Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Starting to feel much better, heading to the airport in a couple hours for  our flight home to Roanoke. We have about an hour drive from Bradenton to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport (PIE), first to return the car rental and then in to check our bags and go through security.

Hoping to be able to watch the NFL NFC Championship  game  with the Eagles against the 49ers which starts at 3pm. We board around 6:30pm.

Made it home on time on Allegiant last night , actually got home an 1/2 hour earlier then the scheduled time. A quick 1 hour and 20 minute flight home.

Great to be back home again. 🙂

Also was great to see the Philadelphia Eagles win and going to the Super Bowl , next up Andy Reid's  Kansas City Chiefs in 2 weeks.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I will agree 100% to this. My favorite cabins on deck 6 are 6244 (cannot beat the location and completely unobstructed) , and cabins in the vicinity of 6154, 52, 56.....We have stayed in 6150 and 6550 as well, both of which are classified obsructed but there is practically no obstruction there unless you look towards the left/right over the handrail.

Ditto - we have stayed in some of the cabins as you.    Location of 6244 and 6246 are awesome!

Our next sailing on Anthem end of March we are in one of the square cabins 6254 - I love having the extra window and double size balcony similar to JS's.    

I booked Chris and Donna, the newlyweds, in cabin 6286 or 88 (we'll shall see what type of obstruction in March).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ditto - we have stayed in some of the cabins as you.    Location of 6244 and 6246 are awesome!

Our next sailing on Anthem end of March we are in one of the square cabins 6254 - I love having the extra window and double size balcony similar to JS's.    

I booked Chris and Donna, the newlyweds, in cabin 6286 or 88 (we'll shall see what type of obstruction in March).  

Enjoy your cruise! I look forward to hearing all about it and see some pictures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nasty weather here in the Dallas area.  Winter storm warning until Wednesday 6am.  Today, tomorrow in the 20s, rain, sleet, icy. We're staying in with the hopes we don't have another famous Texas ice storm.  Some schools are closed!  Good weather returns by Sunday, the day we head down to Galveston for our first cruise on Monday in 5 years. 5 night, Adventure OTS.

George, @George C Bethany @TravelGirlinDallasand whoever else will be impacted, stay safe.

I am definitely not leaving home today, wife drove downtown to her office a little after 7 had no issues. Enjoy Adventure of the seas , I really like that class . Always love the ice show . 

• Like 2

I have new found appreciation for those that take the time to write trip reports, both cruise and non-cruise related.  Because I would suck at it. LOL.

Background: my step-daughter and I had decided some time ago that once we got thru the holidays and took care of most of the “business” side of the recent sad events, we would treat ourselves to a getaway. Originally, we were thinking ski trip up to Vermont but for various reasons that did not pan out. But we do have family that are new to the “snowbird” lifestyle and have started wintering (i.e. renting a house) down in Bluffton, South Carolina, just outside Hilton Head.  Can’t beat the price of the accommodations (free) and JetBlue was having a sale. One-way flight from NYC LaGuardia to Savannah, GA was $79.  Same on the return flight. Much cheaper to fly than drive. From Savannah, a 40-minute drive to Bluffton.

Originally, I had planned to do a once a day post with pictures as others have done but, well, what can I say? Other than one post about a week ago of the flight down, I just could never find the time to post until late at night when I was to crash.  Oh, and I suck at taking pictures too so not many of those either. 😜

Anyways, we were there for a week. My brother-in-law, his wife and niece were fantastic hosts. Weather was hovering around 60 degrees but felt warmer. Unfortunately, about half-way thru the trip, I slipped while hiking and ending up doing once of those painful looking splits that gymnast & ballet dancers routinely and effortless perform. But since I’m neither, it was painful & took me about 5 minutes before I could stand up. After consulting Dr. WebMd, I self-diagnosed myself with a mild to moderate hamstring strain. No bruising or popping sounds so I’m somewhat certain it was not a tear but it did leave me hobbling around for a few days, unable to put much weight on my leg and had to take my time walking slowly. Had to cancel a planned side trip to explore Savannah the next day so I  could sit on the couch, icing my leg, playing board games and popping Advil.  Fortunately, my niece is also a personal trainer and was able to guide me thru the do and don’ts of how to best recover without re-injuring.  

