Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, mafig said:

jagsfan, when is your cruise?

The 27th. Postponed from March ‘20 and then  March ‘21. 
I had a bad November and December and really need this cruise. 
Our last one was a Princess 27 day in April ‘19,   and nothing since then. 
We’ve all been starving, so reading the reviews has fed my appetite till I’m ravenous!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

We have made test appointments for our last 2 cruises, both times CVS in the morning and Walgreens the afternoon of the same day. Both times we had no problem with CVS, got the result about an hour later, and then cancelled the Walgreens appointments.  I can't answer as to whether two tests the same day would be covered. 

And you are correct that you can't make the Walgreens appointment as far ahead as the CVS one. 

I’ve got fingers and toes crossed till the 25th that we get our results back quickly and that they’re negative. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Bill asked when we use them for the cruise. And I laughed and laughed. :classic_biggrin: I explained that these tests are just for our own amusement. :classic_smile: (which he thought was funny and several jokes later)

Patti,

I used the first of my "govt. tests" today as a "pre-test'.  Wanted to be sure I was negative before I used one of my Binax Now monitored tests.  I board the Navigator on Monday. 🚢

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Nate just asked me what I’m doing and I replied “reading about how to grow garlic in Florida”. He looked at me like I had 2 heads 🤣🤣🤣

😂 He will love it when you figure it out.  It is good to see that you are checking out how to grow in Florida because it will be different.  You will probably have to grow softneck. Try to find out what variety of softneck will do best where you are moving.  You will probably have to learn the technic of chilling them several days before planting.  Even in zone 7b where I am some hardneck wouldn’t work.  It would be nice if you could find a local source.  There are folks that have grown it in Florida .  You will probably not be planting it until late fall or early winter so you have time to figure it out.  Good luck.

• Like 2

Cats & fireworks?  While we were waiting for the fireworks last night, a young couple sat in front of us with their cat on a leash (a cinnamon lookalike)  the  cat spent the waiting time in their laps, (occasionally trying to escape).  They were clearly doting young cat parents but I would have thought a 8min firework display would not be the  ideal experience  for the feline? They also had one of those awful bubble pet backpacks.  I have seen pet parrots in those and personally not a fan of them for any pet.

723A8026-D015-4125-BB9A-357BB9D0E7D9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Patti,

I used the first of my "govt. tests" today as a "pre-test'.  Wanted to be sure I was negative before I used one of my Binax Now monitored tests.  I board the Navigator on Monday. 🚢

Thanks Pat. I know, we can pre-test. Two years and a month since we have cruised or been anywhere actually. So, we've never even taken a covid test. And now we have a surplus of them. Silly Bill, I just thought it was funny that he actually thought we could use all of these free home tests, somehow, for the cruise. :classic_biggrin:

Bon Voyage, AGAIN! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

After the fireworks, headed back to the hotel for cocktails by the rooftop pool. Started with a p@rnstar martini.27328252-306D-4D96-90AA-CACF7CFC21E0.thumb.jpeg.36ed9b9e59156acef6a80345c26cc7d8.jpeg

4D7CB0BC-A454-4D9F-A64E-D5265F722E3B.thumb.jpeg.4ab763087b6fd915e640b8fd205510d6.jpeg

7C94C9B0-7087-40F1-9255-B44F5DA11828.thumb.jpeg.de8303c148ae28f1c6aa689ec58a4538.jpeg

01EA53D6-4C9D-424A-ABD2-08F5020763B7.thumb.jpeg.f8e1d44e90ef058dd422190be5e5e2d0.jpeg

79C40EFA-1ECC-4A6C-B11F-15FDD11D0589.thumb.jpeg.8aeca1f1252bd1fa06896e1cf5f66431.jpeg

Looks like there is no-one at the fireworks but it was packed.  We had lunch in the  city before checking into hotel and it is noticeably  busy again.  Rooftop pool is adjacent to rooftop bar.  We had the pool to ourselves for photos then it got busy.

Are the fireworks a regular thing or is it a special holiday this weekend ?

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Are the fireworks a regular thing or is it a special holiday this weekend ?

Pre-covid they used to be regular.

These particular ones were for the Red Cross  NSW & QLD flood appeal.  The ones prior were in January for Chinese New Year.  On the Darling Harbour website it has a tab that says “all year” but then it says subscribe to the newsletter for the next fireworks date……so sorry I don’t have a definite answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you and yaaay!!

@LuckynanaMaryann, I hope your Jennifer arrives safe and very tired I am sure.  Sounds like quite an ordeal.  My daughter is Jennifer also.

Hopefully the mask mandates on planes and airports will be dropped soon it was just extended but just to April, but don’t need mask while eating or drinking so I do lots of drinking.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Is your sister still visiting you?  Were you two able to get a cruise or two in during her visit?

Yes she is here until the 29th. She is going to watch my dog while I go on the Mariner later this month  She is not ready for cruising yet

Edited by molly361
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have had a lovely day and looking forward to a nice dinner tonight for Pauline's 60th birthday.

Graham.

IMG-20220313-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0002.jpg

IMG_20220313_105456.jpg

Happy Birthday Pauline! Wishing you a wonderful day and special birthday dinner.

Happy Birthday GIFs | Tenor

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes she is here until the 29th. She is going to watch my dog while I go on the Mariner later this month  She is not ready for cruising yet

She can enjoy a quiet few days with the dog while you cruise though, so that is good.  I am glad you are cruising though. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still having problems. I tried posting some photos in chrome and it was a no go. Ugh! I have at time been able to post them, but not at other times. I also had 4 quotes I was going to respond to and they went poof. If I can remember which ones they were.

@Keksie So sorry to hear about the loss of Kubota. It’s so heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye. Hugs for you.

@BonTexasNY Thanks, but I might have to take another break. It’s still giving me major grief and I have also tried using chrome. Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn’t. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1