Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@helen haywood@bobmacliberty

Y’all may or may not be aware, but the Shrimp Festival is May 5-7 in downtown Fernandina. 
The best day is Saturday. The Palsce Saloon will be open for drinks; at least in the past, no alcohol on Sundays. Everybody will be there, so go early for parking. Every kind of seafood and everything else.

In the middle of Centre St are some really good artists; painters, sculptors, you name it.
Arts and crafts on side streets. 
Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothes. 
Wish I could still handle it, but I spent probably 40 years going every year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Speaking of Dolphins, we usually see them as our ship departs Galveston.  Such a nice sight.

On another note, can anyone help with the comfort of those zero gravity loungers?  Are they comfy for reading with my legs up?  The following is just an example of the type of lounger I mean:

Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair Oversized Recliner Padded Folding Patio product image 1 of 4 slides

I went to my favorite food store Central Market today.  They sell crisp NY Macintosh apples in season, in addition to real NYC pastrami.  The pastrami name is Carnegie even though the famous deli in the theater district closed.  The most authentic I've had in the Dallas area.  Tonight's dinner will be pastrami sandwiches on crusty sourdough rye, potato salad, cole slaw, all from Central Market.  NOT your usual store bought salads or bread.  Trust me on this.  I also bought something I had never seen before; dark chocolate covered pistachios.  Unbelievably delicious.

Did you ever have chocolate covered apricots ? We have a package

I never heard of this previously.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I LOVE quahogs.🙂🙂🙂

Do you like ‘Stuffies’?  I make a damn good one, if I say so myself. I add ground chorizo, a finely chopped red bell pepper and the stuffing is crushed Ritz cracker crumbs. The key is to very lightly spoon them into the quahog shell, don’t pack it in which makes them too dense.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@dani negreanu I’m glad to hear your DH is feeling better and hope you can now reschedule your trip. By the way, I sent you a message on What’sApp ( Helen shared your number.) I’m not sure I sent it correctly. If Helen gave you my number, would you please message me when you can?  
@aussielozzie18 sorry you’ve come down with C19, hope you have a mild case. 
It looks like we’ll be going to Disney again the 1st weekend in January. All three girls successfully entered to run the marathon on January 7th.  They’ve done half marathons before but this is the first full one so we want to be there to cheer them on. 
As OB posted (along with his foot pics), the weather has been freakishly hot these past two days.  This was today on my way home from the grocery store around 1:30 pm. DF1D97A3-10BA-4B38-AA64-E5527D50F2FE.thumb.jpeg.df8965edbda19d6d3313c0697455f809.jpeg

80s on 8 … nice 😀

You folks are a caring and fun group.  A lot like most of the folks we met on Odyssey.  Would love to join the:

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

the Shrimp Festival is May 5-7 in downtown Fernandina. 

I can eat shrimp with the best of them.  Probably too far to drive...

One pic from our Odyssey cruise, which we continue to bask in the afterglow from a week or so ago.  This from an RCL excursion - Sunset Cruise in Aruba - that I fully recommend if you find yourself in those beautiful waters.  Making spaghetti tonight for my dear wife and I, sure wish it could morph into any of the meals we had at Giovanni's

image.thumb.png.57b37558446cd7976512f2c310012c75.png

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wednesday was 8 months old.  Time flys.  We, mostly Sharon, have been babysitting her weekdays since the beginning of the year while DD works.  I know that it is hard to leave pets behind while cruising but starting Monday we will not be babysitting for a month!  Finnly's DD will be off the next two weeks then we leave for Hawaii for the two weeks.  I bet she will grow in that time.

IMG_7034.thumb.jpeg.fd8b70490d6837eea93d5bf919de2150.jpeg

IMG_7037.thumb.jpeg.dde9a407d465e50066ff9ce83fe026f5.jpeg

IMG_7039.thumb.jpeg.4dfa78924474255f3576deedf708af20.jpeg

IMG_7041.thumb.jpeg.9706473c54e4d63756355c046a58d0a3.jpeg

IMG_7043.thumb.jpeg.64d3e207710ad0a7ff3221db519a6d05.jpeg

Such a sweetie🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

You folks are a caring and fun group.  A lot like most of the folks we met on Odyssey.  Would love to join the:

One pic from our Odyssey cruise, which we continue to bask in the afterglow from a week or so ago.  This from an RCL excursion - Sunset Cruise in Aruba - that I fully recommend if you find yourself in those beautiful waters.  Making spaghetti tonight for my dear wife and I, sure wish it could morph into any of the meals we had at Giovanni's

Beautiful photo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Do you like ‘Stuffies’?  I make a damn good one, if I say so myself. I add ground chorizo, a finely chopped red bell pepper and the stuffing is crushed Ritz cracker crumbs. The key is to very lightly spoon them into the quahog shell, don’t pack it in which makes them too dense.  

