Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

OB we will have a private consultation on Bella 2.

Accompanied by a glass of Kraken and a glass of H2O.

This, by a woman who doesn't drink much??  It will be quite a conversation!  (Only kidding, Arzeena🥰..love you!)

Oh, did you mean a Kraken for OB as you have a drink of water?😁

🥰😘🥰😘🥰😘

• Haha 1

Speaking of animal encounters - not sure if this made the news elsewhere - a 55yo surfer who was wing surfing  at Mona Vale Beach this morning was having a great session speeding across the water when a whale suddenly leaped out of the water and slammed into him.  The surfer’s leg rope got tangled with the whale and he was dragged under until luckily the leg rope snapped and he was able to swim back up to the surface.  He was also very lucky that it was a juvenile whale with no barnacles. A passerby happened to be filming him so the moment of impact was caught on camera and the surfer had a GoPro on his board as well Thankfully surfer & whale are ok and the surfer has no hesitation in returning to the ocean & his wing surfing.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 12

19 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Not sure I should laugh at this but that last line….Hope the chipmunk stayed on the floor and didn’t try to climb up you to escape 

Don’t really remember the end of the story.  I think we had one traumatized female, one relieved chipmunk and one frustrated cat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Bob and Mark,

Looking at map and it is taking me along 95 to 77 then 77 up to Silverton then a route 33 to Columbus.

But to get to 77 around Columbia Sc, one has to use I 26. I can work around that.

Sorry, this is woman asking for directions 🤣. Would a man ever!

Thanks for all your input.

I wouldn't try to avoid I-26 unless Google Maps/Waze tells you that it's really busy.  That's usually only around major holidays.  If I-26 has a problem, then I-95 in SC will almost certainly have a problem also.  It was bad enough once (going South) that I "cut the corner" and took SR 21 from Orangeburg down to where it ties back in to I-95.  I'm not sure if it saved me any significant time, but at least it wasn't stop and go.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This, by a woman who doesn't drink much??  It will be quite a conversation!  (Only kidding, Arzeena🥰..love you!)

Oh, did you mean a Kraken for OB as you have a drink of water?😁

🥰😘🥰😘🥰😘

yes! Hence the glass of H2O 😁😁🥰

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Has anyone seen Dani respond to any posts lately?  I haven’t seen any ❤️ responses, or actual comments for a bit.

We are all thinking about our family from afar. 

Thanks, Andrew.

Living in uncertainty.

Biggest failure ever of our army and famous intelligence services.

Not even a grain of faith in our PM and his unfit ministers that he has our country and my fellow citizens in his best interests 😢

Back to Sea Dog's & Co cruise, that's what keeps me going.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

We now always fly first , on last trip I got email on how my flight was , I complained that we didn’t get a drink before plane took off , on next two flights we had our drinks .

Loads of rain which is needed here, pool is almost full with lots of rain in forecast, might need to pump some water out of the pool. Next flight a month away for our cruise to Galveston , we are the only people we know that flys rather than the 5 hour drive. 

Yes, still raining. We need it though so I won’t complain.

We always drive to Galveston.  For one thing, it’s a pain to get from the airport to the port.  We do drive down the day prior and usually stay at the Tremont.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Yes, still raining. We need it though so I won’t complain.

We always drive to Galveston.  For one thing, it’s a pain to get from the airport to the port.  We do drive down the day prior and usually stay at the Tremont.

We always fly in day before, this year we are trying a new hotel/resort Moody Gardens which appears very nice , like that they have a good restaurant and a piano bar.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

We now always fly first , on last trip I got email on how my flight was , I complained that we didn’t get a drink before plane took off , on next two flights we had our drinks .

Loads of rain which is needed here, pool is almost full with lots of rain in forecast, might need to pump some water out of the pool. Next flight a month away for our cruise to Galveston , we are the only people we know that flys rather than the 5 hour drive. 

I would fly before I would drive 5 hrs. I love flying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't try to avoid I-26 unless Google Maps/Waze tells you that it's really busy.  That's usually only around major holidays.  If I-26 has a problem, then I-95 in SC will almost certainly have a problem also.  It was bad enough once (going South) that I "cut the corner" and took SR 21 from Orangeburg down to where it ties back in to I-95.  I'm not sure if it saved me any significant time, but at least it wasn't stop and go.  

It was either last year, or the year before that Waze routed us that way because of the stop and go traffic, with maybe a wreck or two to add to the mix.   Maybe we will miss it since we are going down earlier this year.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know it's a special place for you and your family.  Funny, I've been in TX for 20 years but all it takes is a picture or some words about a place I know so well to bring me back home again.

Something happened to me that I must share.  Today was my weekly card game and a Southern lady who sat next to me asked where I was from.  A new player and I thought how nice to get to know one another. I proudly said "NY" and she said "Oh, I'm sorry".  No smile, no smirk. No kidding.  I saw red and I quickly responded "well bless your little heart" which down here can be seen as a compliment dipped in venom.  The nerve AND she's a lousy card player!

I gave your post a "Like" for remembering why Rockland Lake State Park is a special place 💜 and not for the negative energy given off by your new card playing  friend.  Even if she may have had a bad experience in NY or with NY'ers, I don't see how anyone can give you nasty vibes being as sweet & kind as you are.

