Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We will be doing the opposite in April.  I will need to figure out how to get from Southampton to downtown London.  We’ll have too many bags I think to take a train. We actually will get off in Portsmouth, then I want to spend a couple of nights there or Southampton, taking the train to bath and maybe Cotswold? Then we’ll spend a week in London before flying home. We’ll skip Stonehenge but will do a day trip out to Windsor.

Look in to International Friends.  We booked a post cruise tour with them that took us from the ship and dropped us at our hotel in London.  It included stops at Salisbury, Stonehenge, and Windsor.  It was a small, 15 passenger van, but I think we only had 8 people which was nice.  You may be able to coordinate a pickup with them. They do have stops at some of the places you list. 

This is their current pricing. 

IMG_6950.thumb.jpeg.ae0701f05d4ab7eecfac09c347e8a759.jpeg
IMG_6951.thumb.jpeg.fb799a6c1c4bc5b8d82cc1b9ad52724d.jpeg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well,   this Aussie koala will definitely be doing the full Love Actually Airport scene - flight has been pushed back a further 1 1/2hrs.  But who knows what the next update will be in the morning….

Safe travels once you do get on your plane.  Enjoy your hugs once you get to see your kids!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We will be doing the opposite in April.  I will need to figure out how to get from Southampton to downtown London.  We’ll have too many bags I think to take a train. We actually will get off in Portsmouth, then I want to spend a couple of nights there or Southampton, taking the train to bath and maybe Cotswold? Then we’ll spend a week in London before flying home. We’ll skip Stonehenge but will do a day trip out to Windsor.

Oooh are you doing the Brilliance cruise?  I'm looking at either that one or Independance MIA to SOU

Both good ports for a transatlantic and prices are good too. 

I've never known RC to end in Portsmouth before 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Missing Stanly Park will be disappointing... How long will you get to spend in Vancouver?

One full day immediately before  the cruise and a few hours after we disembark.  The rest of the time we are doing a roadtrip of Vancouver Island.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Sorry you will miss Stanley park as it was great place to walk and I slept well that night and legs were sore too

Yes, was looking forward to it walking it for fresh air & exercise after being on a 14hr flight.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Oooh are you doing the Brilliance cruise?  I'm looking at either that one or Independance MIA to SOU

Both good ports for a transatlantic and prices are good too. 

I've never known RC to end in Portsmouth before 

Yes, booked for April of 2025.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

One full day immediately before  the cruise and a few hours after we disembark.  The rest of the time we are doing a roadtrip of Vancouver Island.

Vancouver Island is beautiful. I really hope you get great weather and can enjoy it.  The old growth forests are amazing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hard to believe it’s been that long ago. If only there had been a lighthouse on the ice berg. 

DH asked our guide of the Lighthouse when the last shipwreck was.  Back in the 1898 was reply, a paddlesteamer carrying 32 crew and 30 passengers.  One of the survivors was a baby.  She lived until her 90s and her ashes are scattered at the wreck site.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, my plans to spend the day walking Stanley Park have changed….instead of arriving Vancouver tomorrow morning, I will be (hopefully) arriving 11hrs later due to “operational issues”At least DH & I don’t have to get up before dawn tomorrow morning and there is now a strong possibility that the “kids” can meet me at the airport when I arrive.  Time to put that koala onesie back into my carryon and embarrass the heck out of my kids - with my 🐨 hugs at the airport.

Have a great trip and visit with your kids!

• Thanks 1

Second this week our power has gone out on a beautiful day. Don’t know if everyone turned on their AC at the same time but this is getting ridiculous. And our lines are all underground.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Shogun 

I did a search on my cable and found Shogun. It will show S1E9 on FX Tuesday 9 central time.  My cable did not save earlier episodes with On Demand. 

We watched it on Hulu which shows anything on fx the following day without commercials. We just watched a very good movie yesterday American Fiction, highly recommend.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Second this week our power has gone out on a beautiful day. Don’t know if everyone turned on their AC at the same time but this is getting ridiculous. And our lines are all underground.

Must be people plugging in their cars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 22

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sometimes outages happen for no reason, that is immediately and visibly known. Might have been a transformer caught on fire, a car taken out a power pole etc… 

We had a huge wind storm Friday night here and lost power for almost 12 hours.  There was outages all across the province.  Our generators fired at all 3 houses and things were good. Unfortunately there is clean-up to do again at all locations.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sometimes outages happen for no reason, that is immediately and visibly known. Might have been a transformer caught on fire, a car taken out a power pole etc… 

We had a huge wind storm Friday night here and lost power for almost 12 hours.  There was outages all across the province.  Our generators fired at all 3 houses and things were good. Unfortunately there is clean-up to do again at all locations.

We have talked about getting a generator. Maybe now is the time to revisit that idea.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We have talked about getting a generator. Maybe now is the time to revisit that idea.

There is a data center opening every 3 days, needs the power of 80 homes to run. Blame A1 gearing up.

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, my plans to spend the day walking Stanley Park have changed….instead of arriving Vancouver tomorrow morning, I will be (hopefully) arriving 11hrs later due to “operational issues”At least DH & I don’t have to get up before dawn tomorrow morning and there is now a strong possibility that the “kids” can meet me at the airport when I arrive.  Time to put that koala onesie back into my carryon and embarrass the heck out of my kids - with my 🐨 hugs at the airport.

We love Vancouver.We have been there several times.One of my son in laws just returned from a business trip there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Something weird happened here too. Been very windy here the last 3 or 4 days. Never lost power as far as I know but something tripped the 50 amp breaker on our hot tub. It has happened before and the Breaker has been tripped one other time but that is when the heater element went bad and shorted out. I replaced with new a while ago and has been running fine up until today.

After I was finished mowing the grass this morning, I just checked the hot tub by taking the cover off and noticed the control screen was black meaning the hot tub was off...............I thought to myself oh no the heater element went bad again, but nope put the breaker back on and as of now it is running fine and has heated back up to temp. So so far everything is good again.

I'm not sure if there was some kind of power surge or what?

Also want to add a few pictures of our apple tree this year..............Lots of Blooms this year compared to last year when we hardly had any apples........Last year I think the tree got hit with a hard late frost and lost almost all of it's blooms(frozen).

20240414_145931.jpg

20240414_145946.jpg

20240414_150025.jpg

Below:  This is how many apples we got from the tree in September 2022, last year in 2023 we only got about 1 of those crates.........So very disappointing.

20220901_113122.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There is a data center opening every 3 days, needs the power of 80 homes to run. Blame A1 gearing up.

Sorry, off topic but…Was it you that talked about paint colors and a specific shade of gray that was color of the year or something to that effect?  DW is talking about re painting some rooms & a gray is in the conversation.  I cannot find that page in here for the life of me!

10 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sorry, off topic but…Was it you that talked about paint colors and a specific shade of gray that was color of the year or something to that effect?  DW is talking about re painting some rooms & a gray is in the conversation.  I cannot find that page in here for the life of me!

The trending color is Agreeable Gray from Sherwin Williams. 

• Like 1