Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Eric's Mother passed away around 10 am.  

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I'm not sure how I feel about yet.

Debbie, I am very sorry to hear that. Hugs to you and Eric.

To go or reschedule is entirely your and Eric's personal decision. Wishing you both peace and strength.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

As usual, I get tongue tied on here and my true intentions don’t alway come across as they are in my mind….either way, my heart is with you sunshine 🌞 

Actually, you were very articulate in your response. I didn’t know what to say, but you encapsulated it nicely!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I will add my condolences for you, Eric and the family, may she rest in peace.

I also would suggest do what absolutely needs to be done this week and both of you cruise this weekend.  We had a family cruise planned less than a month after my dad passed, my brother urged us to go and it was definitely the right thing for us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Debbie, so sorry to read about Eric's mother's passing.  It's a blessing she didn't suffer.  Jack always said a person has to have luck in death as well as in life.

Whatever you decide about your cruise, it will be a good decision because it will one both you and Eric made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll be the first one to say it.   As far as those "lighthouse" cookies, I'm thinking......male anatomy.

Had 2nd cataract surgery yesterday.  I think I'm the only one in existence who experiences pain a day after surgery.  Dr appointment this morning.

• Like 11

It was 50° with heavy rain when I got up this morning.  It is supposed to turn to snow this afternoon.  

The first thing we did this morning was to go to the school, and drop off a large box of new toys for Angel Tree.  

9A74E86F-2E8B-469C-B8F0-CCF38BE62C40.thumb.jpeg.b86bd406d8d461ab16f66d902aaba764.jpeg

It is sad, that many times, these are the only things some kids get for Christmas.  

• Like 14

@Sunshine3601 adding my condolences for the passing of Eric’s Mom.  IMO, going ahead with the cruise might be just the thing for you both. Eric could use the time to think about and plan what needs to be done when you return, without the outside distractions of work and everyday life.  But that’s only my opinion and the two of you will make the choice that’s right for you. You and your family are in my thoughts.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Eric's mother. My thoughts will be with you and the family. I think you both should cruise. Give yourself time to grieve and a cruise would give you some comfort. My mom and Linda's mom were both cremated and we didn't have a celebration of life ceremony till a couple of months after they died. Anything you do does not have to be right away. Take time for yourself and celebrate her life. 

+ 1 , every word.

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, so sorry to read about Eric's mother's passing.  It's a blessing she didn't suffer.  Jack always said a person has to have luck in death as well as in life.

Whatever you decide about your cruise, it will be a good decision because it will one both you and Eric made.

+1 , Debbie & Eric, @Sunshine3601

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back from my eye doc.  Everything is healing beautifully.  I just have to keep applying refresh eye drops to lubricate my eye.  It's amazing how much better I can see now.  So clear!

Lenny, I'm sure you didn't mean November, 2016.  I doubt HBE went on a cruise.  Hopefully, he's just busy and hasn't found time to post.  This is the problem with most online friendships when you don't share personal info like phone numbers, emails, etc., which also might not be answered.

We just have to hope for the best that all is well.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

And since we are on the subject. I have a question for Dani @dani negreanu in a lot of the photos of the cemeteries in Israel, there are window spaces cutout into the crypts. Is that to check on them?  I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I am just curious as to why there would be openings. ☺️

No worries, I've been known to be curious and asking many questions, always trying to learn something new from other people.

So, many observant Jews have a small window on the graves of the departed ones, to put in and light a memory candle. This way, rain and wind do not "shut it down". The candle would eventually do it itself.

And, speaking of candles [and lighthouses...], that's DH "interpretation" of Peggy Cove's lighthouse... @Ocean Boy

image.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• We are extremely lazy this cruise we didn't get off today even though we are docked in St Maarten but we stopped here several times since covid. Almost no children on board, found it strange that Celebrity allowed a passenger to have two small dogs which are kept in a baby stroller they were in suite pool area this morning. Some dress codes are being enforced there was a boy with his father on the elevator and they said he had to change since shorts were not allowed for dinner in Blu . St Thomas tomorrow we will get off so wife can shop and there is a nice Italian restaurant that  we always visit. 
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, George C said:
  • We are extremely lazy this cruise we didn't get off today even though we are docked in St Maarten but we stopped here several times since covid. Almost no children on board, found it strange that Celebrity allowed a passenger to have two small dogs which are kept in a baby stroller they were in suite pool area this morning. Some dress codes are being enforced there was a boy with his father on the elevator and they said he had to change since shorts were not allowed for dinner in Blu . St Thomas tomorrow we will get off so wife can shop and there is a nice Italian restaurant that  we always visit. 

I'm happy you are having a nice relaxing cruise.

• Like 2