Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@bobmacliberty

I saw your question regarding San Francisco & Napa valley. Having been to SF a whopping 2 times  and Napa only once, I am far from being an expert on anything. The only thing I might add to the San Fran part of the trip is a walk thru the Redwood forests of Muir Woods. If memory serves me correctly, it's about 30 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

https://www.nps.gov/muwo/index.htm

As for Napa Valley, I attended one of my nieces destination wedding there about 10 years ago. At the time, I was primarily a beer drinker and drank wine maybe twice a year - Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. Even then, it was whatever the cheapest wine I could find for under $5.  Well, after spending 5 days in Napa, I discovered I really like wine. I also really, really like expensive wine.   Of course, every winery I went to was better than the one before it so take my advice with a grain of salt. But there is one place, a small family owned place off the beaten path that really sticks out i my mind. Laird Winery. Great wine, very knowledgeable and friendly, down to earth staff. The kind of people you want to hang out with all day long. I love everything I tasted there & then even offered me a complimentary glass of wine afterwards.  I've recommended it to a few other people and nobody has been disappointed. At least, not that I know of.  lol

https://lairdfamilyestate.com/

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Weird. It still shows you're friends 😁

That’s odd. It let me send them a friend request.

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just be careful because sometimes that is a sign that your account was hacked.  I would suggest changing your password to something you don't use anywhere else.  If you can't change it, you are likely hacked and need to report and try to reclaim your account.

Oh no! I’ll look into it right away. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just be careful because sometimes that is a sign that your account was hacked.  I would suggest changing your password to something you don't use anywhere else.  If you can't change it, you are likely hacked and need to report and try to reclaim your account.

Ok, I know what I did now. I have a second account that I use when I join cruise groups. I was still under that one. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I can also send you details via messenger of the book of face, since John's Bella is a mutual friend.

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Weird. It still shows you're friends 😁

I think maybe you guys are talking about different accounts... there's one account for John and another one for Bella.  (John can't access Bella's account anymore.)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ok, I know what I did now. I have a second account that I use when I join cruise groups. I was still under that one. 😏

Oops. 🙂  At least you know what you did.  You can always ask him to decline the invite so you keep that account friendless.  I have had a few friends get hacked, one actually this past weekend.  We got friend requests from the account even though we are already friends.  Neither of us accepted them as we knew better.  The notification finally went away this morning and he has his account back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I have never heard it called anything but arugula!!!!

Since DH is battling a hopeless fight against weight gaining and is eating huge amounts of "leaves" 😁 [to the point of me thinking in no time at all he'll start "muuu-ing"], I'm very familiar with all the "versions" 😉.

I, OTOH, do not like LEAVES. Of any kind. Period.

Which reminds me of a funny episode I had some 20 years ago, when DH had some soon to expire miles. I used them to travel business class to visit my cousin in Germany, found myself alone in the BC cabin with 2 very eager to please FAs.

The moment the time to lunch arrived, they proudly placed a huge bowl of green leaves in front of me. I flicked an eye on it, and calmly continued to read my book...

After a few mins they appeared, worried: "You don't like our salad??" I replied: "I'm not a 'salad person' ".... When I saw that she doesn't seem to understand my meaning, I repeated it in French. She got it.

Took the "offending" bowl from me, but couldn't stop giggling... "She's not a salad person, never heard it before, this from a woman who looks in great shape... 😁"

Eventually, a nice steak made its appearance, and THEN I told them: "Now you're talking 😉"

Edited by dani negreanu
typos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 14

55 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not having a full wrap around promenade deck on Q-class ships is a major disappointment for me.  I love walking around the ship as close to the water as possible, stem to stern. Especially the stern. Love looking at the wake on a moon-lit night.

As for your first question,  I wonder what the lifeboats are blocking on the V/F/O class. Maybe they are on the Royal Promenade deck and therefor obstruct nothing?  It is curious though.

Yes, they hang even with deck 5, the Royal Promenade, so the walking, jogging track looses the view on O class. V/F class they are tucked in above the deck 4 promenade and block nothing since the Royal Promenade, deck 5, has no windows. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oops. 🙂  At least you know what you did.  You can always ask him to decline the invite so you keep that account friendless.  I have had a few friends get hacked, one actually this past weekend.  We got friend requests from the account even though we are already friends.  Neither of us accepted them as we knew better.  The notification finally went away this morning and he has his account back.

For what it's worth, this isn't actually "being hacked" but rather "being cloned". 

The original account isn't used in any way, other than to copy (or clone).  They steal the profile pictures and use them to create another account with the same name, then they look at the friend list and send new friend requests. 

There is no need to change your password or "get your account back" because your original account wasn't accessed -- just a new one was made with the same name/pictures.  Think about it -- if they had access to the original account, they wouldn't need to send friend requests, because you're already friends with them!

Whenever you get a friend request from someone you're already friends with, send them a message (to the account you're already linked to) and let them know that they've been hacked.  They can report the fake profile to FB and it will be deleted.

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

That’s great - it was terrible on explorer on the  balcony.  In the cabin was good for the most part but balcony was so bad.

It was horrible on Adventure too. I don't mind paying for good ssrvice but I was constantly frustrated on that ship.

