Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am a Big Oasis class fan but I have never noticed that type room.  How is it listed on RC website? Is it under balcony,  suite or something else.

It’s called an “ultra-spacious balcony”. There are only 7 cabins in this category: five on deck 11 and then these two at the aft of deck 7. Its main draw for us was a balcony with seating for more than 2 people, since Andrew likes to sit out there with us, but still pay quite a bit less than a suite. It actually sleeps 6, with built-in bunk beds plus a convertible couch. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 7

@Luckynana My heart goes out to your grandson and his parents and family. A very close family friends’son,who we love like a grandson , was diagnosed with Type1 diabetes when he was eight years old. He is now sixteen and is doing very well. He plays bass guitar in his school’s jazz club, is on a fencing team and has been working at a local farm stand this Summer. He’s a great kid !

As others have posted, the developments in the management of this disease has improved tremendously since he was first diagnosed. He has an insulin pump and has the software that records his insulin levels both on his smart phone and both his parents’phones. They have all done a great job in handling his illness.

He has not been hospitalized since the first time when the diagnosis was made.

I am posting this as an encouragement to you and your family. 

Every patient is different in their health journey. I am wishing a good outcome for your grandson and hoping that he has already begun feeling better.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

To add to what MJ said about type 1 Diabetes, my cousin was diagnosed at age 14, they told her at that time she would be lucky to live into her 40s, she is now almost 70 and still going strong.  She was one of the 1st in the country to get an insulin pump, a great invention.  Does she have bad days, absolutely, but they are not common. Great advances have been made, its not what it used to be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Florida, Coco Cay and Nassau.  I am going for the ship, Oasis is my favorite.

Thank you for the good wishes, our family really needs this break from reality.

Have you seen the aqua 80 show?  If not, you are in for a treat. By far the best (hiro close 2nd) aqua theatre show.  Have a wonderful cruise 😊 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Luckynana My heart goes out to your grandson and his parents and family. A very close family friends’son,who we love like a grandson , was diagnosed with Type1 diabetes when he was eight years old. He is now sixteen and is doing very well. He plays bass guitar in his school’s jazz club, is on a fencing team and has been working at a local farm stand this Summer. He’s a great kid !

As others have posted, the developments in the management of this disease has improved tremendously since he was first diagnosed. He has an insulin pump and has the software that records his insulin levels both on his smart phone and both his parents’phones. They have all done a great job in handling his illness.

He has not been hospitalized since the first time when the diagnosis was made.

I am posting this as an encouragement to you and your family. 

Every patient is different in their health journey. I am wishing a good outcome for your grandson and hoping that he has already begun feeling better.

MJ🙋🏻

MJ, thank you so much for sharing this about your close friend's son.  I will show this to my daughter when she and Ryan get home from the hospital.  Hopefully, they will be home tomorrow or the day after.

53 minutes ago, akcruz said:

To add to what MJ said about type 1 Diabetes, my cousin was diagnosed at age 14, they told her at that time she would be lucky to live into her 40s, she is now almost 70 and still going strong.  She was one of the 1st in the country to get an insulin pump, a great invention.  Does she have bad days, absolutely, but they are not common. Great advances have been made, its not what it used to be.

Thank you, April for also sharing this about your cousin.  

This is what I love about our Dani's thread. 💕

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm guessing that most doctors would also.  The opioid problem is real and serious in this country and can affect anyone.  I'm sure you know this better than most of us.

Bonnie - I hope you find a good way to manage your pain.  This article talks about the risk of opioid addiction increasing after just 5 days of prescribed use.  

Bob, thanks for the article.  Yes, opioid addiction is a major concern. However, this is the 2nd time around taking an opioid, 1st in 2016.  I never got addicted then and I'm not addicted now.  In total I would be taking it for approx.3 weeks, maybe 2x a week.  I've learned to deal with the pain knowing it's temporary or at least I hope it is.  

11 hours ago, George C said:

On my wife’s first trip to New York City we took her to a Feast in little Italy that had about a million people , she grew up in small city outside of Buffalo and was in awe. She loves visiting New York. We need to visit Boston my sister has a condo downtown for more than twenty years and is planning on selling it . 

Oh my, that brings back wonderful memories.  Must have been the Feast of San Gennaro.  When we lived in NY we would go almost every year.  Oh, the food!!  Below is a photo I googled:

1 Million People Will Pour Into NYC's Little Italy During Feast of San  Gennaro | Italian Sons and Daughters of America

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Quick ball update…

Owen’s team is in the semi finals tomorrow.  Tonight they beat the second place team from regular season 9-2.   Yes, that was the same team they beat earlier in the week to be ranked first.

It’s a double elimination and we have had one loss so far so it’s do or die tomorrow.

7373D360-44B8-493F-9B68-556CFFD6E5AF.thumb.jpeg.ce533d790affe4f674807df92af2827f.jpeg

• Like 14

I watched Jane Austen’s Persuasion on Netflix last week.  Today, these memories popped up my phone confirming that the Royal Crescent in Bath, UK (top photo) was used as a location.  Not surprising given Jane Austen lived in Bath from 1800-1806 and Bath is used for a lot of period tv series.ED028DDB-4297-4060-9F4A-CA20320EC327.jpeg.b44ecabeb6d7da89a68755406b1ecffe.jpeg

934AFD08-51B3-4297-9EBC-266F5C5791CC.jpeg.74990ab9ad58b4f94827a6c5a99c4c2b.jpeg

0768F9A3-8B44-4F29-8B22-9882154422E7.jpeg.e1f657e03eb9ef8dc483621c1ebeb945.jpeg

• Like 13

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Quick ball update…

Owen’s team is in the semi finals tomorrow.  Tonight they beat the second place team from regular season 9-2.   Yes, that was the same team they beat earlier in the week to be ranked first.

It’s a double elimination and we have had one loss so far so it’s do or die tomorrow.

7373D360-44B8-493F-9B68-556CFFD6E5AF.thumb.jpeg.ce533d790affe4f674807df92af2827f.jpeg

Well done Owen & his team!  All best to them for the semi-final.

• Like 1