Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think I keep motivated by doing Fitbit challenges with friends online.   I have been averaging that, most every day this week since we have a fierce competition going on.

.  That is the first car I ever topped 100 mph in.   It is a miracle we survived our youth.

I'd never be able to compete with you on your fitbit, Mark!

True that...surely a miracle!

I was trying to get my rental car back in time while "flying" from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. back in the '60's.  After getting stopped clocking very close to 100, I began crying after the policeman had left and I went on my way.  When I stopped to pay the turnpike toll, I was told I had such beautiful green eyes (they were glistening, I guess due to crying like a baby..lol!)

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And now for a game of Where’s Ricky?

77F45FD7-CB0B-4712-8125-C2BC38198332.thumb.jpeg.89500c66589297508e780efc736b0700.jpeg

I think he needs more stuffed animals to hide in.  This is only about 1/10th of what the grandkids have. 

That's a tough one, since I can't enlarge this picture🤨

• Like 7

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

I saw that DNA tests from Ancestry.com were on sale at Christmas.  (I'm adopted and there is some discrepancy/drama over who my bio-father might have been.)

Same price at Walmart.com as at Ancestry.com, but shipping was free from Walmart.... that was a no-brainer!

I did the 23 and me DNA test...  All I learned is I have very boring DNA 🙂  I am 99.9% European. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Test -- I'm trying to post a video of DH trying his best to comply with the kids' requirements of "hand made pasta".... If the experiment will succeed, he will proceed to find more suitable tools instead of just hangers....

IMG_7391.MOV 24.17 MB · 7 downloads

Wow, thanks for posting.  The kids gave me a pasta attachment for my Kitchenaid a while back.  I have put off making pasta because I have not gotten a noodle rack yet.  I have never thought of of using a hanger.  Great idea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is seriously a concern for us in looking for sun ledge furniture.  The online pictures look great, but the only people sitting in them are 20-something year old, physically fit models wearing bikinis.  We are none of the above.  We're thinking of going with something that's a more upright chair rather than a reclined chaise lounge chair...like this:

image.thumb.png.e401c637001ebd17874df817e4f11b91.png

Signature Chair - In Water Pool Chair | Ledge Lounger (ledgeloungers.com)

They're still low to the water, but hopefully we'll just need to swing our legs to the side and push up.  

Maybe an electric recliner that  leans you forward and throws you out of the chair would be a better fit for you.  😉😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw this ad from 1969 the other day, and I thought there were at least a half dozen I would take at that price. 

250031F0-8B44-4CBB-944D-B43A12988AEA.thumb.jpeg.4d9887b04a87b143d3d3d6226a0113fd.jpeg

I love looking at old car advertisements. When things like "Power Steering" and "Power Brakes" were big options back then. I wonder how many younger drivers today even know what that means?

And "Factory Air"? I guess air conditioning was an dealer-installed or aftermarket add-on back then?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow, thanks for posting.  The kids gave me a pasta attachment for my Kitchenaid a while back.  I have put off making pasta because I have not gotten a noodle rack yet.  I have never thought of of using a hanger.  Great idea. 

Glad to being of help. DH has always such brilliant ideas 😉

Funny you should mention the attachment ... DH was not happy that our pasta "machine", which laid forgotten until this morning, has only 2 "options" - thin and large...

I've mentioned to him that our new Kenwood [which arrived very quickly and had already "produced" cookies, and I find it very "handsome" 😀] has many options of pasta attachments, and we should buy some additional ones --

image.thumb.jpeg.471c05ce5d5ae9193f8a05416be3cb92.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.73e7aac04661d915518076a77e09be7b.jpeg

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe this one will help, when he pops his head up. 

I was indeed looking at this corner, but I thought that his back was so curved, like he's in "attack mode"....

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I love looking at old car advertisements. When things like "Power Steering" and "Power Brakes" were big options back then. I wonder how many younger drivers today even know what that means?

And "Factory Air"? I guess air conditioning was an dealer-installed or aftermarket add-on back then?

Power windows were a major option years ago too. My father refused to pay extra for such "needless" options. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Expensive day today. 

