Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If I were to come back as an animal, I know where I’d want my forever home to be. ❤️

Well, you’d be welcome here too!  (Of course, you’d be promptly neutered at either place…)

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 2
  • Haha 16

While back alert  emails from CC stopped for reactions or reply to my posts. I really  think it's a good thing.Just clutters up my inbox for my emails.

Now I just get the alerts up in the right hand corner of the page and check them there. So this way works better for me. Hope it stays like that.

• Like 3

Speaking of Daryl, has anyone used an online service that prints t-shirts?  We were looking at getting the family Daryl t-shirts for our Utopia sailing. (Yeah, we will probably be one of those families)

When our grandkids stayed over last weekend, my grandson wanted to see what we could come up with as a graphic for the shirts.  So he and I played around with my antique version of photoshop (ver 6), and came up with this. 

IMG_6677.thumb.jpeg.3472d6e096c6d298cd73833efb61e5db.jpeg

We may have names, or staff positions under the graphic.  The front of the shirt would have a smaller version with the graphic with the ship name.

IMG_6676.thumb.jpeg.c5acc7f9c56abd6a6bc6c2b361fa5127.jpeg

Still have to tweak and align lettering, but this is the idea of what we want to do.  Will need to find out from the printer if we need to turn the text into vectors, as well as any other requirements.  And, I guess the real Daryl will be coming on that cruise too.

Anyone have any place to recommend?  I may check with a local place that prints shirts too.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What deck is the Js you got assigned? Deck 7 not so good.

LOL actually it is worse... It's deck 6.  But I love aft cabins no matter where they are.  I know the view is the most impaired there but for us it is the space on the balcony that we love. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

LOL actually it is worse... It's deck 6.  But I love aft cabins no matter where they are.  I know the view is the most impaired there but for us it is the space on the balcony that we love. 

Oh yeah 6 is the worst. It's like sitting inside a cave,that and the crew coming out on deck 5 below you smoke on their breaks.

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh yeah 6 is the worst. It's like sitting inside a cave,that and the crew coming out on deck 5 below you smoke on their breaks.

I've seen YouTube videos... I think we will be fine 🙂 

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've seen YouTube videos... I think we will be fine 🙂 

Yes the cabin is fine for the extra space for only $300,as far as that goes can't beat that.

I'm wondering now with Royal Up,does it work like Gty's......should you see another JS become available say mid ship could you switch to that for free like you can do with Gty's?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of Daryl, has anyone used an online service that prints t-shirts?  We were looking at getting the family Daryl t-shirts for our Utopia sailing. (Yeah, we will probably be one of those families)

When our grandkids stayed over last weekend, my grandson wanted to see what we could come up with as a graphic for the shirts.  So he and I played around with my antique version of photoshop (ver 6), and came up with this. 

We may have names, or staff positions under the graphic.  The front of the shirt would have a smaller version with the graphic with the ship name.

Still have to tweak and align lettering, but this is the idea of what we want to do.  Will need to find out from the printer if we need to turn the text into vectors, as well as any other requirements.  And, I guess the real Daryl will be coming on that cruise too.

Anyone have any place to recommend?  I may check with a local place that prints shirts too.

That's Cute! I think we used Zazzle, when we (as a group) had T-Shirts made for a cruise: https://www.zazzle.com

• Like 2

When do you have planned to cruise Utopia. 

• Like 1

The refuge uses Bonfire custom tees.  I am not sure about prices etc.  I do know the tees and sweatshirts are really good quality, very comfortable and last a long time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes the cabin is fine for the extra space for only $300,as far as that goes can't beat that.

I'm wondering now with Royal Up,does it work like Gty's......should you see another JS become available say mid ship could you switch to that for free like you can do with Gty's?

Yes. 

Did you have actual experience with one of these cabins or are you speculating?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Working on the second round and feeling very at peace. I guess this is why the sea calls us. Very aware right now that God has given me a very blessed life.

20240207_160829.thumb.jpg.81ef92169e2e11683d503f6c25f78b05.jpg

Pleased to hear you are having a fantastic time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

After reading about everyone's adventures on their current sailings, it's finally our turn.  We leave tomorrow to fly to Miami for Friday departure on 9-night Explorer sailing.  It's been quite a few years since we've been on that ship, but love the Freedom class ships.

Explorer was our first RCI sailing. It will always be special. BTW, it is a Voyager class ship.

• Like 2