Overall, it was much needed trip. Plenty of good food, drinks and company despite the minor mishap that side-lined me the last few days. A few pictures to follow.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

We were thinking of doing a dolphin tour. While at the marina eating lunch and discussing it, the dolphin excursion boat from the morning tour pulled in with 2 or 3 dolphins following. They (the dolphins) decided to give us a nice 2-hour long show frolicking inside the marina so we decided to not spend the money on the tour as we felt we had a free excursion. Not really free as lunch turned into happy hour at the marina.

Sorry, no pics of the dolphins.

Sunset-1.thumb.jpg.0a3f5c28aaad136357e9714bc37e96a0.jpg

• Like 13

Another hike that ended pretty quickly thanks to the aforementioned "splits" fall.

Trail-1.thumb.jpg.fdf8374f3a5e706ff3af791a8624ba8c.jpg

Site of the accident. 🤬  I basically slipped on loose gravel while trying to capture a candy wrapper that flew out of my hands. Hope the turtles and alligators appreciate my sacrifice. 😄

Trail-2.thumb.jpg.c37d418b08d4951683963bf9a498cfc9.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hiking thru the swamp. Love seeing the Spanish moss from the trees.

1805975132_SwampTrail.thumb.jpg.636df9e0cd9b25ec57470953937f5361.jpg

344004036_BoardwalkTrail.thumb.jpg.29242a35cc17f86479e03a19d1c2bf1b.jpg

43930762_SwampTrail-2.thumb.jpg.0ea6aeee876b69b4c81fd2acfbc8bb2c.jpg

I have not so fond memories of playing with spanish moss as a  kid and being covered with chiggers (red bugs)   
They’ll sure ruin your day (s). 
I didn’t realize Bluffton had a beach. We’ve only  driven through on the way to Hilton Head. 
You’ll have to visit again when you can enjoy everything you couldn’t this time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have not so fond memories of playing with spanish moss as a  kid and being covered with chiggers (red bugs)   
They’ll sure ruin your day (s). 
I didn’t realize Bluffton had a beach. We’ve only  driven through on the way to Hilton Head.

Yeah, I'm told the Spanish Moss is pretty to look at, but that's about it. Plus, I'm told its considered a weed that is killing the trees? Just repeating what I was told.

I should have clarified, while we stayed in Blufton, the house is close to the causeway to Hilton Head so all pictures , beach and hiking, are from Hilton Head as that is where we spent most of our time.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Career day at schoolFE1DF854-0694-4A71-9341-2C47977E673C.thumb.jpeg.0a1d661170b9d9f38991b139cade6859.jpeg

Maybe we could use this Dr. today.  We are watching a sick grandson.  Maybe it had something to do with that Bengal’s loss last night. 

So he has wanted us to play Monopoly today.  I told him that sometimes that is not a good thing, but he was talking about this kind. 🤣

D576F94C-14F5-491F-8E81-0B08B2571514.thumb.jpeg.625e3eb371334c794b1400d9d7fe4c47.jpeg

Ricky has been in the box top most of the afternoon now. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, I'm told the Spanish Moss is pretty to look at, but that's about it. Plus, I'm told its considered a weed that is killing the trees? Just repeating what I was told.

Spanish moss is not parasitic: it is an epiphyte that absorbs nutrients and water through its own leaves from the air and rain falling upon it. While its presence rarely kills the trees on which it grows, it occasionally becomes so thick that, by shading the leaves of the tree, it slows the growth rate of the tree.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Spanish moss is not parasitic: it is an epiphyte that absorbs nutrients and water through its own leaves from the air and rain falling upon it. While its presence rarely kills the trees on which it grows, it occasionally becomes so thick that, by shading the leaves of the tree, it slows the growth rate of the tree.

Dead trees that are left standing, like a pecan grove in my neighborhood, wind up covered with spanish moss. It didn’t kill them, it took advantage of the empty beaches to attach to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1