Our Refrigerator’s water dispenser quit working before Christmas and now the fan went out. The fridge is dying and it would cost a lot to even get it fixed. So we bought a new LG fridge with French Doors, two pull out freezer drawers and two ice makers one being a custom craft ice maker ended up spending even though there was a sale over $3400. Sales guy says you are lucky to get 5-7 years out of a fridge. Ours at least lasted 10 years but makes me mad that manufacturers deliberately make appliances to not last. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Signature Chair - In Water Pool Chair | Ledge Lounger (ledgeloungers.com)

They're still low to the water, but hopefully we'll just need to swing our legs to the side and push up.  

LOLOL, I only make moves like that when I wipe out on the Flow Rider.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe an electric recliner that  leans you forward and throws you out of the chair would be a better fit for you.  😉😎

Or just roll right out of the chair right into the pool and gracefully exit the pool at the stairs.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Expensive day today. 

Sales guy says you are lucky to get 5-7 years out of a fridge. Ours at least lasted 10 years but makes me mad that manufacturers deliberately make appliances to not last. 

Sadly, just larger printers.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

Finally had my graduation.  Got to wear my red gown, I had it on through lunch and got quite attached to it.  It feels strange that this is really the end of me coming to Sheffield University, I have been a part time student and the whole journey from application to graduation has been ten years ,! !

I don’t share many photos but I am sharing today’s. 

FC90A5B4-CE4F-4B7E-8FFD-83140A1EB8DB.thumb.jpeg.9da8e6ee2be0a58a4a40ca284804554c.jpeg

• Like 37

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad to being of help. DH has always such brilliant ideas 😉

Funny you should mention the attachment ... DH was not happy that our pasta "machine", which laid forgotten until this morning, has only 2 "options" - thin and large...

I've mentioned to him that our new Kenwood [which arrived very quickly and had already "produced" cookies, and I find it very "handsome" 😀] has many options of pasta attachments, and we should buy some additional ones --

image.thumb.jpeg.471c05ce5d5ae9193f8a05416be3cb92.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.73e7aac04661d915518076a77e09be7b.jpeg

That looks nice.  I like the size and shape of the wisk.  It looks like it would do better than the kitchen aid wisk.  The machine just looks more durable.  I once tried to do a double batch of pizza dough and the kitchen aid did not like it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Expensive day today. 

Our Refrigerator’s water dispenser quit working before Christmas and now the fan went out. The fridge is dying and it would cost a lot to even get it fixed. So we bought a new LG fridge with French Doors, two pull out freezer drawers and two ice makers one being a custom craft ice maker ended up spending even though there was a sale over $3400. Sales guy says you are lucky to get 5-7 years out of a fridge. Ours at least lasted 10 years but makes me mad that manufacturers deliberately make appliances to not last. 

I don’t normally believe in buying extended warranty but I do for fridge , had one by Best Buy and if they can’t fix it in 30 days they will give you the original cost of the appliance. We got a new fridge because ice maker broke. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Power windows were a major option years ago too. My father refused to pay extra for such "needless" options. 

In 2006 l bought my daughter a Corolla for college.  It had manual widows.  It was passed on to the 2nd daughter.  While out one day she asked her friend to roll down the window.  Her friend didn't know how to.  When she showed her how her friend thought it was sooo cool. 😂 

• Haha 16

26 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Finally had my graduation.  Got to wear my red gown, I had it on through lunch and got quite attached to it.  It feels strange that this is really the end of me coming to Sheffield University, I have been a part time student and the whole journey from application to graduation has been ten years ,! !

FC90A5B4-CE4F-4B7E-8FFD-83140A1EB8DB.thumb.jpeg.9da8e6ee2be0a58a4a40ca284804554c.jpeg

Congrats on your graduation 🎓 and thanks for posting the pic!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Congratulations on your graduation. 🎉👏🍾

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Congratulations!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our grandson has another bad cold so I've been nursing him the last three days whilst his parents worked. He's been sleeping a lot cuddled in my lap, so of course the inevitable has happened and now I have a lousy cold and feel pretty rough. So taking it easy today. Had to cancel a few things, but hoping it won't be a two week cold like last month. 

Sorry your little grandson has been sick again.  Wishing you a speedy recovery from your cold this time around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

What a lovely photo.

Congratulations on your graduation.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Expensive day today. 

I'm interested in what you think about the craft ice.  We will soon be in the market for a new fridge, because I will likely beat our existing Samsung fridge with a hammer the next time the ice maker freezes over (happens about once every 3 weeks now).  Extremely frustrating so a new fridge from Samsung is a hard no.  The LGs look nice and the craft ice is an interesting idea.

• Like 2