Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

My son, who lived in both Orchard Park and Williamsville, just sent me this. 

He says he is glad he no longer lives there. 

Susan and I made the drive to Erie, PA this morning.  There is only about a foot of snow here, but the sun is shining.  The next storm will start around 10 tonight. 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Susan and I made the drive to Erie, PA this morning.  There is only about a foot of snow here, but the sun is shining.  The next storm will start around 10 tonight. 

My wife’s best friend said the same about a foot there just a few miles south of Buffalo 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

UDP is not offered on longer cruise like this.

We got the Ultimate Dining Plan on our Miami to LA trip next November. The price was $396 Cdn, which I didn’t think was bad for 14 days. I know there’s not many restaurants, but we like a wide variety of things to eat, so it’s not like it’s steak every night.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

We got the Ultimate Dining Plan on our Miami to LA trip next November. The price was $396 Cdn, which I didn’t think was bad for 14 days. I know there’s not many restaurants, but we like a wide variety of things to eat, so it’s not like it’s steak every night.

We would never get the UDP, to much  like having a regiment schedule for us. Rather not have to be somewhere at a certain time. Rather do things on the fly while on vacation.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Wow just wow!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Reminds me of growing up in Williamsville during the Blizzard of 77.  The worst hit areas of Buffalo had 100 inches of snow over 5 days.  As a kid, it was a winter wonderland.  Not so much for the adults.  Some houses were literally buried in drifting snow from 50+ mph winds and snowmobiles were the only way to reach some people.  My best friend's parents kept their camping trailer parked about 4 feet from the side of their garage.  We packed the snow between the garage and the trailer and made a skip jump.  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Reminds me of growing up in Williamsville during the Blizzard of 77.  The worst hit areas of Buffalo had 100 inches of snow over 5 days.  As a kid, it was a winter wonderland.  Not so much for the adults.  Some houses were literally buried in drifting snow from 50+ mph winds and snowmobiles were the only way to reach some people.  My best friend's parents kept their camping trailer parked about 4 feet from the side of their garage.  We packed the snow between the garage and the trailer and made a skip jump.  

My wife Shelagh was talking about the blizzard of 77 , even the CBS newsman Jeff Glor from Buffalo talked about it this morning.

39 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@reallyitsmemaI was thinking about you, are you all recuperated from your Oasis trip???

Awww, thanks for thinking of me, Marietta. 🙂 I am finally doing much better and am off all meds at this point.  I haven't needed my rescue inhaler in almost a week, so that is something.  At least I can now schedule my flu shot, still not sure about the covid booster though.

We want to book a cruise but I have gotten sick on 3 of our last 4 cruises, so not sure what we are going to do.  When are you guys sailing next?

Hugs to you and yours.  Your granddaughter was so strong to get up and talk about her Dad at the vigil.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Panama Canal October 2023 on Radiance of the Seas.

I would grab the 3 night for $95.   The cheapest we saw this past year was $89.   If price does lower you can simply cancel and reorder at the lower price.  

Then use the bogo for 1st 2 nights as Arzeena suggested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We would never get the UDP, to much  like having a regiment schedule for us. Rather not have to be somewhere at a certain time. Rather do things on the fly while on vacation.

We are the same.   I try to avoid schedules as I deal with them enough at home and work.

• Like 3

Very cold and windy here.   Just finished up mulching 6 cans of leaves and put a bunch of mulched leaves into raised garden beds.   

Still have to put patio furniture away and clean out last couple items in garage for my convertible to go in after she gets inspection done on Monday.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations!!  Busy, busy, but productive day for you!  So happy for you that DH is on board with your new home!  Much happiness for you as you make new memories together in Florida!

@helen haywood

+ 1 🌼  + what all the others have wished you.  Happy DH, happy DW 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone who has been on Odyssey care to tell me what you thought of the ship? I have not sailed on this class of ship.