Yum!  I used to work at a mutual fund company in Boston and we had a few pot luck luncheons around the holidays where everyone would bring their families favorite dish.  Every year, we all looked forward to the Stuffies that one person who commuted from Rhode Island made.  The recipe sounds just like yours.

• Like 1

Happy Friday everyone  - having a drink in honor of my friend (and barber) who passed away yesterday way too soon.  Viewing was today.    About 2 years ago he went to ER with extreme headache pains and left being diagnosed with brain cancer and  maybe 1 year to live.  He fought for 2 years and got to take his wife and 3 kids to Disney and to the beach one last time.  45 years old.  Harsh reminder of how fragile life is.  Please join me in a toast to Matt.  Cheers!  🍻🍻

70A2C703-C1A3-4037-8C49-6AAD661B531E.thumb.jpeg.bd0dd33897fc466af69cd1d9f96bf2a2.jpeg

• Like 31

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Amazing .............Beach day in April in Rhode Island just doesn't sound right.............

Yes, it is unusually hot for April.   Here in PA we reached 90 yesterday and 88 today.   We have had our AC on since Tuesday night.   I don't remember ever turning on this early.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We bought zero gravity chairs years ago.  We hated them, and got rid of them.

I was at a backyard party at the beach last year, when my friend's SIL was sitting on one and sat all the way back on it.  Her Apple Watch asked her if she had fallen...we all had a good laugh over that!

Thanks, Maryann!  That's enough for me.

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you ever have chocolate covered apricots ? We have a package

I never heard of this previously.

Yes, I've had them.  Not a tremendous fan.  I would rather eat both ingredients separately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks, Maryann!  That's enough for me.

Yes, I've had them.  Not a tremendous fan.  I would rather eat both ingredients separately.

I am not supposed to eat chocolate due to having optical (ocular) migraines but I decided to try the apricot .

31 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Gorgeous.  Even better to be there in person taking the photo.   Sunsets in Aruba are the best.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can't speak about the Barracuda but for our pool in Cincinnati, we had a Dolphin Nautilus pool cleaner.  It worked great.  Throw it in and press a button.  No suction hose needed.  It was very good at getting itself unstuck from stairs and corners, and would climb the walls to clean the tiles at water level. 

We use a pool service here.  Everyone seems to just hire a service for their pool and their lawn.  The previous owners had an automatic cleaner that's on a shelf in our garage, but I've never tried it.  

Edit: FWIW...the unused pool cleaner in our garage is a Polaris Vac-Sweep 360.

Thanks for your input, Bob.  I appreciate it.  

Mostly everyone on our block here in NJ has lawn service..we only use them for edging our walk and driveway.  I love mowing the lawn, but the day may be coming.  

As far as pool service, we all just use them to open and close our pools around here.😉

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Not until late September.  We have our family Disney trip the third week of August and are taking the two oldest grandsons on a 3 night cruise out of PC on Independence the weekend prior. It’s their first cruise (Mom & Dad have zero interest), I’m not sure who’s more excited - them or us!

As far as pool cleaners, at our previous house we had a Polaris which was fine but it had a little mesh bag that collected debris but if you left the bag out, squirrels would eat through it. This pool we have a Hayward.  I know nothing about them, but my ‘pool boy’ says he loves it; does a great job cleaning and doesn’t get stuck in corners, stairs, etc. 

Thanks, Deb.  Please tell your "pool boy" that Jim and I said hi!!  Good to know about the Hayward as well as the Polaris.

You've really got a lot of fun things planned for this coming Summer and Fall.  How great that you are taking your grandsons on their first cruise!  I remember you mentioning that.  When we cruised the Mediterranean, our first cruise was the beginning of September (I remember the date since it was our grandson and granddaughters' shared birthdays) and the second was mid October.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My hair stylist is in that shopping area in Allen/Fairview.  Lots of restaurants.  

Wife’s gps was off took us a while to find this small restaurant, it is a little too far for us to visit that often . Pizza there is supposed to be good . 

• Like 2

Hope all are well.  

Never a dull moment. 

To start I went to Staples to have them print the Baptism invitations. But their machine is broke. Parts came in today. And I can pick them  up at 9 am. And do a marathon addressing. 

Contacted Brandon s mom and she readily gave me all their immediate family addresses. 

Cake ordered

Have to decide on flowers. 

Have to start baking for cookie table. 

Then Sunday off to my new job. Babysitting Sunday thru Wednesday. 

But the most rewarding time is with my husband. Friday and Saturday dinners and us time.  We always have a well

planned home made meal on Sunday s.  But right now that is not happening. 

So tonight we had filet, mushrooms green beans and salad. 

Tomorrow we shall see what will be. 

51EB9AEF-4A8C-470A-8AB9-ABECBC034672.thumb.jpeg.04333be7eb1c8541e038bd24af89d597.jpeg

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Love this picture!!!!!

27 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Try some geoducks when next in Vancouver.

??????

• Like 1