I love you response & hope she always loses to you at cards. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NHProud said:

Maybe she meant she’s sorry about 9/11 .  There’s someone on here that has belittled, criticized and insulted my ethnic background twice . I’ve not said anything because I think it comes from ignorance. 

I know you don't want to drag this out so if you choose to not reply to my question so the topic goes away, I'm okay with that. It's all good.

When you say "on here",  do you mean CC in general or Dani's thread specifically?  Or on a cruise ship?

I'm just being nosy as I'm sometimes oblivious to what is going on around me. No harm, no foul if you rather not elaborate. I'm not looking for you to name names. 🙂

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know it's a special place for you and your family.  Funny, I've been in TX for 20 years but all it takes is a picture or some words about a place I know so well to bring me back home again.

Something happened to me that I must share.  Today was my weekly card game and a Southern lady who sat next to me asked where I was from.  A new player and I thought how nice to get to know one another. I proudly said "NY" and she said "Oh, I'm sorry".  No smile, no smirk. No kidding.  I saw red and I quickly responded "well bless your little heart" which down here can be seen as a compliment dipped in venom.  The nerve AND she's a lousy card player!

My late friend Pamela and her husband moved from NY to Houston then retired to a suburb of Dallas.She met many people who were retirees there originally from Brooklyn.She even started a Brooklyn club.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NHProud said:

I really do not want to drag this out . I’m French-Canadian American. My family is from Trois Rivières.  Reason why ? Didn’t know my family comes from French Canada. You would have to ask that person why slam French Canadians ? 

My wife and I and our then 2 year old daughter vacationed in Trois Rivières in 1976.It was very beautiful.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My late friend Pamela and her husband moved from NY to Houston then retired to a suburb of Dallas.She met many people who were retirees there originally from Brooklyn.She even started a Brooklyn club.

We ex-NYers are all over the world.  Easy to find us when we start "tawking".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Andrew.

Living in uncertainty.

Biggest failure ever of our army and famous intelligence services.

Not even a grain of faith in our PM and his unfit ministers that he has our country and my fellow citizens in his best interests 😢

Back to Sea Dog's & Co cruise, that's what keeps me going.

I'm so sorry to hear what you have to endure every day Dani @dani negreanu.

Our prayers 🙏 for a solution and peace for you all.

Take care and please keep safe.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On a totally different note than any topic discussed, I am so happy to finally find a way to peel hard boil eggs without taking half the egg off with the shell.

For those interested:

. Place refrigerated eggs in boiling water.  Cold eggs in hot water shrinks the membrane away from the shell.

. For hard boiled, bring back to boil and cook for 13 minutes.

. When time is up, pour out the hot water and pour some cool water in the pot.  No need for an ice bath.

. Cover the pot and shake vigorously for a few seconds.

. Some of the eggs actually peel inside the pot

. Take out eggs and the peel slides off of the egg effortless.

We had egg salad for lunch. 😄🥚🥚

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Exactly.In 2010 we cruised with close friends to the Panama Canal.We met a couple on the ship and engaged in conversation,They were from PA.

He had a distinctive accent and told us that he grew up in Beaumont ,Texas.My friends father grew up there as well and the guy and my friend began conversing.The guys wife did not have an accent and I jokingly said to her that she must be from Brooklyn.She was and we both went to the same HS.She was 2 years older than me but we hung out in the same places.We exchanged e-mails and had many interesting conversations.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm practicing for my trip to NYC in January so that I can properly order a "cawfee" in the morning.  I play golf with 2 guys...one from NYC with as big a NY accent as you can get and the other from Georgia, with as big a GA drawl as you can get.  They practically can't understand each other.  😁

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

On a totally different note than any topic discussed, I am so happy to finally find a way to peel hard boil eggs without taking half the egg off with the shell.

For those interested:

. Place refrigerated eggs in boiling water.  Cold eggs in hot water shrinks the membrane away from the shell.

. For hard boiled, bring back to boil and cook for 13 minutes.

. When time is up, pour out the hot water and pour some cool water in the pot.  No need for an ice bath.

. Cover the pot and shake vigorously for a few seconds.

. Some of the eggs actually peel inside the pot

. Take out eggs and the peel slides off of the egg effortless.

We had egg salad for lunch. 😄🥚🥚

I'm so glad that you posted this.  I just did battle with some eggs a few days ago to make egg salad and I was ready to throw things around the kitchen by the time I was done.  I had to pick off the shell in little 1/4" by 1/4" pieces...sometimes taking a chunk of egg with the shell.  I'm writing this down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Exactly.In 2010 we cruised with close friends to the Panama Canal.We met a couple on the ship and engaged in conversation,They were from PA.

He had a distinctive accent and told us that he grew up in Beaumont ,Texas.My friends father grew up there as well and the guy and my friend began conversing.The guys wife did not have an accent and I jokingly said to her that she must be from Brooklyn.She was and we both went to the same HS.She was 2 years older than me but we hung out in the same places.We exchanged e-mails and had many interesting conversations.

There are people here who were born in Dallas as their parents were.  True Native Dallasites.  Yet, they have absolutely no accent at all.  Hard to tell where they're from.  Then there are those native Dallasites who talk pure down home Texan.

Whenever I meet someone, they KNOW where I'm from.

• Like 2