We just got back from a TA on Odyssey.  Any questions, just ask away.  We really like Odyssey.  It seemed like a long ship but it was manageable, even for me.  On Deck 5, from one end of the elevator in the back to the front where the Royal Theater and Diamond Lounge is really is not that long a walk.  People say that this ship is narrower than the others and that’s why it rocks a little more with motion.  The captain didn’t agree with that theory.  

DD322762-E61D-437E-870D-15F6DF48616E.thumb.jpeg.f258fe03913b6077c770029a8c360ab7.jpeg

833EF752-636E-4426-8014-AC6FC6CBFFC9.thumb.jpeg.a8acc4c81dae810c956db9e625a2ef7f.jpeg

6E60AEB3-5935-49CD-8BCD-EA6CCB38BF37.thumb.jpeg.f26b5f4c09f0d7c39df3bf4af100b7c1.jpeg

25B41A99-36BF-45BB-8AC4-C4893322B0FB.thumb.jpeg.74a80deddab0ef15733fc4846823c652.jpeg

DH did the FlowRider on the first day.  There were so serious riders here.  Always long lines.

DEFD787E-1C5F-4156-8820-F620B7BB507E.thumb.jpeg.f62fcd10189e07fd5a66fc8829d8cada.jpeg

Then he tried the iFly.  Free on the first day of the cruise.

F8819F96-7625-4DDA-8518-C71510E01B9E.thumb.jpeg.0cdbd7fd2459b7d7b31e8e87326c5a4a.jpeg

One of our favorite spots

DF16C5D7-7BCF-4423-82B4-F98CB682C612.thumb.jpeg.c47881b5d5b0dd1ea356840f75320857.jpeg

Another favorite spots

64A91970-69FE-4D8D-9A17-B563653301D4.thumb.jpeg.5d6fc3e858d39abaec6e41d08f653f1d.jpeg

95C3A983-1F82-443C-AAEF-BE2E7AC3BFC7.thumb.jpeg.9b4d0aa96c1cb083ed86fc286f1dc920.jpeg

Halloween cupcake decorations on boarding day10/31 in the Windjammer

72672B1E-7839-4847-AF67-6D57E13A1773.thumb.jpeg.000f15431c058283fddfff255cf8f7e5.jpeg

Sunset on 10/31

6188F904-ACDA-476A-9E7F-9AFD79CB9BE9.thumb.jpeg.5ed83f0596ab3feef8a6e48f96d7dd8a.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very cold and windy here.   Just finished up mulching 6 cans of leaves and put a bunch of mulched leaves into raised garden beds.   

Still have to put patio furniture away and clean out last couple items in garage for my convertible to go in after she gets inspection done on Monday.

31 degrees here this morning.My granddaughter came home last night for the Thanksgiving break.She came to see me on her way home from the airport.She told her parents,dinner can wait,seeing her dog can wait ,seeing her grandparents was number one on her list.

• Like 12

Has anyone noticed internet pricing recently while on a ship? I am seeing $15.99 today on Odyssey for surf and stream. That seems very good to me. On Allure last April I'm pretty sure it was $24.99 for surf.

BTW, there was no option to book only surf. Does that seem strange?

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Has anyone noticed internet pricing recently while on a ship? I am seeing $15.99 today on Odyssey for surf and stream. That seems very good to me. On Allure last April I'm pretty sure it was $24.99 for surf.

BTW, there was no option to book only surf. Does that seem strange?

For our January and March cruises I purchased yesterday at $13.99 Surf and Stream for one device. Additional device for $11.99 but as others reported that came out more expensive in the cart, so I purchased one plan per person for one device.  Today it is $14.99.
No "surf only" option seen.

When and where are you sailing OB?

I'm super excited!  My Ukulele group just got invited to play at one of the biggest concerts in the city (which is hosted every year) next week and today I found out I have a featured part in the concert!

I'm singing the lead part in John Lennon's "So This Is Christmas ("War Is Over)"!

Oh and it's my birthday next week!

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1