Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Keksie said:

Lately it is so hard to not post but it is the Holidays and I don't want to play Monopoly.  Sigh.  Therefore, I am going to make a couple different cookies for the tractor party tomorrow and put together a white elephant gift for my yarn party Sunday.  

I was reading a post this week about white elephant ideas & quite a few people suggested wrapping an white elephant statue…hope you enjoy your parties.

• Haha 2

My work colleague and I share a love of cruising.  She cruises exclusively Royal whilst I cruise whatever suits me.  We are unable to cruise together but tend to book our cruises close to each other.  I told her this  morning about my new VV booking (still a work in progress) and suffering FOMO she did some research and plans to book Sydney/Hobart/Adelaide/Sydney on the Ovation. Her first visit to Adelaide via ship. Made me think of Pauline’s cousin @grapau27

Any plans to visit South Australia on the horizon for you, Graham?

• Like 2

Queensland have their first cyclone of the cyclone season heading their way.  A Carnival cruise that was due to visit Far North Queensland from Brisbane, is now diverting south to Sydney.  General consensus seems to be that the cruisers are happy to be out of harms way and see the unexpected opportunity to explore Sydney, as a welcome bonus.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I do hope you & Gary  make it down here one day.  Love Singapore.  Adding on a short cruise from Singapore is a great idea too. 

Thank you, you have definitely more than whetted my appetite with all your beautiful photos , though we've wanted to visit for a long time. Gary wants to visit Japan too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 44°F and raining here at 08.44am.

Prayers 🙏 for Dani @dani negreanu her family, friends and country.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG-20231208-WA0000.jpg

Beautiful tree Graham . We choose one yesterday but its still outside. Hoping to put it up today. We usually buy one decoration a year, so our decorations go back to when our children were born and our nativity scene use to belong to mum 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Greg, Jack wanted me to thank you for posting the knee brace info in here.  It makes a difference when he wears it.  Definitely cuts down on some the pain.

I am happy he likes it and it’s helping. I know I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked for me.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 44°F and raining here at 08.44am.

Prayers 🙏 for Dani @dani negreanu her family, friends and country.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG-20231208-WA0000.jpg

Looks beautiful. Well done.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Love your porch decorations & the welcome mat 🐾

Linda is getting pretty good at her crafting. Thank you I will relay your comments to her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Beautiful tree Graham . We choose one yesterday but its still outside. Hoping to put it up today. We usually buy one decoration a year, so our decorations go back to when our children were born and our nativity scene use to belong to mum 

Thank you Sue.

All of our ornaments have sentimental reasons for us too and some were bought from places we had cruised to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My work colleague and I share a love of cruising.  She cruises exclusively Royal whilst I cruise whatever suits me.  We are unable to cruise together but tend to book our cruises close to each other.  I told her this  morning about my new VV booking (still a work in progress) and suffering FOMO she did some research and plans to book Sydney/Hobart/Adelaide/Sydney on the Ovation. Her first visit to Adelaide via ship. Made me think of Pauline’s cousin @grapau27

Any plans to visit South Australia on the horizon for you, Graham?

Australia is Definitely on our list.

The long flight has been a deterrent up to now.

Pauline's cousin wants us to stay with them in Adelaide so next year or 2025 is something we will be looking at.

Ironically we paid for a 30 day Royal Caribbean cruise in a balcony cabin flights and hotel  stays around Australia and New Zealand 10 years ago including spending money for Pauline's sister and her husband who we have not been on friendly terms with for 9 years.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MJSailors said:

I do enjoy reading live reviews and reviews of cruises posted by many on CC.

I read them on many forums, namely those posted on RCL, Celebrity, Princess, NCL and sometimes Carnival.

If there is too much chatter, I scroll past it to read what the OP is posting.

There is a Princess poster @Bimmer09 who writes excellent reviews with

photos of his cruises and travels. The only trouble is, he takes one , possibly two cruises a year, so the reviews limited.

Wishing all who celebrate a very happy Hanukkah!

Shalom

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Thanks for the shout-out MJ!

I have 4 cruises booked at the moment-up until October 2025. The first one sails December 20 to the Panama canal and back. Ruby Princess photo/video review kicks off January 1 2024.

The other 3 are HAL times 2 (Eastern Med 14 day, Arctic Circle 14 day) and a Celebrity 9 day to Spain, Portugal and Morocco, Oct 2025.

Some Euro land excursions in the mix too.

Hope to see you in the Ruby review!

Norris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, Norris!

You certainly have a lot of travel ahead of you!

Enjoy every bit of it.

I will definitely  look for your review on the Princess boards-a very good way to begin 2024. Although, we never sailed on the Ruby, we took several cruises on the Crown which I think is the Ruby’s sister ship. Photos of the ship in your review will bring back some pleasant memories.

