to buy some.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

On the first day of Christmas Graham said to me 

Please be serious and not silly

On the second day of Christmas Greg said to me

Please include Arzeena and George C

On the third day of Christmas Marietta said to me

Did you see a picture of my Christmas tree?

On the fourth day of Christmas Ozark said to me

There should be a rhyme for Ocean Boy and Dani

On the fifth day of Christmas MaryAnn said to me

I hope there will be no snow in Jersey

On the sixth day of Christmas Bella said to me

Glad to see a verse for a doggie

On the seventh day of Christmas Mimi said to me

Do not forget to include yourself Lenny

On the eight day of Christmas Debbie said to me

Isn’t it great that we have so much fun on CC

On the ninth day of Christmas Owens dad said to me

Can we sing this in the key of G

On the tenth day of Christmas a voice called to me

When will Survivor return to TV

On the eleventh day of Christmas Crystal said to me

Wow ,I am part of this ditty

On the twelvth day of Christmas I said to everyone :

I sincerely apologize if I left you out but I posted as fast as I could and if I have the opportunity to do this next year I will do this in advance.

It has been my honor to have the opportunity to het to “know” all the wonderful people who post here.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3