On 1/29/2023 at 4:21 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Oh ok!  There was definitely no form or anything in the cabin.  Glad you mentioned it bc I totally forgot!  Sent an email to c&a.  

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let us know what happens. 

I got impatient waiting for a return email and called C&A.  They said they are shipping the crystal block.  Could take 3 weeks depending on availability.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

For what it's worth, this isn't actually "being hacked" but rather "being cloned". 

The original account isn't used in any way, other than to copy (or clone).  They steal the profile pictures and use them to create another account with the same name, then they look at the friend list and send new friend requests. 

There is no need to change your password or "get your account back" because your original account wasn't accessed -- just a new one was made with the same name/pictures.  Think about it -- if they had access to the original account, they wouldn't need to send friend requests, because you're already friends with them!

Whenever you get a friend request from someone you're already friends with, send them a message (to the account you're already linked to) and let them know that they've been hacked.  They can report the fake profile to FB and it will be deleted.

Well, if his password is different he is hacked but he must have told you something different than what he told me.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, if his password is different he is hacked but he must have told you something different than what he told me.

That's my point... you didn't get friend requests from HIS account, because you were already friends with him on his original account.  The friend requests were from the copycat account, which he never had access to because it's a different account entirely.  The request notifications went away b/c FB deleted the fake account. 

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The most wonderful day of the year has arrived again. First one of 2023 

1C474CAF-3B7B-4C9E-A38F-12625D271346.thumb.jpeg.7a5f90cb3f841d6fde6278d47d1d48f5.jpeg

and it begins in the solarium 

21D80321-B7D1-4345-A380-367FCE0D0688.thumb.jpeg.8769439f7f238b7d864d84eb81ceee77.jpeg

Long Island Ice Tea. . 

Have a wonderful cruise.  The navigator was our first rccl cruise in 2004.  We were amazed how big and beautiful she was and had an amazing time.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If anyone is interested in what a typical balcony cabin looks like on this ship... 

20230130_135033.thumb.jpg.c60e3bba83d59e666531f4d4b9223747.jpg

20230130_135218.thumb.jpg.ac7ebebc29df011084e2bc17d03bb09d.jpg

20230130_135107.thumb.jpg.d66c75193b371a4884de3f5521c7e7a3.jpg

If anyone is interested in in the OV Panoramic suite. 

DC728DDA-9817-4C72-96F2-9C872DC77322.thumb.jpeg.45efdb5190cbc424f9e7d0c52d7bc73f.jpeg

10BD898C-4B12-445C-8870-3032F0F8D3EE.thumb.jpeg.ec0285593dd73c49fcb702ec3129b90d.jpeg

46391DD8-ADD9-44F4-85D2-8F4001F116A4.thumb.jpeg.db2c2af9a14a7a343f2153071faf37e0.jpeg

597C5AA9-3A01-489A-BA33-D5D71E6E6223.thumb.jpeg.152121e0096963bd3513ad54153cefeb.jpeg

597C5AA9-3A01-489A-BA33-D5D71E6E6223.thumb.jpeg.152121e0096963bd3513ad54153cefeb.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you!

Something just not right about NY temps being warmer than Dallas. I remember snow in April in NY.  At least NY plows quickly.  When I lived in Manhattan, I never saw white snow for more than one day.  It always turned to slush hours later.  Rockland County was magical when it snowed.

Your trip, except for your fall, sounds delightful.  Just what you and your step-daughter needed.

When I lived in Brooklyn I saw white snow for many days especially the Blizzard of 1947.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

@bobmacliberty

I saw your question regarding San Francisco & Napa valley. Having been to SF a whopping 2 times  and Napa only once, I am far from being an expert on anything. The only thing I might add to the San Fran part of the trip is a walk thru the Redwood forests of Muir Woods. If memory serves me correctly, it's about 30 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

https://www.nps.gov/muwo/index.htm

As for Napa Valley, I attended one of my nieces destination wedding there about 10 years ago. At the time, I was primarily a beer drinker and drank wine maybe twice a year - Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. Even then, it was whatever the cheapest wine I could find for under $5.  Well, after spending 5 days in Napa, I discovered I really like wine. I also really, really like expensive wine.   Of course, every winery I went to was better than the one before it so take my advice with a grain of salt. But there is one place, a small family owned place off the beaten path that really sticks out i my mind. Laird Winery. Great wine, very knowledgeable and friendly, down to earth staff. The kind of people you want to hang out with all day long. I love everything I tasted there & then even offered me a complimentary glass of wine afterwards.  I've recommended it to a few other people and nobody has been disappointed. At least, not that I know of.  lol

https://lairdfamilyestate.com/

I have been to California several times.The first time was In 1970 when I was young and healthy.My wife and I did an alcohol tasting tour of the many wineries.At each one there were 2 ounce cups but there was no limit .The second time we did that tour was 1999,still healthy but not young  and I could not drink as much as the first time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Have a wonderful cruise.  The navigator was our first rccl cruise in 2004.  We were amazed how big and beautiful she was and had an amazing time.  

Navigator was my first Royal cruise in 2013, and I've cruised Royal almost exclusively ever since!  

• Like 5