Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Navigator was my first Royal cruise in 2013, and I've cruised Royal almost exclusively ever since!  

It was my first grand suite have booked suites ever since . Also first and only time we were invited to captain’s table for dinner which was amazing.  First ice show.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Have a wonderful cruise.  The navigator was our first rccl cruise in 2004.  We were amazed how big and beautiful she was and had an amazing time.  

I’m enjoying driving distance to a cruise. As a matter of fact I was in San Bernardino for a conference so the drive in today was just an hour. So far all is good. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Interestingly, the planner in the app shows a 2 AM kayaking adventure in Labadee tonight. I wonder if it is sold out? 

Screenshot_20230130_201144_Royal.thumb.jpg.f9387b6494e6f13d5d46e2752dce2cda.jpg

Sounds like a nice, moon-lit kayak tour, aka The Smugglers Special. 😆

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Made it home on time on Allegiant last night , actually got home an 1/2 hour earlier then the scheduled time. A quick 1 hour and 20 minute flight home.

Great to be back home again. 🙂

Also was great to see the Philadelphia Eagles win and going to the Super Bowl , next up Andy Reid's  Kansas City Chiefs in 2 weeks.

Welcome home.   I hope both of you are feeling good.

GO EAGLES!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Can I assume that this will be simular to Ovation?  We booked a guaranteed balcony because of a much better deal than OVB.  I heard most end up on deck 6. 

I was so glad you pointed out the outside dining at Windjammer the last time we were on Ovation.  Nice place. 

Yes, ovation deck 6 is same layout.   When you find out your cabin number (or try the hack to find out #) let me know and I should be able to tell you if good one.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I had to look it up.  I wanted to be sure what it was.  When we were in Homosassa we saw a model of a moss factory.  They used Spanish moss to stuff automobile seats and other items.  I would think that would make uncomfortable seating.  Lol

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I had to look it up.  I wanted to be sure what it was.  When we were in Homosassa we saw a model of a moss factory.  They used Spanish moss to stuff automobile seats and other items.  I would think that would make uncomfortable seating.  Lol

Spanish moss was used to stuff mattresses  back in the 19th century. 
On May 3, 1901,  a lantern ignited moss in a mattress factory and spread so quickly that the city of Jacksonville Fl burned down. Only some outlying suburbs survived. It was a huge fire. People in Charleston SC could see the smoke. 
 I don’t think it’s ever used for anything these days, but anyone wanting to take some home, be sure to bake it at low heat to kill the chiggers. They’re too small to see, but they bite and will drive their victims nuts!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Spanish moss was used to stuff mattresses  back in the 19th century. 
On May 3, 1901,  a lantern ignited moss in a mattress factory and spread so quickly that the city of Jacksonville Fl burned down. Only some outlying suburbs survived. It was a huge fire. People in Charleston SC could see the smoke. 
 I don’t think it’s ever used for anything these days, but anyone wanting to take some home, be sure to bake it at low heat to kill the chiggers. They’re too small to see, but they bite and will drive their victims nuts!

Chiggers are awful.  That is amazing about what happened back then.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I lived in Brooklyn I saw white snow for many days especially the Blizzard of 1947.

Manhattan gets way more foot and vehicle traffic which makes for a grey, black, slushy environment.

On another note, everything here seems to be iced up.  Roofs, grass, etc,, are covered in ice. I'm sure the roads are treacherous by now.   Supposed to get worse tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

AWESOME🍹🥰  

I'm really excited for you.  

Thanks, Debbie.  We already hung the clothes we're taking in our closet in one spot, ready to fold and place in our suitcases.  

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Manhattan gets way more foot and vehicle traffic which makes for a grey, black, slushy environment.

On another note, everything here seems to be iced up.  Roofs, grass, etc,, are covered in ice. I'm sure the roads are treacherous by now.   Supposed to get worse tomorrow.  

Thanks, Debbie.  We already hung the clothes we're taking in our closet in one spot, ready to fold and place in our suitcases.  

If my father had his way I would have grown up at 530D ,but all of my mothers friends lived in Brooklyn and they moved there.My father had two friends who lived at 530D.Even his friend Sidney Hillman could not change my mother’s mind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I have never heard it called anything but arugula!!!!  That's what I love about this place, you learn so much that you wouldn't otherwise be exposed to!

We call it rocket over here too, usually sold in salad bags

Screenshot_20230131-085726_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bdc47af591d3ef3f2352f2c5bc787d8c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Went for another bushwalk after lunch.  Sun was out and it warmed up to 30C.860324B6-C7E9-4283-8124-18F78CDCBD5B.thumb.jpeg.062ee5fd266db94b5254fa0e9ce47c56.jpeg

637AB6FE-9830-4B68-95AD-739F6A6D1832.thumb.jpeg.5b7d351e7922e8b93a4a58b86ea54a72.jpeg

Pretty butterfly if you can spot it.

Then we headed to the beach.  Water temp is lovely 717BCB81-68CC-4520-8301-D8E26BDA9A3F.thumb.jpeg.fdced75601b7c437760e8b401a680d1e.jpeg

Watched this Border Collie swimming in the ocean.CBC01298-017F-44AC-8603-BA654DE3207B.thumb.jpeg.d60e6a54bc91080968a36a4eaa2fd028.jpeg

Couldn’t believe how far he swam out.  His boys were bodyboarding in the surf, so he would swim out to them, then swim back to his owner, the boys’ mum watching on the beach, then swim back out again (you can see him in the photo below).  Did this on rotation for 45 mins.

E7EA962D-30B4-4355-A80B-7880783437E0.thumb.jpeg.95f0beb7c544e8e5c079b0ee5d6e6456.jpeg

• Like 15

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Navigator was my first Royal cruise in 2013, and I've cruised Royal almost exclusively ever since!  

My first Royal Cruise was also in 2013 - Rhapsody of the Seas.  I tend to flit between cruise lines based on price & itinerary but my next cruise will be Ovation  out of Sydney or Quantum out of Brisbane.

• Like 4