Wishing you and Carol a happy holiday season,bon voyage and many blessings in the new year!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Queensland have their first cyclone of the cyclone season heading their way.  A Carnival cruise that was due to visit Far North Queensland from Brisbane, is now diverting south to Sydney.  General consensus seems to be that the cruisers are happy to be out of harms way and see the unexpected opportunity to explore Sydney, as a welcome bonus.

We fly to Australia in 7 weeks.  Silly us didn’t even think/ know about cyclone season when we booked our adventures. Hoping things will be quiet then.  Our itinerary has already changed quite a bit.  They added a couple of overnights and dropped several ports of call including the one in Indonesia.  No one has control of the weather though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

.How about Allen Watson who pitched for the Yankees in 1999 and 2000.He is good friends with one of my neighbors.

No, I don't remember him which is odd because I used to watch a lot of Yankee games on TV back then. It was during their "dynasty" years.  I had to look him up. Seems like he only pitched as a reliever sporadically in a few games over a period of couple of months, got injured and was never able to come back.  Certainly not enough to leave an impression.

• Like 1

Going back to the shingles conversation, is it possible to have a mild case of shingles? About 7 or 8 years ago, I had a weird looking rash on my right side rib cage, a long ugly looking strip.  Didn't itch or hurt but after some prodding from family, I went to my doctor & as soon as he looked at it said "Yep, you have Shingles". Gave a prescription and within a week or two, it was gone. Never even got the pain medicine prescription filled as it there was no pain or itchiness.

I also don't remember having chicken pox as a child but apparently I must've.

• Like 2

Just finished a stay in the shelter. Sadly, no end in sight 😢

Thank you to all those who wished "Happy Hanukah" -- @grapau27, @sgmn, @akcruz, @Sunshine3601, @lenquixote66, @jagsfan, @MJSailors, @jmh2006, @NHProud, @DaniDanielle, @BonTexasNY, @A&L_Ont, @h20skibum, @Momof3gurlz, @Keksie, @Tree_skier (Dave, enjoy the chants and the lights, and, of course, the traditional "donats") and last, but not least Greg @Sea Dog -- so sorry you had to cancel the Beyond cruise, but, sometimes, maybe there is something else better that you might get late in the future 😘

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just finished a stay in the shelter. Sadly, no end in sight 😢

Thank you to all those who wished "Happy Hanukah" -- @grapau27, @sgmn, @akcruz, @Sunshine3601, @lenquixote66, @jagsfan, @MJSailors, @jmh2006, @NHProud, @DaniDanielle, @BonTexasNY, @A&L_Ont, @h20skibum, @Momof3gurlz, @Keksie, @Tree_skier (Dave, enjoy the chants and the lights, and, of course, the traditional "donats") and last, but not least Greg @Sea Dog -- so sorry you had to cancel the Beyond cruise, but, sometimes, maybe there is something else better that you might get late in the future 😘

Thank you Dani! I hope and wish for you this Hanukkah celebration is to remain safe and surrounded by love. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Husky1987   Looks like you got that roof on just in time before all that rain  in Washington.

Just how close to Washington's Snoqualmie Falls do you live? Usually this is just a peaceful water fall. Looks like Niagara Falls  with all the rain you have had. Would be cool to see it in person if you live near by.

We have been there, but never looked like this.

https://weather.com/news/weather/video/snoqualmie-falls-rages-amid-pacific-northwest-flooding

This is where Twin Peaks as filmed.  I’d love to see it in person too. 

A vlogger I follow did an extensive video on locations. At 35 minutes in is the falls. If you loved Twin Peaks this is a great video to watch 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is where Twin Peaks as filmed.  I’d love to see it in person too. 

A vlogger I follow did an extensive video on locations. At 35 minutes in is the falls. If you loved Twin Peaks this is a great video to watch 

I drive by the RR Diner (Mar-T Cafe, although now it's called something else, but still has the same sign on the corner) all the time going to see my brother...but I've never stopped in for a slice of cherry pie.

Anytime anyone asks what the best TV pilot ever is, the answer is always Twin Peaks.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Going back to the shingles conversation, is it possible to have a mild case of shingles? About 7 or 8 years ago, I had a weird looking rash on my right side rib cage, a long ugly looking strip.  Didn't itch or hurt but after some prodding from family, I went to my doctor & as soon as he looked at it said "Yep, you have Shingles". Gave a prescription and within a week or two, it was gone. Never even got the pain medicine prescription filled as it there was no pain or itchiness.

I also don't remember having chicken pox as a child but apparently I must've.

I had huge blisters on my forehead which was diagnosed as shingles. It wasn’t painful and it didn’t itch.  I was told to isolate until it cleared up.  

• Like 3